Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

narupley

Scholar
There's a noticeable and annoying lag between pressing a movement button and the movement actually happening.

That may have to do with your performance issues. @Branm, do you have the same problems?

Yeah... I'm on a very similar machine (i7, 12gb am, gtx 675) getting 25 FPS at opening scene in town.

Movement is fine for me though, considered the type of game 25 fps not that bad tbh. Not like its a fps and I'm sure it will be optimized.

BTW thats with everything maxed. What sort of fps are you getting naruplev?

At 1920x1080 with everything maxed, I was getting around 5-6 FPS. This same machine plays WoW/Skyrim/Crysis/etc. with full, ultra settings and no issues.

I reduced the resolution to 1600x900 and all settings to the absolute lowest, and I got a playable 22 FPS. But then the opening town look like this:

sno.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At first i thought it was free roam like the older M&M. But just watched a gameplay video, and it is in the style of Legend of Grimrock. Which is acceptable too
Not sure if this guy is an idiot who considers MM6+ to be "the older M&M" or is it really linear like Grimrock?

It is relatively linear, because the first chapter/area of the game will be more linear. It's only supposed to really open up after that. Unfortunately, we won't know for sure until the final game is released because the Early Access version contains only the first chapter.

However, yeah, I think this guy is probably talking about "free roam" ala MM6.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
When was the last time you tried uplay? Because unless you and me use a different uplay, it is nothing like that.

Pretty much. The fact Uplay's installation is mandatory annoys me to no end, but admittedly, it's a rather lightweight, functional client with a reliable offline mode (which is something Valve has been struggling to implement since 2003). Unnecessary? Absolutely. A deal breaker? Of course not.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/787072-suggestions-so-far?s=b6e3ad873aaee1da9bb5a47142ebf845

Some better representation of buffs and debuffs for my characters. I would like to see that on the screen with tooltips that explain what each does. When I did the first quest in this sewer (by going down the well) I felt like the combat was very confusing and things were happening to my characters that I didn't understand. Two of my characters died and i'm not entirely sure I understand why. One of them went from full health to no health at all and that might have been a bug.

The difficulty of the game right now too seems pretty out of whack. The spiders poison pretty often and the damage it does is brutal. As it is right now, stock up on antidotes and prepare to use them often for the first dungeon you do.

I guess there are SOME casuals. :codexisfor:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
An hour in. Runs out smoothly on max settings (but my GTX570's fan is screaming for some reason, even though the game doesn't seem to have much at all going on in it), combat is surprisingly fluid (at least early on). All I have to complain so far is something as petty as trading -- no way of viewing my characters and their skills and equipement (at least I didn't find a button to do so) to compare with what I'm supposed to be buying (if anything) and for whom.

U-play+Steam double client is a bitch when needing to log in for both, and U-play seems to be constantly updating itself.

narupley

Scholar
An hour in. Runs out smoothly on max settings (but my GTX570's fan is screaming for some reason, even though the game doesn't seem to have much at all going on in it), combat is surprisingly fluid (at least early on). All I have to complain so far is something as petty as trading -- no way of viewing my characters and their skills and equipement (at least I didn't find a button to do so) to compare with what I'm supposed to be buying (if anything) and for whom.

U-play+Steam double client is a bitch when needing to log in for both, and U-play seems to be constantly updating itself.

My horrible FPS experience has got to be just me... at least I hope so. Will do some more digging to find out what's going on...

Zeriel

Arcane
I play Duel of Champions every day, and it doesn't have Uplay running ever, so I'm not sure what to say about that.

LeJosh

Savant

My horrible FPS experience has got to be just me... at least I hope so. Will do some more digging to find out what's going on...

Shot in the dark but is Hyper-threading on?

Zeriel

Arcane
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/787072-suggestions-so-far?s=b6e3ad873aaee1da9bb5a47142ebf845

Some better representation of buffs and debuffs for my characters. I would like to see that on the screen with tooltips that explain what each does. When I did the first quest in this sewer (by going down the well) I felt like the combat was very confusing and things were happening to my characters that I didn't understand. Two of my characters died and i'm not entirely sure I understand why. One of them went from full health to no health at all and that might have been a bug.

The difficulty of the game right now too seems pretty out of whack. The spiders poison pretty often and the damage it does is brutal. As it is right now, stock up on antidotes and prepare to use them often for the first dungeon you do.

I guess there are SOME casuals. :codexisfor:

And you dared question my pessimism. I always assume these people are in the majority. The best you can hope for is that they are a silent majority.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Can some bitch fucker spill the skank on char gen? You get 2 skills from class, and 2 freebies. What list do these freebies come from? Can any class choose any skill for their freebie?

Are there skills that allow you to do special things, kind of like feats/talents from other rpgs? Like a special 'mighty blow', or something like that?

Branm

Learned

I Don't think it is, there appears to be a memory leak. I went from an average of ~25 FPS to like 8 FPS in about 30 minutes at which point i restarted. Now back to ~25 ish.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And you dared question my pessimism. I always assume these people are in the majority. The best you can hope for is that they are a silent majority.

They should made casual auto combat mode for these whiners. And enhance the challenge on all other difficulty levels for normal gamers.

Branm

Learned
Can some bitch fucker spill the skank on char gen? You get 2 skills from class, and 2 freebies. What list do these freebies come from? Can any class choose any skill for their freebie?

Are there skills that allow you to do special things, kind of like feats/talents from other rpgs? Like a special 'mighty blow', or something like that?

Yes, there is a taunt like option for the guardian (whatever the dwarf gets) so special skills in. In this case the skill reads attacking target will force it to attack you next round.

As for as classes choosing any skill, no you are restricted to what I assume are that classes allowed skills. I'll use the guardian as example again and he for instance can only pick from one magic school which is fire.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I guess it was no surprise that the game will be a messy resource hog. Same holds true for both HoMM 5 and 6. Good luck waiting for your turn with max bots and extra large map.

narupley

Scholar
Okay I figured it out. So the NVIDIA card I have uses "Optimus", which is designed to use your machine's integrated graphics card for most things, and then the NVIDIA GPU will kick in for more expensive operations. I'm not sure why, but when I navigated to the actual "Might and Magic X Legacy.exe" executable, it was set to use the integrated Intel HD 4000 by default. All other applications I've installed via Steam have done it correctly, but this one didn't for whatever reason (I wouldn't be surprised if Uplay was a factor). So anyway, after changing that in the NVIDIA control panel, I'm now getting around 25 FPS on 1920x1080 with all max settings. After reducing the resolution to 1600x900 and taking each graphics setting down a couple of notches, I'm sitting at an okay 45 FPS (it does peak at around 60 when I stand still, but quickly goes down to the 40s or even 30s when I move around).

Now, those findings still suck. But at least it's playable, and Limbic is aware that it currently sucks.

narupley

Scholar

I Don't think it is, there appears to be a memory leak. I went from an average of ~25 FPS to like 8 FPS in about 30 minutes at which point i restarted. Now back to ~25 ish.

If you can consistently reproduce that, you should open a bug report for it: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/511-Might-amp-Magic-X-Legacy-Early-Access-Technical-Feedback

Branm

Learned
Uh yes they do. At least for major releases.

Real major releases yes, but the vast majoity of games are lucky if they get more then 1 or 2 updates cracked. Once again it depends on the group and the demand. Either way you will never get the patches anywhere close to 0-day. These days it usually involves quite the wait.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a UPlay link? Went on their site but don't see it listed. Trying to find out about the boxed copy...

Could'nt find on uplay either, ushop on uplay is not avaiable and game not appears on main sites shopping tab...

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE/pd/productID.285838300

Meh €30 on Uplay, $30 on Steam. But if I get it from steam need both shitty programs to run...............

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Is there a UPlay link? Went on their site but don't see it listed. Trying to find out about the boxed copy...

Could'nt find on uplay either, ushop on uplay is not avaiable and game not appears on main sites shopping tab...

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE/pd/productID.285838300

Meh €30 on Uplay, $30 on Steam. But if I get it from steam need both shitty programs to run...............

Try closing Steam and running the game's executable directly from its directory. What happens?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom