Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More MCA Codex Trolls.... INCOMING!

Harpsichord

Arcane
I uh, didn't ask for the transgender thing to be tossed in, in fact the way that I wrote my request explicitly demanded that only the information I provided be given. Actually somewhat legitimately pissed that was added to my request, particularly the wannabe part. If he knew independently, whatever the fuck, but if he didn't that addition clearly overshadowed whatever other material I gave him. Permanently butthurt now I think.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I want a :neveraskedforthis: emoticon now

if anyone feels like drawing this I propose that it be similar from the perspective in the trailer where you're looking from behind his shoulder and he holds out his left arm with the palm out and looks at it

to be used in 'what have the fates done' situations

dbfbd63e.png

Harpsichord

Arcane
I just feel like it's bullshit that I gave 250 dollars under the pretense that I would be able to make a simple request to MCA for a troll, without any knowledge that DU would be running over my request and interjecting what *he* felt would be a good idea. Lesson learned I guess, it's okay to do that sort of thing to people as long as you think they behaved like an ass in the past.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Also, I have a request to our 'shoppers: I understand your fascination with new emoticons, but can you please color the user trolls that haven't been colored yet? (Such as Takeda Kenshi's or Michael Ellis', etc.) After all, they're the bros who contributed to the shrine fund, so it'd be cool if they got their trolls in full color. Like, pretty please?

Harpsichord

Arcane
I can ask MCA for a different troll for you if you want. Ask here or PM me.
I would prefer not to bother him with this bullshit. Honestly, he didn't do anything wrong. He just took the information he was given and lived up to his end of the bargain. Any further time out of his day would make me feel worse about it. It's nice of you to offer though.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Michael Ellis'

Assuming that's the 'No Fucking Special Requests!' one, I started a version of it today.

Of course, I still prioritise things useful to >1 codexer, but I don't know which I'd want to work on next anyway, and don't want to touch the ones Stinger posted above until he's made the edits he wants to and there's a emote-size version for people to look at and see if anything even needs changing at all (which it's quite possible there won't be, since unlike the last 2, the butthurt and the drink-holding troll aren't based on any existing emote for people to compare to).

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
My hypothesis is that this PBF guy looks hilarious partly due to the simple lines and shapes used. His face outline is almost circular, his lips form a straight segment. Maybe a talented bro could attempt a Codex trollface using similar very minimal means? (I can't draw at all.) I'd e.g. remove that "detail" under the mouth.

Stinger

Arcane
Also, I have a request to our 'shoppers: I understand your fascination with new emoticons, but can you please color the user trolls that haven't been colored yet? (Such as Takeda Kenshi's or Michael Ellis', etc.) After all, they're the bros who contributed to the shrine fund, so it'd be cool if they got their trolls in full color. Like, pretty please?

I'm out in the country on placement for the next two weeks and straight after that I have exams.

I might be able to squeeze some time to colour some user trolls when I get back from placement but at this stage I can't confirm that 100%.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
My hypothesis is that this PBF guy looks hilarious partly due to the simple lines and shapes used. His face outline is almost circular, his lips form a straight segment. Maybe a talented bro could attempt a Codex trollface using similar very minimal means? (I can't draw at all.) I'd e.g. remove that "detail" under the mouth.

Yeah. The PBF style is based on emergency diagrams that you find on airplanes. The Codex troll is good for what it is though.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So... no one wants to color the remaining personal bro avatars? :(

As for which ones are remaining, here they are.

Hakuroshi:

hakuroshi.png

Lonerville:

lonerville.png

Takeda Kenshi:

takeda_kenshi.png

Michael Ellis:

michael_ellis.png

Haba:

haba.png

Ed123:

ed123.png

denizsi:

denizsi.png

deus101:

deus101.png

:(

Also, LundB stole the avatar that was supposed to be exclusively denizsi's. Eternal shame on you.
:rpgcodex:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
So... no one wants to color the remaining personal bro avatars? :(

Unfortunately I have responsibilities in life that go beyond editing and colouring trolls. However, here's one. I'm not 100% pleased with it, so if Ellis has anything specific he wants changed, I'll give it a shot. I took out the cigar, because the lineart was kind of a mess, and doing it in a way that looked nice would be a pain.

FlRGQ.png
PdBtA.png

I guess I'll colour in a few more after I do a long overdue pigeon-romancing update.
Wait a minut--

Also, LundB stole the avatar that was supposed to be exclusively denizsi's. Eternal shame on you.

WELL NEVER MIND I GUESS I'LL JUST GO HOME AND TAKE MY TOYS WITH ME I HATE YOU ALL.
:troll:

Considering I did it to make it more applicable to the Codex in general, for anyone to use, it's a Prometheus style heroic theft. Also considering how many changes I made to it (completely altering the message conveyed), and that MCA never once said anything about 'exclusive', it's not even theft, so in fact it's just heroic. I guess you meant to say 'Eternal glory'. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom