Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sad that a patch that just fixes a bunch of bugs is considered a good patch when a bunch of gameplay systems aren't even in place. It's been what, 2 years since this game launched on Steam? and you still can't even finish the main quest as far as I know. This game is utter shit and the devs are complete failures. I've never been so disappointed.
I already finished it twice. I was left sole ruler of the whole world map.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Sad that a patch that just fixes a bunch of bugs is considered a good patch when a bunch of gameplay systems aren't even in place. It's been what, 2 years since this game launched on Steam? and you still can't even finish the main quest as far as I know. This game is utter shit and the devs are complete failures. I've never been so disappointed.
Sounds like you were playing sandbox mode. My main complaint since release has been that you can't complete the main quest in whatever the regular mode is called.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sounds like you were playing sandbox mode. My main complaint since release has been that you can't complete the main quest in whatever the regular mode is called.
You missed my point. In a game like this only "main quest" is to rule over everyone.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You missed my point. In a game like this only "main quest" is to rule over everyone.
This sounds like excusing a broken game to me
Maybe you want to go play Disco Elysium instead. I just cared to slay my enemies and hear lamentations of their women.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If you don't want to play unfinished games, then don't buy ones that are in early access.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
If you don't want to play unfinished games, then don't buy ones that are in early access.
That's why I didn't buy it. Don't be a retard. It's been in early access for two years after nearly a decade in development before that. Stop making excuses for this piece of shit.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
That's why I didn't buy it. Don't be a retard. It's been in early access for two years after nearly a decade in development before that. Stop making excuses for this piece of shit.
Don't get emotionally invested in unfinished products if you can't handle disappointment. Just wait for the final release.

deuxhero

Arcane
Is there a list of the current mods for Bannerlord?
Vanilla friendly:
Butterlib
UIExtenderEx
Harmony
Better Time
Banner Color Persistence (now with BannerPaste)
More Arenas
Detailed Character Creation
Designer225's Miscellaneous Fixes
Serve as Soldier
Helmet Hair Cover Tweaks Continued
Kill Counters
Tournaments XPanded (The Tournament XPerience)

Fargus

Arcane
Looks like modders will have to finish the job as always. More so than with Warband. Warband on itself was a pretty deep game and an enhancement to M&B, but i enjoyed it more with mods like diplomacy or just by playing total conversions. And from what ive gathered by reading the comments and reviews Bannerlord's singleplayer is nowhere near as developed as Warband's, because they focused too much on multiplayer. Maybe they will make an expanded edition to bring it to Warband level.

Gonna play it anyway, it's been long overdue.

I'll just leave this right here

Last edited:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Nice music, and most of the trailer is cavalry owning everyone. :)
I'm sure they'll keep developing the game after release anyway.
Btw, can you enlist as a soldier in this game?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Like in freelancer mod? That would be cool.
Yeah, in warband you could enlist, advance through the ranks and gain levels and experience in a really immersive way. I don't remember if it was a mod or native.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Looks like modders will have to finish the job as always.
Are there any modders left around that care?

From what I've seen there's a few big projects still churning along, based on the usual suspects (Game of Thrones, Warhammer Fantasy and LOTR), but little else cooking. New mods on the Nexus are few and far between, and most of the mods that have been released are largely abandoned because modders couldn't bother to keep up with all the frivolous updates TW kept shitting out that broke mods constantly, on top of their prolonged reluctance to remove many hardcoded limits until they were threatened into doing so or face a boycott.

I don't think there's much of a community left around the game, certainly not one as large and dedicated as there was around Warband, which does not instill much hope into the game's longevity by way of mods.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Interest in this has dropped to 0. They pissed off the singleplayer crowd by constantly breaking mods and generally shoddy design and they pissed off the MP crowd by doing idiotic balance changes nobody asked for. It's a dead gay scam, like all things from Turkey.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
What's really pathetic is that all they basically had to do was remake Warband with prettier graphics and fix some of the more blatant jank, and as the cherry on top make the game easier to mod if they were feeling adventures. If they had done that they would have had another success on their hands, instead of this dead horse they keep beating into a pulp.

Fargus

Arcane
Looks like modders will have to finish the job as always.
Are there any modders left around that care?

From what I've seen there's a few big projects still churning along, based on the usual suspects (Game of Thrones, Warhammer Fantasy and LOTR), but little else cooking. New mods on the Nexus are few and far between, and most of the mods that have been released are largely abandoned because modders couldn't bother to keep up with all the frivolous updates TW kept shitting out that broke mods constantly, on top of their prolonged reluctance to remove many hardcoded limits until they were threatened into doing so or face a boycott.

I don't think there's much of a community left around the game, certainly not one as large and dedicated as there was around Warband, which does not instill much hope into the game's longevity by way of mods.
I'd give it some time after release. Like a year or two to see how things develop. Lots of people bought this game for it die off so easily so i'm sure there will be madlads wanting to improve it. I bet more on multiplayer turning into a half dead playground for the same few hundreds of retards making ugly face characters and enjoying their reindeer games.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interest in this has dropped to 0. They pissed off the singleplayer crowd by constantly breaking mods and generally shoddy design and they pissed off the MP crowd by doing idiotic balance changes nobody asked for. It's a dead gay scam, like all things from Turkey.
No, they pissed MP crowd by patches that just added more and more server crashes and connection issues. In the current version you can't even - I shit you not - play via the official matchmaking because it's completely broken.

And they are talking about entering e-sport lmao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom