Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MAJESTIC wallpaper: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/migh...s.aspx?c=tcm:154-94102-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

2013.04.26_Tridion_MM_body_MMXL%20keyart_wallpaper_94104.png

Zeriel

Arcane
That was posted a while back! As cover art, anyway.

But yeah, I really do like what new art there is, the style is cool.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Eh... has something new happened? Why are we back to fapping cautiosly Jaesun?

The horrible information from all the various professional gaming reviewers who have never played a cRPG before.

Still waiting for some solid info from oh I don't know... a reviewer that has actually played a cRPG before and can finally give us exact specifics (cRPG mechanics wise).

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm hoping for a Blood Dragon-esque "preview", if you know what I mean.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That UI is awful compared to MMVI-VIII by the way, dunno why people laud it so. It looks like something that should be in an iPhone game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What do you guys like about it?

To me it looks like the usual "Floating UI With Big Rounded Icons" that we've been putting the hate on for the last ten years. I like my UI blocky, solid and straightforward.

Gozma

Arcane
I dunno how you are able to judge a UI without messing with the game or at least getting a real preview.

I don't know if a UI is any good until I know how many clicks shit takes and everything you use more than once every five minutes or so is hotkeyed and instantaneous

I don't care if they make shit look rounded on the corners man... I guess I want legible fonts? Don't make the foreground text illegible against the background?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Still waiting for some solid info from oh I don't know... a reviewer that has actually played a cRPG before and can finally give us exact specifics (cRPG mechanics wise).
Luzur got into the VIP forums, so we may finally get some more tangible information, or at least as much as NDA allows.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Apparently not, sadly. They might've been more impressed with Luzur's collection, and my knowledge of the games doesn't really surpass his, so if they wanted one and only one then he's a more reasonable choice.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Apparently not, sadly. They might've been more impressed with Luzur's collection, and my knowledge of the games doesn't really surpass his, so if they wanted one and only one then he's a more reasonable choice.

A shame. I really hoped they'd invite you both! I think you may have been too critical here and there :P

Good thing at least Luzur has made it though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Yeah I am a bit shocked that Sceptic was not chosen. You do have a very good grasp of the Might and Magic series and it's mechanics. But happy to see at least ONE person on that VIP section who actually knows and understand's cRPG's. Here is hoping to hearing finally some solid info (depending on the NDA). :salute:

Dorateen

Arcane
I think it's got all the potential in the world. It's the execution that matters. So far, what the designer has stated, not the previewers, seems to be moving in the right direction.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
In the context of the game what does "cautiously fapping" means? I though that it meant to be an exercise of self-pleasuring in a surreptitious way to not get caught. Why would you do that for a game whose qualities are yet not known?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
In the context of the game what does "cautiously fapping" means? I though that it meant to be an exercise of self-pleasuring in a surreptitious way to not get caught. Why would you do that for a game whose qualities are yet not known?
There's some info, gameplay videos etc. The qualities are half-known.
That's why it's fapping "cautiously".
I for one welcome the X, it's already clear it's not gonna be popamole. Question remains, is it gonna be any good.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dude that joke has already sailed, the issue has been cleared with admins.
Besides, you're even greener newb than me, so chill out, don't edgy out like a 2004 vet, you look like a fool.
Post well, post happy and the KKK will come to you.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
I'm here since 2008. Even before if you take in account my lurking period. This is just my second account Bryce, I'm the shitposter formely known as Kosmonaut, the one that trolled you with the Schattenjäger doppelganger account.

Anyways, I don't really care about joining dates, I was just thanking you for answering my question.

Sincerely, The Misogynerd.

Luzur

Good Sir
Luzur got into the VIP forums, so we may finally get some more tangible information, or at least as much as NDA allows.

actually, i may not reveal much at all, upon treat of being dragged to court.

actually, you have a better grasp of some the underlying mechanics of the game.

so i would actually have liked to have some backup over there.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm here since 2008. Even before if you take in account my lurking period. This is just my second account Bryce, I'm the shitposter formely known as Kosmonaut, the one that trolled you with the Schattenjäger doppelganger account.

Anyways, I don't really care about joining dates, I was just thanking you for answering my question.

Sincerely, The Misogynerd.

Not that I'd have to put my butt on ice everytime you call me "Bryce" and you're welcome to go on with it for all I care, but consider this. I was banned a few days ago because somebody higher up thought I'm this guy's alt. I contacted the admins and some info was exchanged.

I supposed the reason I was unbanned is that that someone doesn't think I'm an alt anymore. Otherwise I'd have stayed banned.
If that doesn't convince you (or Jason or anyone else), then please, knock yourself out and Bryce away.

:hero:

Luzur

Good Sir

A shame. I really hoped they'd invite you both! I think you may have been too critical here and there :P

Good thing at least Luzur has made it though.

kinda strange that, how they made the choice, since ive done nothing but hate Ubi...?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom