Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
And all it took was 800 hours of grinding and some end-game items and equipment that you can't even get on PC yet. Simple stuff.

mogwaimon

Magister
Practice makes perfect, moreso than switching gear does. Well, Blaine's already said he doesn't have a main weapon so switching gear would work too. Black Diablos is a bitch but she gets more manageable as you fight her more often, like with any other monster. I still don't like fighting her though because I spent quite a few hours in MH3U grinding her since she wouldn't drop her damn horn for a thunder LS I was trying to build. The cool looking Zinogre one.

Just beat Xeno'jiiva on PC also. Hooked on this damn game, it's rare that I beat a game twice in a year, nevermind three months. Only made it to HR21 this time instead of jumping right to HR29 as I did on PS4, but by the time I got here on PS4 I had had all the low rank optional quests done too. Now I guess I'll mop those up in between sessions trying to farm Arena for my Divine Slasher, it was bad enough trying to get the Supremacy Blade (solo, BTW) so it's gonna be 'fun' doing the Radobaan/Uragaan and Diablos/Black Diablos quests a maximum of 4 times each....

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Practice makes perfect, moreso than switching gear does. Well, Blaine's already said he doesn't have a main weapon so switching gear would work too. Black Diablos is a bitch but she gets more manageable as you fight her more often, like with any other monster. I still don't like fighting her though because I spent quite a few hours in MH3U grinding her since she wouldn't drop her damn horn for a thunder LS I was trying to build. The cool looking Zinogre one.

I find that it's worth learning different weapons: some have better matchups against specific monsters. ex: anything with a shield trivializes Diablos.

Just beat Xeno'jiiva on PC also. Hooked on this damn game, it's rare that I beat a game twice in a year, nevermind three months. Only made it to HR21 this time instead of jumping right to HR29 as I did on PS4, but by the time I got here on PS4 I had had all the low rank optional quests done too. Now I guess I'll mop those up in between sessions trying to farm Arena for my Divine Slasher, it was bad enough trying to get the Supremacy Blade (solo, BTW) so it's gonna be 'fun' doing the Radobaan/Uragaan and Diablos/Black Diablos quests a maximum of 4 times each....

I refuse to do arena: gear is too terrible and janky.

DragoFireheart

mogwaimon

Magister

I find that it's worth learning different weapons: some have better matchups against specific monsters. ex: anything with a shield trivializes Diablos.

I refuse to do arena: gear is too terrible and janky.

Learning different weapons is good fun and makes you more versatile, but it's just as important to learn how to overcome bad matchups with certain weapons as well.

And yea arena is pretty shit, I've never been a fan but I need to do it if I want the best LS pre-Deviljho. Not very fun though, Azure Rathalos was a shit fight and the Diablos/Black Diablos duo is basically just....guard with lance and poke until one dies and then poke the second one until it dies which takes like half an hour. Of course you could do it quicker, I'm just not that skilled.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So I got Elementless jewel today, which I've heard people mention quite a bit. What weapon do I want to use this OP thing with? I'm assuming the diablos hammer would be a good fit, but I've already got a nerg hammer, so I was thinking of going for a greatsword instead.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Lets see.... Blaine has/had issues with Diablos monsters and doesn't like LBG too much.

It's time to troll!

:troll:

That's regular Diablos, not Black Diablos. I've never had any trouble at all with regular Diablos, because it's far less aggressive, and a legbroke grandma could dodge it. I hardly matters that it's tempered if you aren't getting hit in the first place.

I would be extremely surprised if a guy who's been playing the game for well over 1,000 hours and has every super-OP event weapon, gear set, and jewel couldn't solo Diablos in a very short time.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So I got Elementless jewel today, which I've heard people mention quite a bit. What weapon do I want to use this OP thing with? I'm assuming the diablos hammer would be a good fit, but I've already got a nerg hammer, so I was thinking of going for a greatsword instead.

A weapon without elemental damage ... which means that the elemental damage should be in parenthesis (as disabled until you equip the right jewels).

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Diablos+Shatterer+II

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

Damned Registrations

I more meant what are the good weapons without elements? Dual blades seem like they'd be a waste for example, given their tendency towards elemental damage. And I'm not sure about the diablos with their affinity penalty vs the odogaron ones with their high affinity and white sharpness but much less attack. Some napkin math seems to indicate diablos weapons are much better, even with crit boosts. Even if your crits were doing 40% more damage, the ~40% crit chance difference between the two types works out to about 24% more damage, but the difference beween the two types on dual blades is over 25% more attack power for the diablos weapons anyways. And the diablos weapons get defense and more jewel slots. Seems fairly lopsided unless someone knows something I don't. I can't imagine going for the Odogaron weapons unless you desperately need that extra affinity for the teostra thing to never sharpen or something.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The end game is driving me crazy. I need Critical Jewel 2 for Critical Boost and I cannot get it ... fucking RNG.

Edit: Critical Boost seems to be the must have skill for the Greatsword build. The Charm only add something like +1.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

Alright so I tried out Insect Glaives and I sorta like them. They have issues with any enemies with hard armor (which causes the blades to bounce) but for anything that flies or for anything with weak points high up they're pretty solid choice. It's also fun flying around.

Blaine when you get the Behemoth content on PC you can farm the Behemoth solo via Palico using Plunder Blade and get everything you need without ever killing it. After you get all the Behemoth stuff you can dress up as a Dragoon from Final Fantasy.

Damned Registrations

I think I've gotten some good stuff so far, not sure what is rare and what isn't, but, 2 brace jewels, 2 earplugs, a crital boost and a weakness exploit jewel along with that non elemental one. Of course, these things always boil down to those last few things you need for your build.

DragoFireheart

I think I've gotten some good stuff so far, not sure what is rare and what isn't, but, 2 brace jewels, 2 earplugs, a crital boost and a weakness exploit jewel along with that non elemental one. Of course, these things always boil down to those last few things you need for your build.

The absolute hardest decorations to get are Attack Boost and Critical Eye. Never sell the single Attack Boost you got early on in the game. If you did you should start over. Not kidding either.

Some other challenging ones to acquire due to the RNGod hating you include Mushroomancer, Artillery, Guard, Handicraft, and Protective Polish.

Damned Registrations

Protective polish is a fucking jewel? That changes the viablity of those slivers of white sharpness a lot. The balance decisions in the MH series are always so fucking bizarre. Like the piss poor elemental/status damage on slow weapons, or how trivial defense bonuses are in high rank when every armor piece has like 80 fucking defense on it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Alright so I tried out Insect Glaives and I sorta like them. They have issues with any enemies with hard armor (which causes the blades to bounce) but for anything that flies or for anything with weak points high up they're pretty solid choice. It's also fun flying around.

They don't have any issues with bouncing that other weapons don't have in the same spots. On the other hand, if you're a casual shitter and massive worthless loser who depends on white sharpness to make up for your lack of skill, I can see how it'd be tough to get used to. :troll:

Keep at it, you'll see that you rapidly improve as you learn to do certain things by instinct. Those of us who identify our gender as attack helicopter have a unique path ahead of us.

Blaine when you get the Behemoth content on PC you can farm the Behemoth solo via Palico using Plunder Blade and get everything you need without ever killing it. After you get all the Behemoth stuff you can dress up as a Dragoon from Final Fantasy.

Funnily enough I'd been playing FFXIV for the last month and a half and indeed got the fancy dragoon armor in that game. Too bad the game is simplistic casual shit.

I more meant what are the good weapons without elements?

Plenty, although there's certainly a bias toward heavy hitters. Also, there are tons of weapons with great sharpness, great damage, high elderseal, and a bit of dragon damage, like Catastrophe's Light, which has now become my most favored weapon.

Side note: Insect Glaive is the best weapon for farming Vespoids, as the insect can one-hit kill them in rapid succession. :lol: I take advantage of this to quickly complete Ancient Forest + Investigation bounties for 4x Hard Armor Spheres.

Damned Registrations

I always just use the slinger, preferably with torch pods to lure them in. Kills them faster than they can spawn anyways.

Edit: After watching a clip of someone using the fire and ice dual swords, and noting the difference in damage between the two hits vs a diablos (which is weak to the ice) I think even on dual blades the elemental option is pretty shit. My estimate is that vs a vulnerable target, 2 points of elemental equate to about 1 point of attack. Granted, that was on some of the swings that would most favour physical damage, but even so, given how finicky elemental damage zones tend to be and that you basically need a specific weapon entire fucking loadout for each enemy, the benefits are way too fucking slim for anything but speedrunning.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The kinsect (unless it's slow) can move almost as fast as you can click, much faster than the single-fire slinger. Try it and you'll see. In addition you can of course perform a normal attack instantly whenever Vespoids get too close, which you can't do with the slinger.

In other news, this is why Nvidia haven't been able to reproduce the Elder's Recess stuttering:

571969e3f6.png

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582010/discussions/0/1737715419887955101/?ctp=11

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I swear to Christ, I might quit the game over this. Why the FUCK does the Armorer exist? Even after you've beaten the story, that cunt sells not a single one of the weapons made from low-rank monster materials. Every time I want to make a new weapon, I have to go farm low-rank shit again. Not even low-rank Tailraider Safaris or the Argosy are an option, because they never bring the "rare cornerstone piece" you always need (like mass quantities of Hazak fangs for every single Hazak weapon).

Every single precursor step of the Tobi-Kadachi bow requires tons of fucking Claws. I wear two pieces of the Legiana set, use an Investigation, break its forelimbs every time, keep an eye out for dropped material, and capture it, but nonetheless each Investigation is giving me one claw at a time.

A monster I can farm in one minute, but I have to farm it ten fucking times before I can move on to farming HR Tobi an additional 10-12 times for the kater upgrade steps. Fuck! FUCK! IT'S NOT AN MMO YOU FUCKING SLANT-EYED TWATS!

Edit: All right, I'm appeased... FOR NOW.

d4647e334d.png

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
DragoFireheart I've discovered that the best way to trigger /mhg/ is to mention any kind of cheating.

guaranteed_replies.png :troll: (P.S.: I'm never going to cheat, don't even use the Transmog mod.)

be7645c27f.png

A few details for the upcoming Autumn Harvest Festival were leaked earlier this month, but for those curious to know:

• Starting October 18th 8pm EDT / October 19th 9am JST
  • Ending November 1st 7:59pm EDT / November 2nd 8:59am JST

male-harvest-armor_harvest.jpg
female-harvest-armor_harvest.jpg

jackpalico1_harvestfest.jpg

Downy-Crake-Brooms-01-MHW-768x432.jpg

The Mosswine Mask and Faux Felyne Mask will also be available as layered armor, which means nothing to PC players who can already transmog armor pieces.

As usual, all previous event quests will return for the duration of the Autumn Harvest Festival. Still no word on when the free updates/new monsters will be given to the PC version, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were released during this event, if not before.

More details on the Harvest Fest can be found below:

https://fextralife.com/mhw-autumn-harvest-festival-its-contents/#harvestsets

Also, regarding PC content updates from producer Ryozo Tsujimoto (July interview/just in case anyone missed it):

Will the Steam version have monsters like Deviljho and Lunastra at launch, or will those be added in coming updates?

They will be updates after launch. We are planning to release the updates that came to console on a shorter cycle so you can get your hands on them quicker.

Will new monsters and events occur on Steam at the same time as on consoles?

I want to synch these up as much as possible, but as mentioned previously regarding title updates, the differences in versions between platforms may prevent them being completely the same time.
Source:
https://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hun...-updates-mouse-and-keyboard-support-and-more/

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
That's good then, because aside from the wiggler hat dispenser, these current event quests are utter shit. The one with 2x Urugaans that rewards armor spheres only rewards 1-2 Advanced and a handful of Armor Sphere+.

Damned Registrations

Well, if I wasn't sold on the hammer before, I definitely am now. Got to club Nerg in the head for over 600 damage while he slept, plus two LBB+. Fight was generally a one sided beating for the first 2-3 minutes or so, then I carted from him popping up off the ground and diving me before I could react. I can understand how people get these sub 2 and 3 minute runs now, if I had the gadgets for it and some better jewels/armor it'd be totally in reach.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Guys, I got a Zorah Magdaros gem (dunno how rare it is but I remember someone bitching about it on the steam forums). Can I happily use it to produce an Awakening charm or is ther some better shit further on I should use it for?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom