Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
LOL, I just noticed that the video preview shows a guy using his crossbow as a pogo stick at around 11:55 :lol: Cute.

EDIT: Deutsch preview

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
...or go back to town, get healed for almost nothing by a cleric, go back to the dungeon, fight some more, rinse and repeat ;)

Which is an added annoyance that stops you from doing that all the time (unless you are a sperg), especially if said dungeon is on the other side of the map.

I agree with the fundamentals of what you're talking about, but M&M games always had spells that allowed you to do this to the point of abuse. Say, Lloyd's Beacon. That said, this is in the alpha/early beta balancing stages. So if everyone hates that many antidotes there, it'll change. Unfortunately, my guess is most casuals will love them, and we'll be stuck with shit like that. This is why "Open Dev" is poison--we can only hope the developers care more about their own opinions than that of their customers.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
...or go back to town, get healed for almost nothing by a cleric, go back to the dungeon, fight some more, rinse and repeat ;)

Which is an added annoyance that stops you from doing that all the time (unless you are a sperg), especially if said dungeon is on the other side of the map.

I agree with the fundamentals of what you're talking about, but M&M games always had spells that allowed you to do this to the point of abuse. Say, Lloyd's Beacon. That said, this is in the alpha/early beta balancing stages. So if everyone hates that many antidotes there, it'll change. Unfortunately, my guess is most casuals will love them, and we'll be stuck with shit like that. This is why "Open Dev" is poison--we can only hope the developers care more about their own opinions than that of their customers.

I do not believe there will be many "casuals" participating in the open development of this game. There might very well be less of them than you'd see in a Kickstarter, even.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So... so this this gorgeous thing of a game is being developed in 2013? And published by Ubishit of all people? When did we switch realities? Has all the kickstarter-born incline reached critical mass needed to steer the big publishers towards incline too?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
We don't and won't know, but my guess is this is them testin' the waters. Kickstarter as a phenomenon has not gone by unnoticed, and Ubisoft has always made a few kind-of-nicheish games.

Rather that take risks, they do these kinds of things with low budget and low profit. For this to become something we'll see more major studios do, the game has to exceed expectations, I'd think.

Visbhume

Prophet
Love the day/night cycle. I hope it influences the gameplay. Certain enemies only appearing by night, and things like that.

Last edited:

Dantus12

Educated
Love the day/night cycle. I hope it influences the gameplay. Certain enemies only appearing by night, and things like that.

According to German Chip Powerplay the game time passes when the party moves, so this is part of the day-night cycle, but if the party is to long on the road
then their abilities and skill values decrease. So they are sent to at a safe place via a rest button to sleep.
---------------------------

Zeriel

Arcane
Wow, some of those screenshots are really, really pretty. I'll be surprised if this thing doesn't do at least Legend of Grimrock numbers, could see it blowing up on Steam if Uplay doesn't end up killing everyone's boner.

likaq

Arcane
Minimum:
OS: Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 (all 32/64 bits versions)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ @ 2.7 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD3870 (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0 or higher)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Additional Notes: Using the Minimum Configuration, we strongly recommend to use minimal settings in order to not experience low framerate. Please also note that the minimum and recommended settings could evolve during the game development.

Recommended:
OS: Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 (all 32/64 bits versions)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4 GHz or AMD Phenom x4 @ 2.3 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX260 or AMD Radeon HD6870 (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Additional Notes: Please note that the minimum and recommended settings could evolve during the game

Core 2 Duo @ 2.6 GHz as minimum?
Quad core as optimum?
4-6 GB RAM?
Powerful gfx cards needed?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Branm

Learned
Hmm, steam doesn't even download any files...just gives you play button right away....which then gives an error seeing there are no files to execute :P

LOL did they forget to upload the game to steam...

narupley

Scholar
Hmm, steam doesn't even download any files...just gives you play button right away....which then gives an error seeing there are no files to execute :P

LOL did they forget to upload the game to steam...

Nope works for me... mine's almost done downloading.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there a UPlay link? Went on their site but don't see it listed. Trying to find out about the boxed copy...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom