Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol graphics whores. These screenshots are WORSE in terms of demonstrating the game's combat UI:

combat01_WIP.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
I can dig it. Interface is pretty clean, too, for an early build. I wonder if there's reaction attacks for heroes/enemies disengaging by moving away.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can dig it. Interface is pretty clean, too, for an early build. I wonder if there's reaction attacks for heroes/enemies disengaging by moving away.

I don't think it's possible to disengage.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Looks ok, aside from the fact that the text screen is way up there in the top left corner even though there's plenty of unused space on the HUD.

Wolfus

Arcane
Lot of elements are taken from Heroes 6. I am not sure if it is good or bad, but I want this game. Now.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Looks ok, aside from the fact that the text screen is way up there in the top left corner even though there's plenty of unused space on the HUD.
I assume the top right box that is minimized is just a general log, interaction and other prompts will pop in the middle of the screen because otherwise it would be way too stupid

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
If it's gameplay, then FUCKK OFFF

I do hope that at least the unique monster passives make a transition to the game in some shape or form. Griffins diving in from afar, succubi reflecting damage and cyclopses receiving it only after they get a swing at you first would really spice up the combat and make it much more strategic. Has this been mentioned anywhere?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
If it's gameplay, then FUCKK OFFF

I do hope that at least the unique monster passives make a transition to the game in some shape or form. Griffins diving in from afar, succubi reflecting damage and cyclopses receiving it only after they get a swing at you first would really spice up the combat and make it much more strategic. Has this been mentioned anywhere?

No.

HEY LIMBIC FOLKS, we know you're reading this! Please answer this question in one of your upcoming updates. ;)

Morphi

Augur
You asked us recently - and the answers

https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/5208fe05888ef6571900000b

@Infinitron @dibens
I do hope that at least the unique monster passives make a transition to the game in some shape or form. Griffins diving in from afar, succubi reflecting damage and cyclopses receiving it only after they get a swing at you first would really spice up the combat and make it much more strategic. Has this been mentioned anywhere? (HEY LIMBIC FOLKS, we know you're reading this! Please answer this question in one of your upcoming updates.) ”
They do ;)

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
In Ashan, Wizards are atheists

Liberaaaaaaaaaaals! :mad:

If you attempt to interact with a trap you will be asked to select the one who should try to disarm it. The individual text gives away the character attribute which will be used to determine success or fail. More info about traps will be revealed on the blog - stay tuned! ;)

This sounds cool, though. Would be extra-cool if the 'individual text' wasn't 'HALLO, DIS IS A MIGHT TRAP', too.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Interesting screenshot:

viewpoint.jpg

NPCS! Usually in grid-based games they're abstracted out of the game world.

Stabwound

Arcane
The angle they take all the screenshots at makes me feel uneasy. Still, that map image makes my inner lawnmower-simulator jump with glee. This game looks great. I hope the dungeons are as interesting as some of those submitted ones look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom