Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

narupley

Scholar
So it's actually another 6 months of waiting for the full game... Oh well. What they will release on Monday is just a demo for a privileged few

Where exactly does it say that "Act 1" coming out on Monday is only for a privileged few?

Alchemist

Arcane
So it's actually another 6 months of waiting for the full game... Oh well. What they will release on Monday is just a demo for a privileged few

Where exactly does it say that "Act 1" coming out on Monday is only for a privileged few?
My impression was anyone can pre-purchase the game on Monday. So if you put your money down you're privileged.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Soooo it requries Uplay? *sigh* i cant get the games i have tried to work in even a decent way... Deleted progress and lots of other fun things.
*sigh* oh well this ended up looking better then i though it would and now i cant even buy it due to Uplay :(

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Soooo it requries Uplay? *sigh* i cant get the games i have tried to work in even a decent way... Deleted progress and lots of other fun things.
*sigh* oh well this ended up looking better then i though it would and now i cant even buy it due to Uplay :(
I think it's a a check-in-once system, not an always online one. For MMX I mean.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last day of voting on the Dungeon Semifinals: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/520ba7f2e754b6c616000000

Here's the current tally:

upload_2013-8-18_14-29-17.png

@Morphi's dungeon is a shoo-in, but the second and third places are highly contested. I really want to see 5 make it in!

Zeriel

Arcane
Privileged enough to have a torrent client

Check your privilege!

Actually, on the topic, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show up on Torrents. There's plenty of alpha/beta games out there from Kickstarter that are available to thousands of users that aren't showing up on public trackers. Generally, the whole scene is still reliant on the... well, scene groups for stuff, and they only release actual retail products that are finished.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BELKETH461
August 18, 2013 15:04:36

Please check out IP and registration date of this users: ADAKO18, GRANDDUPA, HEDONE, KRABMALY, NORTITAJA. Their votings seems to be rather strange. Sorry if I'm mistaking.

Fuck, he's right. They all joined on the same day they voted and they all voted just for 5. Of course, they could just be that guy's friends.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Here's a kind of guide for tomorrow's Early Access release: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/5210d933e754b6d256000005

GIVE US FEEDBACK AND HELP TO IMPROVE THE GAME EXPERIENCE

Also, if you’re so inclined, we’d be thrilled if you participated in the development process by giving us your personal feedback.

As already stated above, the Early Access will not be the final version, and it will not be for the squeamish. So you might encounter a lot of bugs! Actually, we’d appreciate it very much, if you let us know about issues you find while playing. This is why we’ll create an exclusive bug report forum, in which you’ll also find a “How-To” as well as "Known Issues" as stickies.

When logging into the private bug forum (only for Early Access players accessible from Monday evening), you’ll receive the Ultimate Adventurer Badge on your forums profile (which will be displayed in the whole Might & Magic Ubisoft forums whenever you are writing posts), as you can see in the below example from the Ubisoft forums administrator:

MMXbadge.jpg

We kind of love it – what do you think? :)

Also, there will be another forum for general discussion about the Early Access Version. Everybody will be able to read it, but only Early Access players will be able to write in it. So we’d also love to receive your general feedback on the game, of course!

Some details from us about what we’d like to know from you, what we’re aware of and what will still be fixed + what is actually already set into stone:

WHAT WE’RE AWARE OF:

We obviously have some topics in mind, we are either not yet satisfied with or features which are simply not yet implemented as the version will still be WIP (work in progress):

- The game FPS performance is not as good as it could be.

- The implementation of what we call "interactions". We have not yet implemented all the interactions we have in mind. We are lacking the small interactions granting you an attribute point, healing your party, increasing your resistance, etc.

- While we are still working on animations of some 3D models we will not finalize all of it for Early Access. To put it simple: Some animations could be better – it’s just a matter of time.

- Balancing remains still WIP.

WHAT WE’D LIKE TO KNOW FROM YOU / WE ARE LOOKING FOR:

Foremost we’d love to receive feedback on the general game flow, the balancing, the progress and the difficulty. This includes topics like: monster placement, character and combat values, signs & feedback, obvious over- or underpowered abilities/spells/skills/monsters.

Feedback about the playtime it takes an average gamer to play ACT ONE. What went well in ACT ONE in terms of immersion and what went wrong. For instance maybe the Lighthouse is great as it is but the Den of Thieves feels "boring".

Advice and suggestions on improvements based on our game´s ingredients and mechanics and last but not least, obviously bugs, which you will be able to submit here from Monday evening on.

WHAT WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN:

The main story and the general basic game design mechanics of the game, as described in our official game FAQ are set into stone, like:

- MMX takes place in Ashan

- MMX is mainly based upon Might & Magic IV-V

- MMX is a party-based game with 4 adventurers

- MMX has turn and tile based movement

- The grid in MMX consists of square tiles

- MMX reuses (and reworks) some of the already existing assets made available to the team by Ubisoft

So the following examples are not really helpful to us:

- Visual feedback like "It doesn´t look like Skyrim"

- I want free movement, I want ArcoMage, I want real-time combat, I want to fly, I want Sci-fi, etc.

Also, there are other features, which have to be balanced not only within the game but as well against development time and budget constraints.

WHAT WE CAN PROMISE THOUGH IS THAT WE WILL READ AND DISCUSS FEEDBACKS.
PLAYER FEEDBACK IS INSPIRING, CHALLENGING AND CRUCIAL.

Also, we are 100% aware that we cannot and will not please everyone with MMX.

As you might know, the Might & Magic series started in 1986, and spawned nine games with different gameplays. As a result there are at least three generations of fans, with a different opinion on what is a "true Might & Magic game". So we knew, doing MMX and going for the World of Xeen tile-based gameplay, we would necessarily appeal more to some fans than others.

However knowing all that, our goal is still to propose the best possible game, which can be enjoyed by all Might & Magic fans. So just give it a try!

FROM NOW UNTIL FINAL RELEASE

The game is planned to be released in Early 2014. So the time between Early Access and the full game release will be used to integrate your feedback and produce content for Act 2, 3 and 4, to work on the modding possibilities for the community as well as to polish and fix game bugs.

We’ve discussed this release goal quite a lot but in the end we all think that it is better to release a more bug fixed and polished game a little later, than rushing the release now and maybe even disappoint you guys with a buggy game and no time to work in your feedback.

So from now on, we’ll not only check the blog and all the forums, but we’ll be actively looking into the exclusive Early Access boards and we might even ask for feedback on certain topics there, too.

During the time between Pre-Release (Act 1) and official game release we’ll do our best to release several patches including new content and community feedback (i.e. balancing, bug fixes), of course.

So at this point we want to give a huge thank you to all of you who already supported us with feedback (and another big thank you in advance to all who will help us in the future). Your feedback is very valuable to us! Although we simply can’t fulfill all of your wishes, we always consider your input thoroughly.

Early 2014 release date confirmed.

narupley

Scholar
I like the dungeon layouts, but the attached notes are really turning me off. I probably shouldn't pay too much attention to that as I'm sure Limbic will all but rewrite everything anyway, but still:

"6" The Library : 3 Ghosts as Monsters, and a book that explains that the queen built her palace in an old Shantiri ruin. (explaining the tileset)

How convenient.

Riddle A (important one for theme of dungeon):
What is in the hearts of destroyed lovers?
-Frost & Shade (correct answer)
-Might & Magic
-Good & Evil
-The Past & the Future

Ugh, just... ugh.

narupley

Scholar
LE-Larissa said:
Please note that the Deluxe box edition is only included in this pack if you purchase via Uplay and available in all countries except the US because of constraints, we are not able to influence.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
LE-Larissa said:
Please note that the Deluxe box edition is only included in this pack if you purchase via Uplay and available in all countries except the US because of constraints, we are not able to influence.

Yeah, sucks to be :patriot: for once. We've known about this since Friday.

Oh wait, that's gonna be a problem for @mindx2. :( He'll have to get somebody from another country to buy it for him.

narupley

Scholar
LE-Larissa said:

Oh wait, that's gonna be a problem for @mindx2. :( He'll have to get somebody from another country to buy it for him.

I would assume that people in the US can still buy the deluxe box edition from Uplay, but will have to ship the box/map/artwork somewhere else. Anyone want to be a bro and help relay the boxed edition to me?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
I would assume that people in the US can still buy the deluxe box edition from Uplay, but will have to ship the box/map/artwork somewhere else. Anyone want to be a bro and help relay the boxed edition to me?

A Canadian would be the best option.

Of course, this might be a temporary thing. Wouldn't surprise me if they eventually open it up to the US as well.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
LE-Larissa said:

WHAT?!!!!

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

What the...?! Can someone please explain to me what these "constraints" are? I hope one of my Codex Bros will be able to help me out with this. I need my boxed copy!!!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
You talk as if he wouldn't have both for maximum harvesting :M

No wonder you're #2, much to learn you still have.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom