Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind mods are a fucking jungle

DraQ

Arcane
Doesn't GDR replace Dagoth Ur's voice and lines with something "more sinister"?

I wanted to install it once, but then I read something along these lines and went
:what:
If it's true, then
3204840swsw.gif

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Well you could always just delete those VO files and revert it back to the way it was in vanilla. I think it makes it so that every line he speaks has voiceovers (didn't the original have them only for some lines?)

oscar

Arcane
Hm tempted to give Morrowind another jam with GHD. Without spoilers is it a long main quest that's worth the time?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'd agree, it's quite interesting. But the side questlines are quite neat too. I'm a big fan.

Hm tempted to give Morrowind another jam with GHD. Without spoilers is it a long main quest that's worth the time?
It could be really long, or just a couple of hours. One guy did a speed run of 20 or so minutes. I enjoyed it a few years back but every time I replayed it I never did the main quest again. IMHO I think it best just to dick around without worrying about 'finishing' it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's definitely part of the fun, but it's well written so it's worth experiencing.

Stop it. You are interfering with my newly acquired discipline to play a game all the way through without interruption. I will not start another playthrough of Morrowind to disrupt that!

oscar

Arcane
The point of the question was more about the mod than Morrowind itself.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
In all seriousness best mod is the one that removes all cliff-racers from the game, the game becomes fully playable after that. Just the piece of mind from not hearing their "KARKAR" sounds as they swoop down to give you morrowind hemorrhoids is incredible.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I never minded them but it might be because I only ever played Destruction mages. 1 spell and they're gone.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I actually just think the dialogue would have been better if conversations were more limited by who you were talking to. It doesn't make much sense for commoners to know anything about Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House, or news around the Empire vs. their own shithole bog village.

It's old news, but currently I'm using this update to play through the game:

http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

Has all the mods I'd use anyway (unofficial patches etc.), and as far as graphics go... eh, I could go either way. Finding mods that fix the low-res textures etc. but still remain faithful to the original game is tough, so I might as well just pimp it out completely if I'm going to do any pimping at all.

Incidentally, now a game from 2002 looks better than Oblivion and gets damn close to Skyrim too.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I actually just think the dialogue would have been better if conversations were more limited by who you were talking to. It doesn't make much sense for commoners to know anything about Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House, or news around the Empire vs. their own shithole bog village.

I don't recall off-hand what your average pleb had to say about the other topics, but regarding the ol' Durr, didn't they mostly parrot the 'he's the enemy, yada yada' - propaganda that the temple had been force-feeding to everyone?

Has all the mods I'd use anyway (unofficial patches etc.), and as far as graphics go... eh, I could go either way. Finding mods that fix the low-res textures etc. but still remain faithful to the original game is tough, so I might as well just pimp it out completely if I'm going to do any pimping at all.

But they are faithful.

DraQ

Arcane

I don't recall off-hand what your average pleb had to say about the other topics, but regarding the ol' Durr, didn't they mostly parrot the 'he's the enemy, yada yada' - propaganda that the temple had been force-feeding to everyone?
Basically it's how it looks like in game, so I don't see any problems with that.

Incidentally, now a game from 2002 looks better than Oblivion and gets damn close to Skyrim too.
You can always go MGE with old assets, just mind that Morrowind environs were designed with limited view distance in mind, so it's good to keep visibility low, even if you use distant land.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You can always go MGE with old assets, just mind that Morrowind environs were designed with limited view distance in mind, so it's good to keep visibility low, even if you use distant land.
What I really want is an option that doesn't necessarily have tons of HDR and bloom and blur everywhere, and keeps the relative simplicity, while also updating the textures and models so they don't look like vomit draped over Ikea furniture. But given hunting through 3000 different mods and installing them and managing all the conflicts, and blah blah, I'll just take the combo.

DraQ

Arcane
What I really want is an option that doesn't necessarily have tons of HDR and bloom and blur everywhere, and keeps the relative simplicity, while also updating the textures and models so they don't look like vomit draped over Ikea furniture. But given hunting through 3000 different mods and installing them and managing all the conflicts, and blah blah, I'll just take the combo.
Well, MGE keeps relative simplicity and I've never had any problems with original assets, pinnochio syndrome aside.
:)

baturinsky

Arcane
Considering Dagoth UR living in 10 minutes from their shithole bog village...

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Considering Dagoth UR living in 10 minutes from their shithole bog village...
Right, and it's a wonder why every peasant farmer doesn't learn the most powerful magic spells with just a few days of time spent training...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom