Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More MCA Codex Trolls.... INCOMING!

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I hope lefthandblack doesn't mind, just made a version w/o fangs to see what it looks like. Also cleaned up a bit of red that had gotten outside of the outline on the side of the face.

ScMBA.png
6Ni2k.png

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Okay, I finished Diablo 3 my artist block is probably gone now, so I'll try coloring the Nordic Troll again...

I guess I'll give Takeda's a shot then. However, I might just do the troll half and upload that, letting someone else colour in the sign. I don't know what colours I'd want to use, and I feel like it should have some faint glow or something (which I'm not especially good at w/ this kind of drawing). Unless someone can give me a good idea for sign colours.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Takeda's troll so far. If he (or anyone else tbh) has a suggestion about what colours would be good for the sign, I'm all ears.

aZpCk.png

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Probably white center and outside yellow, kind of like those kind of lighted signs?

Two tests of that colour idea. Thoughts, Takeda?

bUn1j.png
zS5nt.png

If I may interject, perhaps some subtle yellow around the sign to indicate electricity?

Right now I've got the border. A subtle yellow-tinted electric glow would be nice, but I'll leave that to someone else. I'm not good at glow that looks decent w/ cel-shaded stuff. I'll send the full-res image to anyone who wants to add glow if it's needed.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
And now a simple version of deus101's troll.

KIAHo.png

I've kind of been avoiding Takeda's and Haba's, since I'm not sure what colours would be best to use. Oh also, if a person wants different sizes of their coloured user trolls I've done, I do have significantly larger versions, I just downscaled to a more usable size for posting.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Thanks a FUCKLOAD!

...but...I don't have to use it do I? :(

Stinger

Arcane
Probably white center and outside yellow, kind of like those kind of lighted signs?

Two tests of that colour idea. Thoughts, Takeda?

bUn1j.png
zS5nt.png

If I may interject, perhaps some subtle yellow around the sign to indicate electricity?

Right now I've got the border. A subtle yellow-tinted electric glow would be nice, but I'll leave that to someone else. I'm not good at glow that looks decent w/ cel-shaded stuff. I'll send the full-res image to anyone who wants to add glow if it's needed.

Go into a different layer (tamper with the setting, Screen, Overlay, Hard/Soft Light tends to look good) and then use a soft brush (i.e. Hardness 40% or around that) and just brush a bright yellow colour around the lights. Do the same with RVJ but make the RVJ text itself a white colour, or better yet make it yellow on the border and white in the centre and then apply a blur over it..

I can mess around with it too when I get back home from placement this weekend if you want.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Thanks a FUCKLOAD!

...but...I don't have to use it do I? :(

What's wrong deus101? Tried to troll MCA, got countertrolled and reluctant to wear it as a badge of honour?

[edit]

That's better! Also, nice title! :P

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Anyway...I can just clean up the text...and use it for loads of stuff.

Have the text in my avatar description.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think that if you're going for a black & white version, Bee, you should have the background transparent (and the lines darker or brighter, depending what will look best on the Codex blue background. IMHO.

Stinger

Arcane
Again I could've sworn felipepepe already coloured Bee's avatar.

Aaand a quick scan through the thread reveals that he did:

emcjP.png

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah I know thanks, I was just waiting for other avatars to be colored. Now that almost all of them are, though, I suppose I can go full color too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom