Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ooh, Wiz8 inspired party banter. That's cool.

SO cool! One of things I loved about Wiz 8, which I didn't play till a couple of years ago when I joined the 'dex, was how my own player-created guys had personalities. And they would even leave the party some times during certain events to come back later with relevant information and shit. Really a mechanic that should be evolved instead of as now where it's been forgotten.

I think I recall HobGoblin42 saying they would have something similar in Chaos Chronicles.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Looks supercool!

Stuff like this:

freemagetable.jpg

awaken good memories and is something that just makes me really look forward to the game :)

Started a rerun of M&MVI to warm up for Legacy. This better be good!

Morphi

Augur
It seems like you can't spend points once you reached a certain level of a skill. You need to go to the trainer first. Interesting change from MM7+.
I'd like to have the "higher skill =more skill points cost" system from MM6+. But it doesn't seem to be that system...

narupley

Scholar
It seems like you can't spend points once you reached a certain level of a skill. You need to go to the trainer first. Interesting change from MM7+.
I'd like to have the "higher skill =more skill points cost" system from MM6+. But it doesn't seem to be that system...

I don't see any reason why it still couldn't be that system. Nothing in those screenshots concretely indicates one way or the other.

Morphi

Augur

I don't see any reason why it still couldn't be that system. Nothing in those screenshots concretely indicates one way or the other.

Take a look at 1:10 here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4IxhUtZlgY

narupley

Scholar

Take a look at 1:10 here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4IxhUtZlgY

Fair enough! I didn't catch that when I watched that video before.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/780703-Artifacts!?p=9162609&viewfull=1#post9162609

In MMX we'll have more than 30 relics. Some will be awarded through quests, some will need to be discovered in dark corners of the world. However right now, there are no plans for a secret merchant or so, where you could just buy those rare items. They wouldn’t be rare and special anymore, if that was the case, were they?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/776081-Monster-Respawn?p=9162616&viewfull=1#post9162616

Yes, we do plan to have enemies respawn in MMX. However the exact mechanic (how and when and how often they'll respawn) is still in discussion right now.

Zeriel

Arcane
Starting to get pretty hyped for this. Love the art style on the portraits, nice to see more.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/migh....aspx?c=tcm:154-104661-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Today we are pleased to announce you that M&M team will be present at Gamescom this year again!

Come & join us between the 21 & 25 of August to discover our latest productions: M&M X Legacy, M&M Heroes Online & M&M Duel of Champions.

We will also organize a special M&M FanDay! Want to be part of this event? Stay tuned to learn how to win a special invitation!

http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/home/index.php
http://www.ign.com/wikis/gamescom/Gamescom_2013

DaveO

Erudite
Expert crossbow and expert endurance for a mage? Maybe endurance is the equivalent of bodybuilding or regeneration.

I'm not expecting much beyond Swords of Xeen in terms of the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Expert crossbow and expert endurance for a mage? Maybe endurance is the equivalent of bodybuilding or regeneration.

I'm not expecting much beyond Swords of Xeen in terms of the game.

Expert is actually the lowest level of training.

narupley

Scholar
LE-Marcus said:
In M&M X trainers will promote your heroes to new skill ranks (expert, master grand master). Level-ups happen automatically whenever a character has accumulated enough XP to reach the next level.

Luzur et al., I thought you guys changed their minds?

Luzur

Good Sir
LE-Marcus said:
In M&M X trainers will promote your heroes to new skill ranks (expert, master grand master). Level-ups happen automatically whenever a character has accumulated enough XP to reach the next level.

huh, i thought so too, but i guess they took a middle road.

Arkeus

Arcane
LE-Marcus said:

That 'middle road' was the one they talked about waaaay back at the beginning. My guess is the interview predate their change of mind.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
The video does seem to have been produced just around when the Open Development stuff began, or possibly even before.

Luzur

Good Sir
LE-Marcus said:

That 'middle road' was the one they talked about waaaay back at the beginning. My guess is the interview predate their change of mind.

well that explains it.

not seen anything special from their side about the subject for a long time though, so i dunno.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Luzur This was posted today: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/51e6ae44888ef6cf20000002

LE-MARCUS

July 17, 2013 18:13:35
@IsleOfTerra: In M&M X trainers will promote your heroes to new skill ranks (expert, master grand master). Level-ups happen automatically whenever a character has accumulated enough XP to reach the next level.

LE-LORE

July 17, 2013 18:20:04
@IsleOfTerra: However, when leveling up, you can distribute your character's attribute points manually. You'll get more info on leveling up, skills and the trainer system in the blog post I'm currently working on! ;)

Arkeus

Arcane
Well, that's a pity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom