Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More MCA Codex Trolls.... INCOMING!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
You know, we need a troll in a nazi uniform. Just a thought.

13f370ee_Edit2.png
13f370ee_Edit3.png
Thread is inclining at supra-light speed.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
someone clean this poor miserable bastard up

how's this? did just the outlines

:rpgcodex: --->
1e336712.png

smaller filesize png8 version had ugly camo edges even with matte so leaving that out because it looked the same

Fucked around w/ it a bit, redrawing a bunch of the outline, and recolouring. I have it in larger sizes too, but downscaled to compare. Edit: Switched to a version with sleeve edited to be more similar.

1e336712.png
--->
kclxK.png

Not sure how much I like the shadow position, but I was trying to keep it in the same place as the original.

Stinger

Arcane
8tHi6.png

Haba ,is not finished yet, I just want some feedback on the colors...also, did I got it right, is that really hair?

It looks pretty good. My personal feedback would be that I think the helmet should be red and gold instead of purely grey. Kinda like the helmet in Matt Barton JC's avatar.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
He's overcompensating. :lol:

But I agree with you, problem is that MCA work is hard for unwashed peasants like me to understand, so I have no idea were his shirt should be ending...or where are his legs...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
someone clean this poor miserable bastard up

how's this? did just the outlines

724a887d.png

smaller filesize png8 version had ugly camo edges even with matte so leaving that out because it looked the same

edit: better legs, removed suggestive protuberance at bottom of shirt
Perfect, it retains its original classic charm while updating it with modern anti-aliasing graphics.

The stain on his shirt is an important part of the troll too. It adds texture and makes it look more 3D.

1e336712.png
--->
kclxK.png

Not sure how much I like the shadow position, but I was trying to keep it in the same place as the original.
Now he just looks fat and he's lost his stain.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Perfect, it retains its original classic charm while updating it with modern anti-aliasing graphics

cool, if that is what you're after I added the stain of personality back onto the latest body

724a887d.png
--->
a41fb624.png

yeah I know you pretty much have to compare them with separate browser tabs
basically left ear fixed a bit plus a bit more corner curves and thicker+aliased limbs

Stinger

Arcane
So if I'm colouring any other codex trolls should I add a stain for that too or not bother?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
So if I'm colouring any other codex trolls should I add a stain for that too or not bother?
They are all done now, aren't they? Which one is missing?

All the user trolls are in a usable state. Takeda's could possibly look nice with some glow around the sign added though. I think Stinger offered to sort that out this weekend, but if anyone wants to, I'll send them higher res versions than what I posted in this thread, for ease of editing.

Aside from that, I think a few of the various non-specific trolls remain uncoloured, and apparently another batch is on the way. Not an urgent task by any means, but certainly fun practice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom