Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Luzur

Good Sir
huh, they added in trainers as requested but still kinda gave us the finger.

Arkeus

Arcane
I distinctly remember them saying htere were trainers for expert/masters/GM way back in the beginning too... oh well.

Does anyone know whether they are ALSO taking off the time management issues? Because a M1M game without day/month/year...

Luzur

Good Sir
I distinctly remember them saying htere were trainers for expert/masters/GM way back in the beginning too... oh well.

Does anyone know whether they are ALSO taking off the time management issues? Because a M1M game without day/month/year...

yeah, but your beginning is abit later then my beginning.

and nothing has been mentioned about that, you want me to ask?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I don't really have a problem with not having to find an NPC in order to simply level up. You don't have to do that in Wiz8, you don't have to do that in any D&D CRPG -- it's pretty inconvenient for a "light" RPG.

Edit: Pardon, didn't mean to categorize Wiz8 as being "light".

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
To allow leveling only at trainers for money is just an additional money sink gameplay-wise. If enough money is in the game do it. If there are not enough possibilities to earn money -> don't do it. Learning something at speed of light doesn't add to the immersion.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
btw, Luzur, there's a 2nd verse:

Bet´t Kinder, bet´t
Morgen kommt der Schwed´
Morgen kommt der Oxenstern
Wird die Kinder beten lern´n

Bet´t Kinder, bet´t
Die Schweden sind gekommen,
haben alles mitgenommen,
habens Fenster eingeschlagen,
habens Blei davon getragen,
haben Kugeln draus gegossen,
und die Bauern tot geschossen...

(Oxenstern = Axel Oxenstierna / Swedish Chancellor)

Luzur

Good Sir
btw, Luzur, there's a 2nd verse:

Bet´t Kinder, bet´t
Morgen kommt der Schwed´
Morgen kommt der Oxenstern
Wird die Kinder beten lern´n

Bet´t Kinder, bet´t
Die Schweden sind gekommen,
haben alles mitgenommen,
habens Fenster eingeschlagen,
habens Blei davon getragen,
haben Kugeln draus gegossen,
und die Bauern tot geschossen...

(Oxenstern = Axel Oxenstierna / Swedish Chancellor)

i know, i am a swede well rehearsed in german.

Arkeus

Arcane

Luzur

Good Sir
That's disappointing. So no real trainers, AND it seems the expert/Masters/GM trainers are 'we train everything', AND there is apparently only one 'upgrade' for classes (E.G, freemage => Archmage).

A lot of MM's appeal has to do with balancing training and time. I am especially worried that no one has heard anything about time management.

as i said, do you want me to ask about it?

EDIT: ah, i see you already answered that, i will post a question about "time management" (as in timelimit/PC's grow old/daily food? better clarify that abit)

Arkeus

Arcane
EDIT: ah, i see you already answered that, i will post a question about "time management" (as in timelimit/PC's grow old/daily food? better clarify that abit)
Time management include:
Opening/Closing hours of stores/temples
Expiration of certain spells (levitate, clairvoyance, fly...) at certain hours (E.G, 5AM).
Growing Old
Some stuff only available on certain days/months (Temple blessing different depending on the day, shrines that gives permanent boosts if you pray in the right month, people that move to different places depending on the month like the Circus)
Training take time (at least for expert/etc it should be possible)
'Scores' at the end of the game that takes into account how long the 'Quest' took.

it seems the expert/Masters/GM trainers are 'we train everything'

Eh? How do you figure? I think they've said they're not.
The way they said 'trainers' plus the image with a whole list of different skill to train. Hopefully i am wrong.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The way they said 'trainers' plus the image with a whole list of different skill to train. Hopefully i am wrong.

A whole bunch, but not all. Read the text.

trainer_biggob.png

Luzur

Good Sir
Time management include:
Opening/Closing hours of stores/temples
Expiration of certain spells (levitate, clairvoyance, fly...) at certain hours (E.G, 5AM).
Growing Old
Some stuff only available on certain days/months (Temple blessing different depending on the day, shrines that gives permanent boosts if you pray in the right month, people that move to different places depending on the month like the Circus)
Training take time (at least for expert/etc it should be possible)
'Scores' at the end of the game that takes into account how long the 'Quest' took.

it seems the expert/Masters/GM trainers are 'we train everything'

Eh? How do you figure? I think they've said they're not.

i dunno if i am allowed but from the NPC's texts ive seen in the VIP demo it is alot like the trainers in MM6.

but the demo isnt the final product so i should not be quoted on this.

EDIT: it has been posted, but i probably cannot give you any answers here, so see it as a reminder to the devs.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's disappointing. So no real trainers, AND it seems the expert/Masters/GM trainers are 'we train everything'
I don't see this mentioned on the page. They say you have to visit a trainer to upgrade your skill, and you have to find these trainers in the world. They don't mention that that one trainer trains every level or every skill.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lots of LARPers butthurt about having no paperdolls here: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/51e80852e754b6d20b000001

AREYUDUMB
July 18, 2013 21:15:39

In MM6-8 the character's inventory and their paper dolls made the game look amazing and this is what made these great games look great and made them get brilliant ratings. I suggest you dont use the MM9 style character inventory and not using paper dolls because in MM9 it was quite confusing to equip the characters and to use their skills and spells and overall it was a bad game; therefore it got poor ratings because of that. So please use paper dolls and it will make this game one of the best!

Why yes, you are dumb.

AEON1977
July 19, 2013 12:02:12

Just my own 5 cents, but is it really that important to dress up some paperdoll like a little girl dresses up her barbie??? Is that really that relevant for actual gameplay?? I don´t think so. And remember, World of Xeen was the biggest inspiration for MMX, so... no paperdolls back then. Instead of wasting time crafting paperdolls to let you view how "awsum" your character looks, the devs could build more dungeons, implement more secrets, polish gameplay, make level-ups be not automatic...

:salute: Of course this guy's post got downvoted by the LARPers.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't care about their inclusion in M&MX, but paperdolls are awesome.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I also liked paperdolls, but I don't really care if it is not in the game. There are other things that matter.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Lots of LARPers butthurt about having no paperdolls here: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/51e80852e754b6d20b000001

AREYUDUMB
July 18, 2013 21:15:39

In MM6-8 the character's inventory and their paper dolls made the game look amazing and this is what made these great games look great and made them get brilliant ratings. I suggest you dont use the MM9 style character inventory and not using paper dolls because in MM9 it was quite confusing to equip the characters and to use their skills and spells and overall it was a bad game; therefore it got poor ratings because of that. So please use paper dolls and it will make this game one of the best!

Why yes, you are dumb.

AEON1977
July 19, 2013 12:02:12

Just my own 5 cents, but is it really that important to dress up some paperdoll like a little girl dresses up her barbie??? Is that really that relevant for actual gameplay?? I don´t think so. And remember, World of Xeen was the biggest inspiration for MMX, so... no paperdolls back then. Instead of wasting time crafting paperdolls to let you view how "awsum" your character looks, the devs could build more dungeons, implement more secrets, polish gameplay, make level-ups be not automatic...

:salute: Of course this guy's post got downvoted by the LARPers.
Not much different from codex crying for pretty inventory icons/tetris

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom