Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mobile rpgs

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I was just playing BG the other day on mobile. Seemed okay and works fine with touchscreen. I didn’t have time to get too far into it, mind you, but what I played worked as you would expect.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can anyone recommend a few blobbers for android, preferably without fancy graphics as I got an older smartphone.
I tried googling and only found 7 mages which does not support my phone :(

Doktor Best

Arcane
Can anyone recommend a few blobbers for android, preferably without fancy graphics as I got an older smartphone.

Download an SNES emulator and play Might and Magic 2+3 or Wizardry 1-5.

ArchAngel

Arcane

How do you get those games to work on android? You just copy them from somewhere and try to run them with that android app? Which emulator app would you suggest?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Retroarch is usually best for any and all emulation, on any platform. Yes, you just download the ROMs and run them.

Doktor Best

Arcane

How do you get those games to work on android? You just copy them from somewhere and try to run them with that android app? Which emulator app would you suggest?

There are various snes emulators available on the google playstore. I got the John SNES for example, which has a nice and customizable control scheme. There is a free version of it (which has some commercial popups from time to time) and i think the version without popups goes for 3 bucks or something.

Then you just download roms for the snes games you want to play and load them into the emulator, its a really simple process.

Now since Nintendo are a bunch of giant dickbags and forced emuparadise to close down, finding those roms is a little more hassle now.

https://vimm.net/vault/?p=list&system=SNES&search=wizardry&submitButton=Go

Here is a link to Wizardry 5 for example. You can just google the game you want and you will find roms on various sites, just do a malware check on them before you run them.

edit: DISCLAIMER IF THE FBI IS READING THIS IT IS ONLY LEGAL TO USE EMULATED ROMS IF YOU OWN AN ORIGINAL COPY OF THE GAME SO DONT JUST PIRATE THE GAMES GUYSE ITS REALLY REALLY WRONG

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
ArchAngel

if there is a PSP emulator for Android (and i'm sure there is one) then you can add Elminage: original to your list of mobile blobbers. English-language version of elminage: Gothic is only on PC though, so you'll only be able to play E: Original on mobile.

EDIT: whether your old phone can run the PSP emu is another matter, however elminage games are extremely light and don't feature pesky things like animations, sooo... it will probably run just fine. This kind of game will run on a toaster, so as long as the PSP emu actually boots for you and all that then it's basically guaranteed to run.

EDIT 2x: all console emulators are available on the google playstore and require minimal configuration since they know their target audience (mobile users) are retards. They (usually) offer a freeware version that will spam banner ads or whatever or restrict your options for configuring the button-layouts, and then a $3 to $5 dollar paid version that won't have ads and offer full options.

Obviously I recommend illegally downloading the cracked .apk's of these emulators instead of using the ad-sponsored freeware versions.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
OK, disclaimer: My friend is making this. He's previously made and published his own proper tabletop RPG system, then he worked on Mafia II as a level designer, then he released "Hero of Many" on mobile/PC, then he made an interactive date movie (kind of like Super Seducer, but actually good and funny) and then he made "Hackers" on mobile.

MONOLISK

Raid a gazillion handcrafted dungeons, collect loot and creature cards
and build your own dungeons for others!

• Clear heaps of dungeons in an online hack 'n' slash RPG
  • Collect cards with equipment, abilities, creatures and environments
  • Customize your 5 heroes with various playstyles
  • Design unique levels for your friends and followers
  • Tell your own stories
  • Craft new cards and expand your collection
  • Help others rebuild the shattered world of MONOLISK

I've played a bit of it in Alpha and it looked like it had potential.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom