Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More MCA Codex Trolls.... INCOMING!

Stinger

Arcane
They are all done now, aren't they? Which one is missing?

Well there's still non avatar trolls left right? And I guess the ones that I've done have versions with the stain and without it and I'm wondering which to use.

+The further trolls coming up.

And sure, I'll get to work this weekend on making the sign for Takeda's a bit more flashy.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
more line unspiking for the other two great emoticons
:love:---->
242df2a7.png

:hmmm:---->
d14a4a41.png

compare with tabs to see the magical changes

heh I just noticed that the hug troll also has the brown shirt stain

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Well there's still non avatar trolls left right? And I guess the ones that I've done have versions with the stain and without it and I'm wondering which to use.

+The further trolls coming up.

And sure, I'll get to work this weekend on making the sign for Takeda's a bit more flashy.

Sent you the high-res versions of Takeda's. Hopefully should make the edits simple.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
MCA has done new trolls for denizsi (the two Ranger ones) and Kaiserin aka Harpsichord (the "RPGCodex is for fags" ones), as well as a couple of generic ones:

RPGCodex_Trolls_2.png

He has also specifically stated that he doesn't want the "British" part removed from Kaiserin's "Codex is for fags" trolls, or else he wouldn't want to be associated with them. (Pinging DarkUnderlord so he knows.)

LundB

Mistakes were made.
He has also specifically stated that he doesn't want the "British" part removed from Kaiserin's "Codex is for fags" trolls, or else he wouldn't want to be associated with them.

It's only a matter of time now before someone edits all the text except for 'British' in a way that makes it go against the spirit of MCA's request, but not the words, and replaces the cigarettes with penises.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I don't get it though. What's the British thing about? The British meaning of "fag" is "to work until wearied; work hard: to fag away at French¹." or "a younger pupil in a British public school required to perform certain menial tasks for, and submit to the hazing of, an older pupil."

MCA your attempt at humour is lost on me.

¹I know, I thought that too.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
I don't get it though. What's the British thing about? The British meaning of "fag" is "to work until wearied; work hard: to fag away at French¹." or "a younger pupil in a British public school required to perform certain menial tasks for, and submit to the hazing of, an older pupil."

MCA your attempt at humour is lost on me.

¹I know, I thought that too.
A fag is also a colloquial term for a cigarette, which is what I believe he was getting at with them smoking and using the British smoking slang as a cover story for just wanting to insult.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
You have to remember that British/Australian divide have increased over the years.

Harpsichord

Arcane
MCA has done new trolls for denizsi (the two Ranger ones) and Kaiserin aka Harpsichord (the "RPGCodex is for fags" ones), as well as a couple of generic ones:
My goodness, that wasn't at all necessary. I'm utterly humbled by his willingness to provide another picture. I was only ever pissed at DU for how he edited my request. Please, let him know that I'm overwhelmingly satisfied with what he's provided and that I beg him to not worry the slightest bit about it ever again.

Stinger

Arcane
I'm thinking of using an edit of the Wasteland Ranger one with the shotgun as an avatar. I just want to check, is this Denizi's or Kaiserin's? I don't want to take it if it belongs to anyone but if it's just a random WL troll then I might make a few edits to it and use it myself.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's Denizi's. Although it may be spare if he uses the other one. Check with him/her/it.

Stinger

Arcane
Real life is catching up so I just have time to do a quick version of Takeda's troll with a flashier sign.

Takeda Kenshi and LundB I hope you don't mind me messing with the colours a bit, I had to make the sign darker to emphasise the flashy lights. I also tampered with the lineart to give a more neon tubes feel to the lights.

I also considered making the lights reflect on the troll but figured it didn't look that nice so here it is:

ceQpX.png

I have a high res version as well but I figure it looks better scaled down.

Stinger

Arcane
VEANY.png

I think it looks better with an even darker background, emphasises the RVJ more.

felipepepe: I asked Deniszi about the WL troll a few days ago and in terms of colouring it he told me this:

I'll be using the shotgun version. As for the other one, well, that depends. If you can colour the one with the shotgun in a way reminiscent of the original desert ranger, then it's yours:

13761.jpg

Also, it would be neat if you could lose the beard. Better to do one with and one without.

Anyway, I'm not going to take his troll so feel free to change it to his demands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom