Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Hyperion

Arcane
Fuck, I forgot this was so close to release and I just started NieR:Automata. Looks like I'm gonna be late to the party. Might just skip the ps4 release and wait for PC.

:negative:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yea I'm just gonna wait for the PC release. I'm not really in any kind of mood to pay to use my own internet on the PS4.

Vorark

Erudite
The second best thing about Monster Hunter World besides Monster Hunter World is how asshurt it's going to make soulsfaggots who came in thinking they were getting dark souls.

Judging by the amount of butthurt generated among these wankers, MHW already delivered. It's idiotic how people base their experiences solely on Dark Souls -- if any other action game dares to play different, it's automatically shit. Bunch of limited retards, may Rathalos fireball their asses to hell.

Still, some people might fall into the "MH newcomer cycle":

1. Play the game
2. "There's no lock on/it's sluggish/monsters are sponges reeeeeee"
3. Tries again months/years later
4. "OMG it's heaven"

Perkel

Arcane
12 hours already. Mostly fucking around with my friend.
Overall it is pretty fucking epic though first quests are waaay to easy for veterans.

Story wise it is standard mh stuff + cutscenese and voice acting. I instantly changed to Monster Hunter Language from English and everything seems to mash way better.

I love idea of squads/clan in MH. Made one and with few friends we log into squad session isntead of online session so if someone plays at all MH he is in room with everyone else from squad be it on mission or not.

First gear is ridiculously easy to get by MH standards. After one hunt of some monster you can more or less get whole armor set. I am guessing they made it in such way so newbs would get frustrated that they need to grind for whole sets at start and get them into game loop.

Cathing animals and releasing them in your house is fun stuff. ALL HAIL PARATOAD !

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Pasted_Image_1_24_18__11_12_AM.png

sick hud too lmao what a joke

Machocruz

Arcane
The hud font is truly generic shit, but so it is for all AAA games these days. Immersive UIs are not a thing anymore

Machocruz

Arcane
And holy shit that review. Well pussy, I'm an oldfag who has been playing ARPGs since, oh, they fucking came out in the 80s, and I say MH combat is gud. Considering how much some of the monsters move and a decent player can still hit them with down-to-the-limb accuracy, the hitboxes are fine. Meanwhile, the Dark Souls games are hitbox meme city. Just check YT. Oh, and the games are more popular than Souls in Japan, the land of top tier melee combat in vidyas. Get fucked.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Some negative reviews, how Perkel will defend from those?

When you hit a monster with your weapon it dosent give you the feel of slicing into them, like other games. I also feel that the combos are pretty basic and not that much thought

You run around and spam O to gather **** then you fight a monster that decides to run away from you all day. Its obnoxiously and sorely lacking in entertainment value. A ton of busy work in between fighting, and the busy work of constantly chasing something while you're fighting.

Far too simplified and watered down Monster Hunter, an attempt to make an already new gamer friendly consumer franchise even easier to the point where it hurts the game/gameplay

his game is an insult to every veteran of Monster Hunter. The entire gameplay has been casualized and westernized so that your average newcomer in the West would be more likely to appreciate this game.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Who cares about such menial criticisms? What's really damning this game is that it's a fucking colonialist fantasy. It's 2018 for fuck's sake, when does this stop?

Brace yourself, gents, for brain damage.

Full review (archived)

SumDrunkGuy

I bought it because I'm a moron. Exploring the "ecosystem" as they call it has actually been enjoyable, and the first big monster fight was pretty fun. The game definitely delivers some strong first impressions I'll give it that, but I can already detect the obnoxious grind this thing is gonna turn into 10 or 20 hours from now.

Not looking forward to that shit. Still I'll give it props because I went in expecting to hate it from the start and I don't hate it. Yet.

When you hit a monster with your weapon it dosent give you the feel of slicing into them, like other games. I also feel that the combos are pretty basic and not that much thought

^Whoever said that ain't wrong. The hits don't feel as satisfying as they should. The combat has felt very "meh" in general thus far. I mean it's not bad, but if you honestly think this is on par with Dark Souls & Dragon's Dogma combat you're a fucking retard. It's more comparable to Witcher 3's combat than anything, which wasn't great.

Last edited by a moderator:

sullynathan

Arcane
I bought it because I'm a moron. Exploring the "ecosystem" as they call it has actually been enjoyable, and the first big monster fight was pretty fun. The game definitely delivers some strong first impressions I'll give it that, but I can already detect the obnoxious grind this thing is gonna turn into 10 or 20 hours from now.

Not looking forward to that shit. Still I'll give it props because I went in expecting to hate it from the start and I don't hate it. Yet.

^Whoever said that ain't wrong. The hits don't feel as satisfying as they should. The combat has felt very "meh" in general thus far. I mean it's not bad, but if you honestly think this is on par with Dark Souls & Dragon's Dogma combat you're a fucking retard. It's more comparable to Witcher 3's combat than anything, which wasn't great.
what weapon are you using? How long have you been playing the game?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
So, how is the offline experience? Never played a MH game and it looks like something I'd like, but I'm not paying for console multiplayer on principle.

sullynathan

Arcane
So, how is the offline experience? Never played a MH game and it looks like something I'd like, but I'm not paying for console multiplayer on principle.
I beat Portable 3rd by myself with no multiplayer, it's a previous Monster Hunter game. It was still fun and you still have all the exact same content without having other people there to help you in a fight

Perkel

Arcane
This is the fist mh game where you can beat everything both solo and multi. Because there is no longer distinction between multi and single player. If you start solo then you have solo difficulty if you start with 2 players minimum you have multiplayer difficulty.

Got to 3rd map. So far imo best MH game. AI of monsters is really what makes clear divide. Second most important thing is how most of weapons now feel fluid. We triad with friend to hunt diablos but it basically pummeled us and gone away from map. It is not beta that is for sure.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Wait, which MH can't you complete solo? What's the theoretical git gud barrier for a solo player? I suck massively despite having played 2, 3 and 4.

sullynathan

Arcane
Wait, which MH can't you complete solo? What's the theoretical git gud barrier for a solo player? I suck massively despite having played 2, 3 and 4.
I don't think there's any you can't complete solo except the MMO's. There were multiplayer missions in the previous games that I think you couldn't access without going online.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I think the problem with reactivity and such stems from the fact that monsters seem to move right through your blows, unless you actually knock them down or stun them. Therefore it can feel floaty when I'm swinging my 1-ton hammer around and the big bad just sort of does his mating call and interrupt me.

Not saying that the combat is bad per se, but it does seem to lack that nice feedback you get when you whop something with a weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom