Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

narupley

Scholar
Is there a UPlay link? Went on their site but don't see it listed. Trying to find out about the boxed copy...

There might be a link to the specific game in the Uplay shop, but in any case their servers are completely AWOL and have been for hours. It's either, play it on Steam, or wait an indeterminate amount of time for Ubisoft to get their shit together.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
And I still say the way this game looks/plays/sounds is suspicious as fuck.

I am fully expecting it to suddenly transform into a TPP shooter after some 2 or so hours of play.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I am fully expecting it to be very easy and generally watered down

How so? Might and Magic titles have never been known for their difficulty...
Might and Magic games aren't ultra hard but don't play themselves either, the difference is that if you're having a hard time you can go somewhere else where it's easier and get stronger. I doubt you'll ever have much of a challenge on this one.

About being watered down, at the core it might play much like what they propose (3-5) but without the distinct variety and tight design that made them fun. (Not to mention the art)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I doubt you'll ever have much of a challenge on this one.

Well, they're promising an open world with no level scaling after the first chapter, where dangerous areas might kick your ass. In the video we saw, the party got its ass kicked pretty well by the spider queen, and that was the very first boss in the game.

Branm

Learned
So is it playable on Steam yet?

We need a volunteer.
Come on, @narupley, status report. :P

Guinea Pig reporting in...It's working :P Uplay pretty intrusive tho....

Intrusive how? During the game?

Well.. I was under the impression that I would only need to launch the uplay client once to activate. But it seems it needs to luanch whenever I launch the game. Thus I need to have both steam and uplay open

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom