Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll try something :)

Edit:
Meh 4,5 GB. Thatll take some time. Going to try my spells eraly in the morning then.

Branm

Learned
Is there a UPlay link? Went on their site but don't see it listed. Trying to find out about the boxed copy...

Could'nt find on uplay either, ushop on uplay is not avaiable and game not appears on main sites shopping tab...

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE/pd/productID.285838300

Meh €30 on Uplay, $30 on Steam. But if I get it from steam need both shitty programs to run...............

Try closing Steam and running the game's executable directly from its directory. What happens?

Launches uplay then you press play and it launches steam :P

Better off buying from steam, just to teach these faggots that one digital distribution platform is enough.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Regarding skills, then some of them open up for new powers when you stuff enough points into them. You will see this as soon as you have to use the first ones after the first 8-legged boss.

It runs smoothly on my rig, though I wish it was possible to walk a bit faster, since they are usng tile-based. :/

Regarding U-play and laptops, you are sorta screwed there. They have officially stated to a compadre of mine that they do not support laptops/integrated gfx cards, if it doesnt work as it should. He almost tossed his laptop into orbit hoping to crush their brains after that reply.

Anyways, all in all, it really seems to deliver a nice M&M feel to me so far! :greatjob:

Zeriel

Arcane
Make it perfrect!
Change this grid system! After finished a dungeon I dont want to return all way one by one. Its a waste of time. Pls put teleport or somethink like that. And when we atacking to monsters Im feeling like Im playing m&m 4 so add more actions and effects. On map system add some shortcuts for travel to shops. And you guys can add one more attribute like luck for find items or you can add this option to perception..

:lol:

Oh god, it's heavan. I have found my new past-time: reading Steam forums.

Branm

Learned
An hour in. Runs out smoothly on max settings (but my GTX570's fan is screaming for some reason, even though the game doesn't seem to have much at all going on in it), combat is surprisingly fluid (at least early on). All I have to complain so far is something as petty as trading -- no way of viewing my characters and their skills and equipement (at least I didn't find a button to do so) to compare with what I'm supposed to be buying (if anything) and for whom.

U-play+Steam double client is a bitch when needing to log in for both, and U-play seems to be constantly updating itself.

My horrible FPS experience has got to be just me... at least I hope so. Will do some more digging to find out what's going on...

I Don't think it is, there appears to be a memory leak. I went from an average of ~25 FPS to like 8 FPS in about 30 minutes at which point i restarted. Now back to ~25 ish.

If you can consistently reproduce that, you should open a bug report for it: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/511-Might-amp-Magic-X-Legacy-Early-Access-Technical-Feedback

Ohhh I can reproduce. I just cant post at those forums....Whenever I hit login or register i get a 404 access deneid - no credentials to view directory....

I guess they must save the IP's of former employees to stop them from posting on their forums lol

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Let me ask you bros, is it possible for a USA Codexer to buy a game on Steam, and gift it to pretty poor Easter Europen me? And I could pay him the 30 bucks on paypal. I could get the game that way for 30 dollars, instead of 30 euros.

Stabwound

Arcane
Make it perfrect!
Change this grid system! After finished a dungeon I dont want to return all way one by one. Its a waste of time. Pls put teleport or somethink like that. And when we atacking to monsters Im feeling like Im playing m&m 4 so add more actions and effects. On map system add some shortcuts for travel to shops. And you guys can add one more attribute like luck for find items or you can add this option to perception..
God forbid you have to find your way out of dungeons. Everything should be like Skyrim, where every dungeon end conveniently has a locked door that leads you back to the entrance. :roll:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Let me ask you bros, is it possible for a USA Codexer to buy a game on Steam, and gift it to pretty poor Easter Europen me? And I could pay him the 30 bucks on paypal. I could get the game that way for 30 dollars, instead of 30 euros.

I guess that's a step up from just flat out begging for the game for free. You should demand a review copy.

narupley

Scholar

That clearly goes against Valve's Steam Subscriber Agreement, and is an outright egregious thing to request on these pristine forums. How dare you, I would never comply with such an unauthorized action!

...check your PM

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I guess that's a step up from just flat out begging for the game for free. You should demand a review copy.
Eh, the Larian guys were bros, they gave me a review copy, but I can't imagine that the mighty Ubisoft will give one for our little hungarian site.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Eh, the Larian guys were bros, they gave me a review copy, but I can't imagine that the mighty Ubisoft will give one for our little hungarian site.

Hmmm, Matt should do an episode on MMX. Maybe he could even grab Pirou for an interview. Make it happen!

Make it perfrect!
God forbid you have to find your way out of dungeons. Everything should be like Skyrim, where every dungeon end conveniently has a locked door that leads you back to the entrance. :roll:

Tbh walking through an empty dungeon is neither challenging nor interesting. If you don't have to worry about fighting your way out, Skyrim's little shortcuts are welcome.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I can't imagine them raising the price to $40 when it's out of 'Early Access' -- but it is Ubisoft so I wouldn't put anything past them.

narupley

Scholar
Make it perfrect!

Tbh walking through an empty dungeon is neither challenging nor interesting. If you don't have to worry about fighting your way out, Skyrim's little shortcuts are welcome.

Still better than teleporters or convenient return passages (which kinda ruin it for me, makes me feel like I did all that work for nothing). Plus, whatever happened to having to fight your way in and out of a dungeon, à la Snergle?

Stabwound

Arcane
The loop around exits to the beginning of the dungeon in every single Skyrim dungeon were ridiculous to me. It made it feel cheap and artificial, like you're just going through a little on-rails rollercoaster ride where you end off where you began.

Does MMX have Lloyd's Beacon? It better, and if it does, that's a much better solution that artificial teleporters or magical doors to the beginning of the dungeon.

Zeriel

Arcane
Make it perfrect!

Still better than teleporters or convenient return passages (which kinda ruin it for me, makes me feel like I did all that work for nothing). Plus, whatever happened to having to fight your way in and out of a dungeon, à la Snergle?

That, and grid-based SHOULD be way quicker than Skyrim and an unlimited amount of teleporters ever could be. Demise is a great example of grid-based done well, where you can cover 10 tiles in 1 second, and I really wish M&M X was like this. I am desperately hoping there is no coding limitation behind this and they will implement a no-delay option, otherwise this shit could turn into tedium in a hurry.

Stabwound

Arcane
Okay, then this arguement is completely moot. Lloyd's Beacon (or whatever it's called in this game) means there is no need to artificial teleporters or whatnot. Set your own mark and recall out of the dungeon yourself. It's a much more satisfying and sensible solution, anyway. What's this dude even whining about?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom