Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mobile rpgs

Mustawd

OK, disclaimer: My friend is making this. He's previously made and published his own proper tabletop RPG system, then he worked on Mafia II as a level designer, then he released "Hero of Many" on mobile/PC, then he made an interactive date movie (kind of like Super Seducer, but actually good and funny) and then he made "Hackers" on mobile.

MONOLISK

Raid a gazillion handcrafted dungeons, collect loot and creature cards
and build your own dungeons for others!

• Clear heaps of dungeons in an online hack 'n' slash RPG
  • Collect cards with equipment, abilities, creatures and environments
  • Customize your 5 heroes with various playstyles
  • Design unique levels for your friends and followers
  • Tell your own stories
  • Craft new cards and expand your collection
  • Help others rebuild the shattered world of MONOLISK

I've played a bit of it in Alpha and it looked like it had potential.

Looks good. If it’s a premium game I’d consider buying it. Not touching FtP/FtW.

ntonystinson

Scholar
Been playing mostly interactive fiction RPGs on mobile. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

ntonystinson

Scholar
Played this a bit tonight. Still in development, but promising. I've played way worse mobile games. Runs well on a Moto Z3

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.baldricksoft.moonshades_dungeon_crawler

I don't mean to spaz out over a mobile game, but double quoting for emphasis. This game is like, really good. Very polished and slick and quite a level of depth to it. Don't sleep on this one, guys. Thanks again, Contagium !

Enter a dungeon, fight , fight and fight again. Are these games Action games or RPGS?

Deleted Member 16721

Enter a dungeon, fight , fight and fight again. Are these games Action games or RPGS?

It's a proper, polished dungeon crawler/blobber. You get two main characters whom you could build in a myriad of unique and interesting ways. There's lots of loot including crafting recipes and things like runes. There are puzzles, hidden walls, treasure and challenging combat and resource management. It's a real game and the best blobber I've played on Android. It's good.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I happened to search for Wandroid and it popped up. Checked out the Facebook page and he's adding new areas and whatnot. The dev says it's the first game he's developed...shows you what a passionate fan of the genre can do with some strong motivation

Played this a bit tonight. Still in development, but promising. I've played way worse mobile games. Runs well on a Moto Z3

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.baldricksoft.moonshades_dungeon_crawler

I don't mean to spaz out over a mobile game, but double quoting for emphasis. This game is like, really good. Very polished and slick and quite a level of depth to it. Don't sleep on this one, guys. Thanks again, Contagium !

Deleted Member 16721

I happened to search for Wandroid and it popped up. Checked out the Facebook page and he's adding new areas and whatnot. The dev says it's the first game he's developed...shows you what a passionate fan of the genre can do with some strong motivation

Yeah, it really seems like a labor of love. He did very well for his first game, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I hope there's enough gametime to sustain a decent amount of playtime with it. Seems there's a few dungeons you can unlock as well.

Question, do you know how to fast travel? Do I simply need to find another teleport pod?

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I haven't made it that far in it yet. I cleared the Blacksmith area and went downstairs, killed a few skeletons and leveled up. I stopped playing to post about it here. My overwhelming excitement to find a decent mobile blobber needed to be shared

Yeah, it really seems like a labor of love. He did very well for his first game, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I hope there's enough gametime to sustain a decent amount of playtime with it. Seems there's a few dungeons you can unlock as well.

Question, do you know how to fast travel? Do I simply need to find another teleport pod?

Deleted Member 16721

I haven't made it that far in it yet. I cleared the Blacksmith area and went downstairs, killed a few skeletons and leveled up. I stopped playing to post about it here. My overwhelming excitement to find a decent mobile blobber needed to be shared

Nice. :) Turns out you unlock teleport stations and it's really simple.

The guy who madr this should do a PC port. I might try and contact him about it. The game is good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

d1nolore

Savant

Nice. :) Turns out you unlock teleport stations and it's really simple.

The guy who madr this should do a PC port. I might try and contact him about it. The game is good enough.

Sweet was going to ask if there was any quick travel since enemies respawn when you go back levels.

So far it's good, fun for a free android game. Only small gripe is there are too much item drops, I seem to be swapping items after nearly every encounter.

Deleted Member 16721

Sweet was going to ask if there was any quick travel since enemies respawn when you go back levels.

So far it's good, fun for a free android game. Only small gripe is there are too much item drops, I seem to be swapping items after nearly every encounter.

Yeah, inventory fills up a bit fast. I end up destroying stuff to keep going without going back to sell things.

Glad to see others playing it. I'm near the 3rd level teleporter now.

Deleted Member 16721

I'm also tinkering with Siralim 3 and enjoying it. It's a pretty deep turn-based, monster collecting RPG wit over 700 monsters you can collect and breed and possibly thousands of hours of gameplay! Tons of content and petty decent customization of monsters with solid turn-based combat. For $5 it's a good bet.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
DosBox and stuff.
Also, I have been playing the old roguelike T.O.M.E. (version 2.something before Maj'Eyal) for years, it has been pulled from Google Play (as Angband Variants) probably because of LotR copyright issues, but you might get it from here somewhere.

Deleted Member 16721

Siralim 3 is pretty cool. You can use a group of up to 6 monsters, each with a unique trait. You can also equip them with an artifact and spells in the form of gems, and they level up, grow and can even be bred. There's a lot of turn-based combat and it's a bit grindy but in a fun way.

My favorite aspect is the party building. So far, my group is:

A Paladin type that deals good damage and can cast magic.
A scout type who can do decent damage and has great speed.
A troll that hits like a truck.
A forest spirit that auto raises speed of the group after each round.
An imp hexer who is like a shaman type.
A unicorn that upon attacking has a 50% chance to raise a dead ally. (Your group members may die a lot but they are auto healed after battle.)

You can catch over 700 monsters and breed even more. It's a lot of fun putting together an interesting group that has synergy and chemistry. Tough boss battles and lots of loot to find too. You also level up your main character who doesn't fight but gets perks to help the group and can be one of 5 class types.

For $5 it's well worth playing for 15 minutes at a time or more. I've sunk 3 solid hours into it so far and plan to keep going.

On the Moonshades front, I've contacted the dev. Hoping to hear back from him soon. I told him he should do a PC port or Kickstarter. He is very good at making games. I've been switching between Siralim 3, Disco Elysium, Moonshades and Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic on mobile. All 4 are well worth playing!

Deleted Member 16721

Back to Moonshades. I've put in several hours and it really holds up throughout. The dungeons are cleverly designed with secrets, puzzles and locked doors. The upgrading gear via runes is basic but fun, makes finding runes worthwhile. The game is getting more challenging and you have to use your combat abilities to win. I'm really impressed so far, there seems to be a lot of genuinely well crafted and handcrafted content for the entry price of free. I'd pay $10 for it, on PC maybe $20 if he had enough hours of content created. Check it out guys, it's a fun one.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I've had that game for ages but I never play it because I hate playing on my phone. Having to interact with so many things by touching little buttons on the screen drives me mad. I would play a PC version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom