Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Luzur

Good Sir
Why wouldn't they? It's trivial to implement.

It was funny seeing everybody to jump to conclusions about there being only 4.

Well originally they weren't going to have dynamic expressions at all IIRC. Odd since like you said it's rather trivial; even I could create quite a few good ones using Photoshop and the original portrait.

*cough*[INSIDERINFO]it was planned from the start.[/INSIDERINFO]*cough*

EDIT: well, i made an mistake with my statement here, i naturally thought (as an veteran MM player) that facial expressions for all the different stuff like curses, poison etc where to be in the game development from the start or very early in the development, but it seems these new ones Limbic presented where OK'd just awhile ago, which i mistook as part of already planned PC facials, i am sorry for this.

also, i have been allowed by Limbic (Julien and Anna) to quote this for RPGCodex:

- while we wanted to have character expressions, our art contractor had already their hands full, so it seemed we wouldn't have them.
- Fan demand allowed us to negotiate to do at least the four expressions we showed at first (the ones seen on the class cards).
- We thought we would only have these four.
- As the community asked for more, we discussed with the art team to find a solution to create the additional variations we unveiled yesterday.
- Decision was only taken a couple of weeks ago, so it was certainly not "planned from the start".

dammit, its hard not being allowed to talk about or show you guys all the nice stuff i get to see of this game, but i must leave you in the dark...:(

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I don't know, I actually like that they decided to do a M&M3-5 style game instead of M&M6-8.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
If the game was going to be a MM6< clone, I imagine the tone of this thread would be somewhat less optimistic.

I don't even understand why anyone who doesn't get all hot-blooded at phrases like "TURN-BASED!!!" or "GRID-BASED!!!" or "SHELTEM!!!" would like M&M in the first place.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
To me, the essence of Might and Magic has nothing to do with having grid-based movement or free roaming. Though I'd actually prefer something in the vein of MM6+ (but only because filling out the mini map is so much easier with free roaming. Damn OCD.)

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
See, I couldn't stand clearing the minimap in MM6+ onwards, all those fucking mountains and shit, hopping up 3d hills doesn't feel M&M to me. When I think about M&M, 'lawnmower' is one of the first things to come to mind.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's a big one:
THE MMX COMBAT SYSTEM

Fight4_large_WIP.jpg

Killin' nagas

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey @Luzur, if I'm not mistaken, this game's original release date was actually next month. I assume that's no longer the case! I don't suppose you have any idea when the new release date is, do you?

Perhaps we'll learn at Gamescom.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I love the status icons above the monsters' heads. I realize they're a bit popamolish in nature, but still very clean and tidy. Just the way I like it.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks and sounds very nice. Easy on the eyes and likely fairly fun to play too.

:greatjob:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom