Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community More Divinity prizes, physical box copies available, raffles and more!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We have to kill them before they actually finish the game so they can live on as holy martyrs instead of inevitably disappointing us.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I many not have a full-time job, but I'm not bound by feeble montlhy paychecks... some cash will flow tomorrow, I may up my donation. :P

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
inb4: HiddenX is Swen and you're getting milked.
Indeed from RPGWatch
icon1.gif

Yesterday, 23:33
Courtesy of HiddenX: All the donations made from $7,500 up to $10,000 will be doubled!!!
This means that if you donate $100, you will be listed as having donated $200.

This is the time to get yourself on that list (or higher on it) and receive even more goodies.

Best scam ever...

Angthoron

Arcane
You realize that Codex has collected around 40k in donations to devs this year alone, right? Maybe if we held on to our wallets like The Watch, each in our Top 10 would have that much to offer. What's wrong, Watch? Y u no fund games?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I wonder if stuff like this is raising the relevante of eternal Codexia on other people's radar... Larian did state many times how glorious Codexia and that other RPG website raised a lot of money for them, and even posted a KS tracking numbers that clearly showed fabulous Codexia was one of the websites with more donations, just behind RPS (and still above that other RPG thingie)...

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I feel like I should donate but it seems like I will get more bang for my buck at the Watch. Decisions, decisions.

Angthoron

Arcane
I wonder if stuff like this is raising the relevante of eternal Codexia on other people's radar... Larian did state many times how glorious Codexia and that other RPG website raised a lot of money for them, and even posted a KS tracking numbers that clearly showed fabulous Codexia was one of the websites with more donations, just behind RPS (and still above that other RPG thingie)...
To be fair, I think the better thing is that we've been becoming more relevant for the devs. We're no longer "a gang that just randomly shits on everything". Naturally, we also become a little less terrifying to the average reader, too.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
To be fair, the outside world is looking worse and worse... choosing between Codexian and other websites is choosing between getting criticized by gameplay & mechanics or by turbo-feminism...

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
You realize that Codex has collected around 40k in donations to devs this year alone, right? Maybe if we held on to our wallets like The Watch, each in our Top 10 would have that much to offer. What's wrong, Watch? Y u no fund games?
Oh, I have a lot of respect for the drives you did at the Codex, and admittedly we just stole the idea for this one :) It was fun, so thanks!
To try to answer the actual question, I would guess the Watch is ultimately not as close-knit a community as the Codex, so the idea to make it a community event maybe was less obvious to us. However, most of us are funding Kickstarter games, as you can see from our recent poll.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Being a Codexer who can't hold a full-time job unlike members of the Watch, I can't donate any more money. :(

I really hope they don't get the mysterious stranger option to boot.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have to ask, is the Codex ammount on the front page a net ammount (decreased by fees)? Because the Watch money is.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
If you go to the main page the net amount is listed at the very bottom, Matt.

It's currently at $8,281.09 after removing fees

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom