Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

WarHamster

Augur
Patron
Ooh, my precioussss! Watched only about a minute before stopping, to not spoil too much, as I'm convinced enough to get this as soon as I get home from work. (Only nitpick: Those jumping damage numbers have to go. Just make it a splash and fade out, no jumping around the screen, plz.)

Morphi

Augur
Ooh, my precioussss! Watched only about a minute before stopping, to not spoil too much, as I'm convinced enough to get this as soon as I get home from work. (Only nitpick: Those jumping damage numbers have to go. Just make it a splash and fade out, no jumping around the screen, plz.)

Maybe it's a indication who dealt that damage which cold be helpful. (the numbers "jump")

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To this day I think it's pretty surreal to see Ubisoft publish something like this. I just hope the sales are good enough to make this kind of niche titles possible from big publishers in the future, too.

The only thing I'm really disappointed with is Ubisoft's policy of putting Uplay on top of everything, even Steam. One would think they might reconsider their policy in case of M&M X, at least, given how wary of DRM oldschool gamers generally are... But no, corporate policy!! I hope that doesn't influence the sales too much.

(In fact, just between us Codexers, I'd encourage people wary of Uplay to buy it and just, you know, not remove it from the inventory as well, just so this kind of games keeps on being developed.)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like how the party almost got killed by the spider boss, although I'm not sure I like how easy it is to drink potions in combat. They should be less powerful IMO; at this point they can bring the mage up to full health with one gulp. Also the movement speed is p. decent. Not pre-MM6 level fast, but still there seems to be little delay when moving between tiles.

That mage had like 4 vitality, she was down to that health like in two shots so i think she got very small hp pool. But yeah, potions seem a bit too powerfull and them arachnids drops antidotes very generously.

But my only real problem in that video is party recovering fully on level up...

Edit: Yeah Ubisoft must have some secret agenda behind this game! I'm still surprised about MMX
BTW they dropped Uplays hell like online DRM. You only need to activate it once online and then you can continue playing while uplay is offline. But it is pretty bullsiht that you still need uplay even you got it from steam...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Looks grrrrrrreeeat from the little I just watched. Will watch the rest later. Ta-ding was nostalgia indeed :love:

However, the walking speed is completely like that thing Grunker was talking about indeed. I am greatly looking forward to saying "I told you so" when the game is released :smug:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not watching that because I look forward to playing it myself, but judging from what I've read in our upcoming preview, this game is going to be pretty good. :)

I just hope they don't forget about puzzles and riddles 'cause that shit is an integral part of any Might and Magic game.

There's nothing really spoileriffic in the video, the guy just immediately dives into a well in town which leads to a dungeon area full of nasty spiders. Suck it, arachnophobes!

How good that I am only an arachnophobe in real life, in PC games spiders are fine. :P

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Lvl 1 characters with over 50 hp, 'minor' healing potions that restore 75 hp, and poisonous giant spiders that drop antidotes like vending machines?

This looks suspiciously streamlined :rpgcodex:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lvl 1 characters with over 50 hp, 'minor' healing potions that restore 75 hp, and poisonous giant spiders that drop antidotes like vending machines?

Well: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/5210d933e754b6d256000005

- Balancing remains still WIP.
Foremost we’d love to receive feedback on the general game flow, the balancing, the progress and the difficulty. This includes topics like: monster placement, character and combat values, signs & feedback, obvious over- or underpowered abilities/spells/skills/monsters.

Complain, and they'll change it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Does this really matter? These are just numbers. A lvl1 char can have 50 hps, because they also receive a lot of damage, as we seen from the spiders. At level 50, maybe they will have 2000 hps. Minor healing potins healing the party fully at lower levels is common in RPGs. Think about Baldur's gate where the minor health potions healed up lvl 1 characters. Then later they healed jack shit.

Zeriel

Arcane
That video--I didn't ask for this, but my expectations just got augmented. Shit looks tight.

One thing: I hope they opt for a lot of options, no delay movement animations and ability to turn off stuff like glowing outlines on monsters would make this automatic GOTY for me.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lvl 1 characters with over 50 hp, 'minor' healing potions that restore 75 hp

My Sorceress without Alchemy skill made the lowest red potions possible and those healed anyone except my Knight fully in my current playthrough of M&M6 until level 7 or 8 or something as far as I recall.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yep, alchemy was hella overpowered in previous M&M games. If anything, the fact it's not a skill we can use to game our characters and become demigods almost certainly makes it less powerful in MM X.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I never used it in 6 or 7 (don't recall if I did in 8) because I didn't want to game black potions.

Branm

Learned
Wow this looks ace!!!

Anyone when around what time it should get released on steam?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game looks superb according to the video. I only have 2 caviats. One, roaming in the cities with tile based movement is slow and tedious. I'd be much happier if tile based movement with turn based combat would only kick in when you are in a fight. In other parts, it would be free roaming. The other, there are some useless flashy UI animations I don't like. Oh, and I hope there will be one liner VOs to the NPCs.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Does this really matter?

The numbers are negotiable, but poisonous spiders dropping antidotes en masse - yes, it matters. In previous M&Ms if you were up against areas full of enemies inflicting specific conditions, you were very much required to either have the specific cure spell or clench your teeth and save resources like crazy - a dungeon full of poisonous stuff and you have only 6 cure poison potions? Well, better man the fuck up and go through it poisoned from start to end and use the potions only when you are done, sissy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Does this really matter?

The numbers are negotiable, but poisonous spiders dropping antidotes en masse - yes, it matters. In previous M&Ms if you were up against areas full of enemies inflicting specific conditions, you were very much required to either have the specific cure spell or clench your teeth and save resources like crazy - a dungeon full of poisonous stuff and you have only 6 cure poison potions? Well, better man the fuck up and go through it poisoned from start to end and use the potions only when you are done, sissy...

...or go back to town, get healed for almost nothing by a cleric, go back to the dungeon, fight some more, rinse and repeat ;)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Does this really matter?

The numbers are negotiable, but poisonous spiders dropping antidotes en masse - yes, it matters. In previous M&Ms if you were up against areas full of enemies inflicting specific conditions, you were very much required to either have the specific cure spell or clench your teeth and save resources like crazy - a dungeon full of poisonous stuff and you have only 6 cure poison potions? Well, better man the fuck up and go through it poisoned from start to end and use the potions only when you are done, sissy.
That's true. Why would a spider drop antidotes anyway? They should drop venom, from which the characters could make antidotes.

Does this really matter?

The numbers are negotiable, but poisonous spiders dropping antidotes en masse - yes, it matters. In previous M&Ms if you were up against areas full of enemies inflicting specific conditions, you were very much required to either have the specific cure spell or clench your teeth and save resources like crazy - a dungeon full of poisonous stuff and you have only 6 cure poison potions? Well, better man the fuck up and go through it poisoned from start to end and use the potions only when you are done, sissy...

...or go back to town, get healed for almost nothing by a cleric, go back to the dungeon, fight some more, rinse and repeat ;)
Well that's a possibility, but without town portal, going back to the town from the middle of a dungeon is a hassle.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member

Which is an added annoyance that stops you from doing that all the time (unless you are a sperg), especially if said dungeon is on the other side of the map.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom