Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mobile rpgs

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I play nicely all the 3ds SMT games on my tablet using citra emulator for android.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I'm addicted to a game called Rogue Adventure.
What's it about
There is this huge bunch of games that are all kind of the same but all do things a bit different. Slay the Spire, etc. This is another one but I think it is the best of the 10+ I've tried.

It is an RPG sort of card game basically, you get a small deck of about 12 cards that are like spells, half of them do defensive stuff, and half do offensive stuff, and there is some utility too. Then you fight against varied enemies that have lots of pros/cons, and you defend when they are about to attack, and attack the rest of the time. But there is sooo much depth to it. You get sort of classes that each play differently, but each time you play through the game you build your character/deck a different way and get different abilities and passives and stuff that all interact differently with each other. In other words you play a lot and learn a lot and there is still more you want to try out. I like it so much I even play it at home sometimes when I could be on my PC.

Don Peste

Arcane
Knights of the Old Republic 2 will be available on mobile devices through the App Store or Google Play on Dec. 18 for
dollars.png

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Wtf, they show you dueling dark side Atris in the trailer. Major spoiler.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Unknown Knights
teamarexRole Playing

yQChfa9XKlaXMIYTk8w8QwChjT8_SH-_2d2SS-kesw0TLQK1nxtw54bDcoZ09freZJgKrtg4f__is-31Vg=s14-rw

hqdefault.jpg

Discover new challenges, and steer the game's Narrative as you venture to destroy the Dark Lord's Tower. Your loyal company of Knights and Soldiers, the Unknown Knights, will stand by you every step of the journey.

- Included in Top 10 of Google Indie Game Festival 2019 (Korea)
- Selected as an Indie game exhibitor in Samsung Developer Conference 2019 (San Jose, California)

"Unknown Knights" provides unique unit battles with roguelike encounters. You must solve problems, hire knights, and draft militia to build a strong band for the final fight against the Dark Lord.

KEY FEATURES

◆Real-Time ACTION Strategy
Control multiple units in real-time with four buttons. Timing your Actions is key; Read enemy movements and react accordingly. - Attack, Defense, Parry, and Charge.

◆The Journey and Choices
Hundreds of random encounters will pop up during the journey. Each of them has different choices and consequences. Some of the results of your decision won't happen immediately but surely come back to you.

◆Hidden Bosses & Relics to Discover
Your name will spread in the world as you continue your journey. Wandering wizards, underground monsters and leaders of factions will come to you to challenge or give a request.

◆Content
- 290+ events and stories, all affected by user choice
- 350+ battles
- Knights with 13 different specialties
- Enemy Factions that includes Dark Lord's Army, Thieves, the Assassins, and the Royal Guards
- Randomly generated play map and different ways to unlock gifts
- Dynamic Weather, providing weather-based strategies
- Three different difficulties designed for players of different skill levels
- 10 hidden bosses can be found throughout gameplay
- Online Ranking

The following permissions are necessary to play this game.
[Storage Access]
Permission: READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
Permission: WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
This permission is for saving game data on external memory cards.

※ The game is available for offline playing.
※ No Ads or Microtransactions
After months of practice I've finally done it...

fc418e14ee050269d4cf1874813b1d33.jpg

Great game.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm going to give a strong recommend to Tactics Maiden on the iOS and Android. There's a remastered version on Steam for you PC users, too.

The Good:
- Fire Emblem type of gameplay with a 2D overhead view. But unlike FE your characters are meant to die a lot, but can regenerate after a few rounds at your home base. The objective is to wipe out the enemy and capture the flag (his home bases).
- Tons of different character classes along with special abilities.
- Level ups come with skill points to distribute into such things as physical attacks, defense, special skills, movement, etc.
- Lots of different strategies; I focused on arcane spell casters with large kinetic AoEs and wolf riders for enhanced speed to outflank the computer. Still, you need meat shields and archers too.
- Characters are fairly likeable. No stupid romance plots (except one that is hinted at and non-intrusive). The female main character is a true likeable rogue.
- One of the few mobile games that isn't shit. Can be played without internet connection.

The Bad:
- After awhile the enemy AI can be figured out and easily exploited. It is fairly intelligent on a straight up fight, but falls apart if you spread your forces out a bit and threaten several bases and resources all at once. I started exploiting that like crazy.
- The company that made this doesn't seem to be doing much else.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm going to give a strong recommend to Tactics Maiden...

The developer, Mangobile, has done at least one other SRPG that I'm aware of, Kingturn Underworld. My first impression is that the games are carbon copies of each other though.

But Kingturn was good for what it was too. Would recommend.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I've noticed SEGA seems to have package deals on IOS. And there is also Partia for a tactical JRP game inspired by Fire Emblem. Relatively cheap or free but free has option to get rid of ads and it costs per game. See here:

jQuZUCB.jpg

0NmXZT7.jpg

EspfiDI.jpg

9qhCsQ0.jpg

3iGr4Ww.jpg

gN9gW8w.jpg

E1Y1BuX.jpg

I'd only go with tactical or TB imho. There are arcade games as well. Normally, I'd say just play laptop emulator but if you really want to, these are available.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I really wish they would have included the SMS Phantasy Star 1 and a few of the other Shining titles in the packages. Shining Star Mega CD is a damn fine shining package.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sega or whomever trying to get cash. Hard pressed for free? Retroarch or some emulator and the roms. Hell, lord knows i have many roms. I doubt there are improvements. I hear Vay had some voice acting changed and LUNAR Silver Star Story Touch has new voice actors and some minor changes.

I've bought a few games mentioned that were "Free" with in app purchases and the ones that get rid of ads and unlock the full game are ok. Ads suck and any FREE TO PLAY that bombards you with PTW is instant shit trash. Avoid any PTW game.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I don’t know if I should post here or another thread like:
Mobile RPGs (this thread being the core imho)
Best offline mobile games
Best Android Games
Are there any good mobile games?
Recommend good Android RPGS
Smartphone/Tablet Gaming
Best Controller for mobile gaming
Mobile Android CRPG/Tacticool Gaming
Actual Decent Mobile RPGS
Mobile Gaming - only good exclusive games
What do you want in mobile RPGs

I’m not entirely sure these wizardry clones are even offline, but I’ll try to link them as best I can for review,

RPGWATCH Wandroid
Page 133 wizardry Thread

Google & Applestore Reveal many versions of Wandroid

wandroid ios
4.5 ★ and up
New

Wandroid#8

Wandroid#8

(215)

Wandroid#1R

Wandroid#1R

(86)

Wandroid#5R

Wandroid#5R

(11)

Wandroid#4R

Wandroid#4R

(28)

Wandrium #1 Arena of The Mad Overlord

Wandrium #1 Arena of The Mad Overlord

(78)

Wandroid#2R

Wandroid#2R

(37)

Wandroid#6R

Wandroid#6R

(20)

Wandroid#7R

Wandroid#7R

(29)

MIZ

MIZ

(50)

Fantasy Master RPG

Fantasy Master RPG

(63)

[Premium] RPG Dragon Lapis

[Premium] RPG Dragon Lapis

(301)
$5.99

Dungeon Rankers

Dungeon Rankers

(28)
$2.99

無限の迷宮

無限の迷宮

(26)

The Quest Classic -Celtic Rift

The Quest Classic -Celtic Rift

(15)
$2.99

ArcherCat

ArcherCat

(4K)
$0.99

Unity.Rogue.Refine()

Unity.Rogue.Refine()

Abyss and Dark #1

Abyss and Dark #1

(52)
$9.99

Wizardry外伝〜戦闘の監獄〜

Wizardry外伝〜戦闘の監獄〜

(130)
¥3200

Boolitaire

Boolitaire

(26)
$0.99

Wizardry外伝〜戦闘の監獄〜Lite

Wizardry外伝〜戦闘の監獄〜Lite

(102)

Wizardry外伝〜慈悲の不在〜

Wizardry外伝〜慈悲の不在〜

Uh, I know some of these can’t be wizardry games. Boolataire…. Solitaire obviously. I’ll clean this shit out later. Miz is one and I think there is a Niz game. How do they play? I dunno. I might add them and take a look if I can stomach ads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom