Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

garren

Arcane
Patron
Anyone wouldn't happen to have shitloads (~200) of wool that I could use for my next project? I can give gold or iron in exchange.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I beg the differ, if you got a bunch of wolves with ya exploring mines they are terrific at killing mobs.

also...GET TO WORK MUTY!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have an hour before my next class and I want to play Minecraft dammit.

Now that I've been introduced to multiplayer servers I don't want to go back to single player.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Achuvments! :bounce:

Oh and screw the wolves, the only thing you need for cave exploring is a bucket of lava.

BURN MOTHERFUCKERS! :x

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
It's always a good idea to carry a bucket of water as well - get past lava lakes fast as well as extinquish yourself quickly if you get burned.

deus101

Also...fucking to the asshole that put lava pits in their houses without railings!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Ah yes, has anyone played with the map seed system? I wonder if it's possible to generate a world that consists solely of desert or glacial biome? The regular woodland maps are just too easy to get started with - of course for ultimate challenge I'd have to have an Underdark world with a bedrock ceiling and no sunlight whatsoever, but that'd probably require some external program to generate.

deus101

If you want an underdark like city you should do some decorating under the spawn...tons of tunnels.

Topher

Cipher
Turisas said:
Ah yes, has anyone played with the map seed system? I wonder if it's possible to generate a world that consists solely of desert or glacial biome? The regular woodland maps are just too easy to get started with - of course for ultimate challenge I'd have to have an Underdark world with a bedrock ceiling and no sunlight whatsoever, but that'd probably require some external program to generate.

I really wish that it was but I've never seen any way to do it.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Ok there is still no working version of bukkit and from what I read 1.5 is bugged as hell.
Server is still running with 1.4 if someone didn't update and wants to join.

Some bad news , the map was corrupted to the point that the server didn't wanted to start at all
and some very good news, an uber awesome guy wrote a python script that detects bad chunks in the world and automatically restores them from the backups
:yeah:
no more complete rollbacks.
Here's the link if someone else needs it:
https://github.com/Fenixin/Minecraft-Region-Fixer

The script found 2 bad chunks out of 63 and it restored them from yesterday's backup. No idea where the fucked up chunks were tho.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
deus101 said:
what scope is one "chunk"?

Not that big, 16x16 wide and long (including everything within that space, from air all the way down to bedrock of course).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Is it actually possible to stop MineCraft from automatically updating when you load it?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
If you play only SP, it's easy - just enter a bad login or add minecraft.net to hosts file etc. However, if you want to play online you need to backup the files, let the game update and then revert every file except 'version' in the bin folder. As long as that is of the latest version, the launcher won't try to update the game.

Notch was meant to add a confirmation screen asking whether you want to update or not, but who knows what happened to that.

Multi-headed Cow

It asks you, if you're using the new launcher. Then again I've never told it NOT to update so I don't know if saying no really stops it or not.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
:rage:

Fucking mods fucking not updating fucking Minecraft fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuck

deus101

theybestealinmybucketseij5.jpg

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
MessiahMan said:
Interested in seeing what you wierdos are doing with all your free time. My username is the_messiahman. Add me!

Just in case you fellers missed it the last page 'round (this thread moved fast) here's a repost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom