Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, RPS seem to have fucked up and unwittingly disregarded Ubi's embargo on posting the M&M X trailer: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...-the-might-magic-x-trailer-first/#more-164457
(Note that the video is set to private.)

I've also received that trailer from Ubi and the letter clearly says it can only be posted at a later date. I wonder if RPS got a different email or if they have really just overlooked the not-so-small print.

I also have to admit I lol'ed at TotalBiscuit's "Apparently not" comment.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, RPS seem to have fucked up and unwittingly disregarded Ubi's embargo on posting the M&M X trailer: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...-the-might-magic-x-trailer-first/#more-164457
(Note that the video is set to private.)

I've also received that trailer from Ubi and the letter clearly says it can only be posted at a later date. I wonder if RPS got a different email or if they have really just overlooked the not-so-small print.

I also have to admit I lol'ed at TotalBiscuit's "Apparently not" comment.

I guess that's what the teaser was about: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/520e24e8888ef62e65000001

I must say, RPS have been treating this game pretty shittily. They haven't been giving any coverage, and now this.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hmm, if CD Action posted it too, I wonder if the "big" magazines have been given the permission to post it earlier, then? Would make no sense tho', since there would be no point in the embargo at all if that were the case.

Also doesn't explain why RPS' video is set to private and hasn't been fixed yet.

Amn Nom

Learned
This looks so good, can't argue with another good dungeon crawler when they pretty much are extinct today outside of Grimlock.

Alchemist

Arcane
The classic series returns after an eleven year hiatus, and the first act of it will be available to early-buyers on Monday. Yes, Monday! Blimey, that snuck up from nowhere.
Holy shit - I had no idea they were releasing part of it so soon! And the rest in Sept? For some reason I kept thinking this game was several months or a year+ away from release. Now I'm getting excited - and the trailer looks great.

Gozma

Arcane
@Luzur Do we have any info about an animation speed slider or general speeding-up mechanics? The tile transitions and animations in that video look like they will drive me insane after about five minutes.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
images

@Jaesun I think you can change your stance from cautiosly fapping to fapping furiously.
This might turn out shit, but what we are seeing in the treailer, is at least as big of an incline as the Kickstarter pet projects, if not bigger.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I want to see more than two mobs or one NPC on screen at a time and meteor shower spell before I pass any judgement
Yeah I know it borrows more from Xeen, but then it could also borrow 6 character party from it :M
In my Might&Magic, I want a real world, not a city to replenish potions and few Grimrock-dungeons

Luzur

Good Sir
@Luzur Do we have any info about an animation speed slider or general speeding-up mechanics? The tile transitions and animations in that video look like they will drive me insane after about five minutes.

dunno if i can reveal anything detailed, but that is a genuine ingame video.

wait for those that buy the early access uploads a ton of stuff on youtube, maybe?

Morphi

Augur
Allow me to self quote me from the their forum:
Limbic ! When I buy the "Deluxe Digital Edition " can I "upgrade" it later? (Does it serve as coupon for the boxed collectors edition with cloth map that I want ?)
Edit: It seems (from the trailer) that we can buy a digital copy and get the box /manual/map for it later. Am i'm right, Limbic?

Because it want it on Monday but i also want my cloth map.

Gozma

Arcane
I was watching that video and was thinking, "If shit is going to be this slow they should have done open world like the apelings wanted." The payoff of step blobbin' vis a vis free movement is that you can play it fast. Luzur at least tell them on the insider forum stuff to say in hype interviews that there will be like an animation speed slider and/or a "no animations" mode or something if they're doing that.

Stabwound

Arcane
That video gave me a boner. Holy shit.

But.

XcWcol0.png

Exclusive dungeon and DLC for early adopters? What the fuck? Fuck fuckifuckcjicufck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom