Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Now that is a map, Dorateen.

It has a sexy werewolf, a cute dragon, and best of all, an undomesticated snowman in the top right. A proper M&M map indeed.

Dorateen

Arcane
I'll be honest, I'm probably looking forward to and more excited about the Underworld sequel than MMX. But just the promise of the next Might & Magic title in the tradition of the party-based RPGs is rather incredible. I support it in the sense of a broader movement toward old-school dungeon crawlers. Although MMX might very well turn out be a decent adventure.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Wait, what Underworld sequel?

Edit: Okay, got it. That's actually one I wanted to try. Is it any good?

Mortmal

Arcane
Charles' map for Sovereign is a true Might & Magic map.

However, having said that, I'm not sure what was presented wasn't anything finished at this stage. They still have the entire summer of development and polishing in front of them. I want to learn more about who let the Nagas into the gathering of elder races.

Indeed sovereign map is a hell lot better , and the game will be too more than likely.
worth directly linking the image here:
sovereign_world_map_low_res.png

Tigranes

Arcane
When I was in my teens I used to host some CYOA style things in another game forum, and one member was a Polish kid planning to go to art school. He'd spend half an hour making maps for those sometimes.

I think they looked pretty much the same as that MMX map, but with better taste.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think they might be gradually filling it. That tower in the lake is Shantiri's Ruins.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
meanwhile: hipster mac photoshop retards took the cool fantasy style away from us.
I want Ultima maps and Eye of the Beholder cover artworks!

ancient_ultima_online_britannia_map_by_noxillunis971-d4mnkq1.jpg

(not Ultima, but another pretty cool map of Britannia)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If they're gonna fill it with shitty outline symbols like that it will look even worse than now.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oddly enough, Ubisoft's world of Ashan actually has many decent maps:

Ashan.jpg

The MMX map is that peninsula at the western edge of the continent.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ye, even I can use CC3 alright and I can't draw for shit. That said, I don't think the map is that bad, it just looks kind of small.

Repressed Homosexual
Don't expect much out of this game, it will be mildly entertaining but short, sorta generic and bland, forgettable game devoid of the charm of the older ones.

Charles' game is the true sequel to Might and Magic.

This Ashan abomination is about as inspired as an insipid Korean MMORPG.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pretty sure it'll be what HHR is assuming. But hey, I'll still give it a shot. Maybe it'll surprise me. (Probably not.)

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Obviously a trade off...
- Simple map with good looking models/animations inside the game world
VS
- Awesome looking map with minimalistic looking and static inside game world.

If you praise the latter ones so much then better stick to games like that:

wizardry1.gif

I don't think we can expect much more from a small studio.
#dealwithit

I won't deny that it probably will be generic anyways... but Might & Magic always was generic, mainstream, average... so why being upset so much?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom