Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Morphi

Augur
Dungeon Vote #6: story contest

https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/51e95950888ef65d72000004

What we have now is a dungeon that is based on a ruins tileset, with a balanced gameplay (combat and riddles), with a non-elemental theme and populated by the undead. What we need now is a story.

Why does your party enter that dungeon in the first place? What are they coming for, what’s there to achieve? And what happens then?

Write down your idea for a story and send it to us. We will pick three of your stories and will present them next week, then ask you again to pick the one you like best. This story will then be the basis for our dungeon storyline.

Finally some REAL Community input....

Jackalope

Arcane
Why does your party enter that dungeon in the first place? What are they coming for, what’s there to achieve? And what happens then?

That's a question? My party usually does that stuff to solve other people's problems, to get some loot&experience, maybe to stop a demon invasion or save a princes. It's not exactly rocket science. Are they asking for specifics?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
trainer_biggob.png

Ugh, those models. I hate the Heroes 6 art design, and I'm sad to see this games takes after it. It's over the top in a very, very bad way.

Yuuup. The pole of the spear is thicker than the guy's arm, for one...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I haven't really noticed a "heroes VI art design" until I saw these knights. but yeah, it does look a little silly.
the early screenshots looked great.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Ugh, those models. I hate the Heroes 6 art design, and I'm sad to see this games takes after it. It's over the top in a very, very bad way.

Yuuup. The pole of the spear is thicker than the guy's arm, for one...
Eh, I didn't notice what's wrong with the art style before you mentioned the spear, but yeah, it is ridiculous. But apart from that, it is OK, nothing special.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm with the others, this is silly.

Why does your party enter that dungeon in the first place?

To get the tasty XPs, you goddamned philistine!

What are they coming for, what’s there to achieve?

To get loot and levels. :retarded:

And what happens then?

They become small gods and terrorize monsters and barmaids across the world.

It's like they've never played any RPGs... :rpgcodex:

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

sser

Arcane
Developer
Why does your party enter that dungeon in the first place?

They hear the sweet sound of a singing woman.

What are they coming for, what’s there to achieve?

Putting it in all her holes.

And what happens then?

At the end of the game, her (your) child appears as a nasty monster that you must fight.

(Maybe its appearance is an amalgamation of your party, suggesting an orgy took place.)

:avatard:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
It seems everybody in this game is a magic user....

Well, that's hardly a groundbreaking novelty for the franchise. In M&MVI only Warrior couldn't use any magic. In M&MVII - Warrior and Thief (Ranger appeared there, and could use all elemental and clerical schools up to expert level). The eight part had Warrior and Troll (I think) magicless.

Dorateen

Arcane
Also, traditionally many weapons and items replicate spells from the magic schools. So almost any party member could cast any spell.

I remember running around with characters with multiple sets of Gauntlets of Beacons.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Well, that's hardly a groundbreaking novelty for the franchise. In M&MVI only Warrior couldn't use any magic. In M&MVII - Warrior and Thief (Ranger appeared there, and could use all elemental and clerical schools up to expert level). The eight part had Warrior and Troll (I think) magicless.

It's been ages since I played VII, but didn't Thief have very basic elemental magic? Without any level of mastery available?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

It's been ages since I played VII, but didn't Thief have very basic elemental magic? Without any level of mastery available?

Thief has magic, but IIRC you don't even get any MP until your first promotion.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I think thief has access to normal light/dark too.

Themadcow

Augur
In Wizardry, if you didn't have characters who could cast spells of some sort you "weren't doing it right". Never the less, it always struck me as a bit dodgy that my front line armoured fighters could all cast a decent spell and hide in shadows like a ninja.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/51f146b2e754b68177000000

HELLO EVERYONE,

the MMX-Team will be at the gamescom in Cologne, Germany this year. Doors are open for everyone from August, 22th to August, 25th. Meet us at our booth, check out the game, talk to team members and, if you're lucky, get one of these:

floppy%20disk%20mmx.jpg

(What's that? We're not sure, but you'd better not throw it on the floor!)

WIN A TICKET FOR THE M&M FAN DAY!

We will have a Might & Magic Fan day on Wednesday, August 21st, at the gamescom. And one of you can be there! Do you want to meet the team personally, play different M&M games, win prizes and have a day full of Might & Magic themed action? Then take part in our contest and win a ticket! (This includes travel expenses, a one-day ticket for the gamescom and access to the Fan Day, dinner and one night in a hotel.)

To win, you have to answer the following question:

“WHY DO YOU WANT TO MEET THE M&M TEAM?”

Be creative!

• Write your M&M story in the comments of this article
  • Take a photo of yourself in full M&M themed gear
  • Bake a M&M-themed cake and take a picture before you eat it
  • Write a song about M&M, play it on your lute and make a video
  • Have a much better idea and let us know!
If you want to share longer texts, pictures, songs or videos, you have to find a place to upload it and then post the link in the comments.

(Please keep in mind that we have a 500 character limitation in the comments and links you post will not be highlighted. That's okay, we'll see them anyway.)

The contest ends on Monday, July 29th, at 10 a.m. GMT+2.

Conditions for participation:

• The contest is open only for european citizens who are currently residing in Europe and are able to travel on short note (that means you need to have a valid passport and no entrance restrictions to travel to Germany)
  • You need to be at least 18 years old
  • You need to be free on Wednesday, August 21st, and Thursday, August 22nd
  • The winner will be picked by the M&M team
You don't meet all conditions? Don't worry, you will get another chance to meet the team and play the M&M games :)

Now get your keyboard / sword / baking ingredients / lute or whatever comes to your mind and surprise us!

Cheers,
Your MMX team

Luzur

Good Sir
i can just print out alot of labels and stick them on a couple of floppies i got, and you dont even have to play a lute for it.

(although i still want a cake.)

Nael

Arcane
Cologne you say? I can almost taste the Kolsch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom