Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind mods are a fucking jungle

DraQ

Arcane
Is there a mod that removes miscellaneous skills affecting attributes on lvl up?
Wouldn't you end up pretty weak if you did that? That was the worst meta-gaming part of the game.
I'd be pretty happy if you levelled up on misc skills as well as minors and majors.
That would certainly be interesting - but then just remove the distinction altogether?
Well, no, you still have the initial boost, still have learning speed bonuses and Morrowind only improves your skill on success.

Borelli

Arcane
If you train miscellaneous skill from 5 to 15 (very cheap on gold) you get easy +5 attribute boost. It makes you too strong imo. I would like to remove that.

DraQ

Arcane
If you train miscellaneous skill from 5 to 15 (very cheap on gold) you get easy +5 attribute boost. It makes you too strong imo. I would like to remove that.
MW training system is all around borkage. It should be replaced by one working differently (for example having caps on skills not much higher than their starting values and training/skill books being the only way to increase those caps, but not increasing the skills themselves).

Failing that it should have different cost curve.

Either with cost per session drastically increasing as you move away from, say, half of trainer's skill (due to either requiring them to put up with complete noob, or demanding more than just standard training), so noob training would cost you as much as masterful training, and much more than pro training session with you being a pro as well; or with cost being fixed and depending on trainer's skill level (hourly fee model).

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Actually, now that I have a (semi) decent PC, I should be able to run these overhaul mods smoothly. I tried a few years ago but the performance was very poor. I just hope that there's something that fixes the ridiculous leveling system to add on top of it and we'd have a winner.

I have to give credit to Bethesda (where credit is due) that they do not, well, discredit Kirkbride's work*. Even though he's only semi-canon, being, his recent work that's basically fanfic is actually adhered to by Bethesda. That's a good thing and it's nice to see, despite Skyrim being a casual-friendly game, that they want to add some more layers to it. Mostly catering to the Imperial Library's lore-buffs.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/many-headed-talos

*Oblivion lore approach is abandoned in Skyrim, for the most part

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Anyone remember what the name of that mod was where you could build your own Telvanni stronghold and slowly gather more people there, eventually turning it into a small town?

Also, Great House Dagoth vs. Sixth House - which is better and why? I had GHD installed earlier but I never got around to actually giving it a proper try.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yup, that was it. And looks like there's a compatible version with Uvirith's Legacy too, sweet.

"If you steal from another Telvanni, but still live, then clearly you deserve whatever you stole. Murdering your opponents by magic or treachery is the traditional way of settling disputes. If you win, then clearly your argument has more merit."

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Alrighty, been reading the hundred other MW mod threads we have here, and I'm pretty much set now. Except for one thing: are there any quality mods that add anything worthwhile to being a vampire or werewolf? It's been ages since I played as either of those, but iirc the vanilla experience with either of them wasn't that special. Just a few quests specific to the vampire clans and that's it, I think?

hakuroshi

Augur
There was a mod which made you "known werewolf" reputation region-specific and it decayed with a few months. I believe, bloodsucker-fags among modders should have made something, as vanilla experience is indeed lackluster, but I cannot say anything about quality.
I think, werewolves in vanilla Bloodmoon had been done more or less OK, as it provided alternative path of main quest. The ending is unfortunately the same.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah, Regionally Known Criminals did the same with bounties, but I don't feel like trying that again after it gave me a 50,000 bounty for stealing silverware. :lol:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Anyone remember what the name of that mod was where you could build your own Telvanni stronghold and slowly gather more people there, eventually turning it into a small town?

Also, Great House Dagoth vs. Sixth House - which is better and why? I had GHD installed earlier but I never got around to actually giving it a proper try.
See my post earlier in the thread:
Great House Dagoth is much better, sticks to the lore and is pretty consistent with the in-game portrayal of the Sixth House, get that instead
Thought I'd posted a more detailed analysis somewhere. Sixth House is definitely good, but GHD is great.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Great House Dagoth is much better, sticks to the lore and is pretty consistent with the in-game portrayal of the Sixth House, get that instead
Thought I'd posted a more detailed analysis somewhere. Sixth House is definitely good, but GHD is great.

Yup, that seems to be the general consensus on those two. I'll go with GHD for now, but I'll definitely try Sixth House too later - decent evil mods are a rarity.

Edit: Damnation! DarkNut's Greater Dwemer Ruins is incompatible with GHD! :x

There's supposed to be a compatibility patch but of course the only link I could find points to elricm.com which has been dead for a while now.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Started out with a pure mage because I wanted to try Galsiah's character development for once (downloaded BTB initially, but some of those changes it makes are fucking stupid), and damn I'd forgotten how rough the start is - running out of stamina all the time which makes casting a real hit and miss. :lol:

Been so long that I've forgotten where all the easily grabbed loot for beginning characters are, too; I only have a vague recollection of that constant effect ring that's inside one of the tombs near Seyda Neen.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Well, you can pick up that much info in SN itself.

Yeah, still need to make the rounds and talk to everyone properly. LGNPC is all kinds of awesome, makes the wiki conversations a lot less of a drag.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

Yup, that seems to be the general consensus on those two. I'll go with GHD for now, but I'll definitely try Sixth House too later - decent evil mods are a rarity.

Edit: Damnation! DarkNut's Greater Dwemer Ruins is incompatible with GHD! :x

There's supposed to be a compatibility patch but of course the only link I could find points to elricm.com which has been dead for a while now.
There's really no reason to run them together. DGR is there to provide more challenging endgame dungeons and does it really fucking well, so I wholeheartedly recommend it, but there's no point in running it together with GHD even if there is a compatibility patch. You just won't get the benefits of it and I can imagine it makes checking in with your various bosses much more of a pain in the ass.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
There's really no reason to run them together. DGR is there to provide more challenging endgame dungeons and does it really fucking well, so I wholeheartedly recommend it, but there's no point in running it together with GHD even if there is a compatibility patch. You just won't get the benefits of it and I can imagine it makes checking in with your various bosses much more of a pain in the ass.

Yeah obviously going the GHD path would've made some of the GDR content inaccessible, but it might've been neat to see them together in any case. Anyway, decided to skip GHD for now, it's been so long since I last played the MW/TB/BM campaigns that I might as well do it the proper way instead of using some alternate mod paths.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom