Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Zeriel

Arcane
Surely you can at least tell us whether or not it's verifiably headed in the right direction or not without revealing specifics. (Which is of course a great opportunity to lie to our faces, but we're all bros here.)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Yeah, but... Damn, that seems so awful. Is like they were trying to hide something, something sinister.

That's the problem with Publisher developed games. Publishers do not like Developers talking or interacting with the public as much as say a Kickstarted project encourages discussion with them sadly.

Luzur

Good Sir
herpa derpa
Yeah, don't worry Bryce, and thanks again.

Luzur: So you signed a NDA? Bummer, then what's the point of that VIP forum if you can't comment about the game to outsiders?

4 pages of it, even.

i may not grab screenshots, text or show any information or even tell you any hearsay that Ubisoft has tagged as YOUR EYES ONLY to any third party, and any programs and/or heaps of code i may get from them shall not be shared with anyone but me as the reciever and Ubisoft, upon me getting a holiday in court if i do.

after MMx is out, i guess the NDA is terminated.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
All we can hope is you share your thoughts with them on making it as much like the classic Might and Magic games were. :salute:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
herpa derpa
Yeah, don't worry Bryce, and thanks again.

Luzur: So you signed a NDA? Bummer, then what's the point of that VIP forum if you can't comment about the game to outsiders?

4 pages of it, even.

i may not grab screenshots, text or show any information or even tell you any hearsay that Ubisoft has tagged as YOUR EYES ONLY to any third party, and any programs and/or heaps of code i may get from them shall not be shared with anyone but me as the reciever and Ubisoft, upon me getting a holiday in court if i do.

None of that points out that you can't give us your feelings on where they are going. Am I correct?

tindrli

Arcane
4 pages of it, even.

well. Mr. Luzur, just be sure to write down or memorize all things that you will be suggesting to them so when this gets out you can proudly say.. See bros, i told them..

and other will be that we invent some kind of Codex crypto language in which you can ej.. describe a lunch that you had and we would all understand whats happening..

anyway good luck :love:

Gozma

Arcane
tell them to make everything faster

it's okay if the game is wireframes

just be fast

Mortmal

Arcane
This NDA nonsense moves the game from "fapping cautiously" to "stopped fapping".

Eh, usually they don't give fans access like this at all. They're trying to make an effort here, but publishers still gotta publisher.

On one side you have developpers , who makes bi weekly video updates, who chat with us, speak openly about the game design from A to Z,with all the risks of coming to this rough place .On the ubi side its closed forums with some castrating NDA, little or poor infos, and only a select few worthy ones to give their opinions. Its an effort i guess but i see no reason to make the effort to fap either . Not good enough to write my opinion on forum ? ill take my dirty money elsewhere.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On one side you have developpers , who makes bi weekly video updates, who chat with us, speak openly about the game design from A to Z,with all the risks of coming to this rough place .On the ubi side its closed forums with some castrating NDA, little or poor infos, and only a select few worthy ones to give their opinions. Its an effort i guess but i see no reason to make the effort to fap either . Not good enough to write my opinion on forum ? ill take my dirty money elsewhere.

I guess the real question is why you were fapping in the first place.

Mortmal

Arcane

I guess the real question is why you were fapping in the first place.

Naivety or stupidity.. i was hooked by the first trailer , nowadays we are getting promises of great games, the new wasteland , the new baldurs gate, the new torment, and even the new ultima 7 (by larian). So why not new a true might and magic , it was following the pattern, the astral conjunction . I even anticipated lord british new project, deep beneath the jaded old nerd, theres the soul of a little boy believing in christmas still.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Little did I know when I received Wing Commander for Christmas in 1990 that that Christmas would never be equaled for the remainder of my lifetime.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Naivety or stupidity.. i was hooked by the first trailer , nowadays we are getting promises of great games, the new wasteland , the new baldurs gate, the new torment, and even the new ultima 7 (by larian). So why not new a true might and magic , it was following the pattern, the astral conjunction . I even anticipated lord british new project, deep beneath the jaded old nerd, theres the soul of a little boy believing in christmas still.

And what is the difference, hmm? How much of your money have they gotten so far?

Fan communication is extremely time consuming, so for a small team I can well understand why they'd limit the interaction.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm here since 2008. Even before if you take in account my lurking period. This is just my second account Bryce, I'm the shitposter formely known as Kosmonaut, the one that trolled you with the Schattenjäger doppelganger account.

Anyways, I don't really care about joining dates, I was just thanking you for answering my question.

Sincerely, The Misogynerd.

Fuck I hate cunts with alt accounts.

I'm here since 2008. Even before if you take in account my lurking period. This is just my second account Bryce, I'm the shitposter formely known as Kosmonaut, the one that trolled you with the Schattenjäger doppelganger account.

Anyways, I don't really care about joining dates, I was just thanking you for answering my question.

Sincerely, The Misogynerd.

Not that I'd have to put my butt on ice everytime you call me "Bryce" and you're welcome to go on with it for all I care, but consider this. I was banned a few days ago because somebody higher up thought I'm this guy's alt. I contacted the admins and some info was exchanged.

I supposed the reason I was unbanned is that that someone doesn't think I'm an alt anymore. Otherwise I'd have stayed banned.
If that doesn't convince you (or Jason or anyone else), then please, knock yourself out and Bryce away.

:hero:

You too Bryce....fuck off.

Take your faggot lovers tiff to GD and leave the proper RPG threads alone.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
No point in this VIP forum then I guess. At most you can tell "it's looking good" or "it's looking not so good"... (maybe the contract only allows the former one anyways), so basically we will be as clever as now until the release of the game.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The point is old-time M&M fans giving feedback on the game's progress to the developer. I'd say that's a good enough point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom