Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Monark - 'new school RPG' by SMT veterans, out early 2022 [PC/PS4/PS5/Switch]

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
This game doesn't really have anything is common with Persona other than the fact that both are turn based JRPGs with a modern Japanese high school setting.

Puukko

Arcane
Any game taking place in a high school with magical students is bound to be called a Persona ripoff even if all the other elements are completely different as is the case here.

dacencora

Shame that it appears to have turned out mediocre. The combat seemed fun in the demo. Might get it on sale in the future.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's not even that bad.
Hopefully I get to play it tonight again with a few beers.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Nice reference.

image.png

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I just can't be bothered getting through the endgame of this.
It's so...
:baka:

Without spoiling too much, they give you a false choice and then you repeat some long segments very similar to each other, which all include hunting for codes, btw.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just can't be bothered getting through the endgame of this.
It's so...
:baka:

Without spoiling too much, they give you a false choice and then you repeat some long segments very similar to each other, which all include hunting for codes, btw.
Is the combat worth it?

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Is the combat worth it?

Mmmm, I'd say yes if you didn't have to overdose on it because of the fact you HAVE to grind a lot in order to progress.
There can be some cool tactical thinking involved when levels get a bit more complex, but it's more about positioning and Deferral (passing turn) usage than abilities (70% of utility-based abilities are useless).

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I was planning to pick this back up eventually but I think Rean just killed any motivation I had for that so thanks for saving me the trouble

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
It is out now. Recommendations? Is this anything like FF15?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom