Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mystic Land: The Search for Maphaldo - Old school RPG inspired by W7 and EoB

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The second coming of Grimoire

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Hey guys, just a quick note that we pushed the release date for Mystic Land to 2025.

I just don't have the assets needed yet, and I also want the game to be as balanced as it can be (realistically) before it's out.

I also have some (quite serious) health issues I'm dealing with for the last month or so (actually for the last 2 years, but the thing got worse for the last couple of months, so I need to take care of it). That also means that I can't work on my primary job as much as I could, which means less money I can spend on Mystic Land each month.

But rest assured, we are still working on the game, and will continue to do so.

I'll keep you posted with some new screenshots soon (a few great locations were added in the last weeks into the game).

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Pls don't die before releasing the game
Well, I'm not in the hurry to find out what "comes next". :)
So, yeh, I hope I'll live long enough to finish a couple of games, not only Mystic Land ;)

Seriously now, the prognosis for my illness is not "terminal" (at least not yet). It's quite annoying though and symptoms makes it hard to concentrate and work sometimes as well.

But hey. I'm always an optimist, so I'm sure I'll beat this thing and release the game next year ;)

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Thx for keeping us posted, appreciated. But now for more pressing matters, is there going to be Bipennis?

covr

Prophet
Patron
If you need money set up a patronite account. Call me a new school fool, but I would pay monthly fare just to see this game released.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Take care of yourself, first and foremost.

We will still be here, waiting for this. And take your time on this, get this to how you want it to be. We can wait. :salute:

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
If you need money set up a patronite account. Call me a new school fool, but I would pay monthly fare just to see this game released.
Well, I was thinking about going the "Kickstarter" way for awhile, but there were so many scams there lately, that I don't think it would work out and that the game would "hit" any meaningful funding amount.

Thanks for offering to support the project financially though. Much appreciated! And it keeps my morale up knowing there are people eager to play the game.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Take care of yourself, first and foremost.

We will still be here, waiting for this. And take your time on this, get this to how you want it to be. We can wait. :salute:
Thanks! Much appreciated.

Working on Mystic Land is not only fun, it's also a distraction, so I do my best to work on the game each day for at least a little bit.
As I mentioned, I'll soon have a bit of new material to show off. The game is really starting to look the way I imagined it.

Alex

Arcane
Well, I was thinking about going the "Kickstarter" way for awhile, but there were so many scams there lately, that I don't think it would work out and that the game would "hit" any meaningful funding amount.

Thanks for offering to support the project financially though. Much appreciated! And it keeps my morale up knowing there are people eager to play the game.

I disagree. You have a lot of very beautiful screenshots. Add a few gamplay traillers and people will know your game is the real deal. The only thing missing is some way to get people to know about your project.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer

I disagree. You have a lot of very beautiful screenshots. Add a few gamplay traillers and people will know your game is the real deal. The only thing missing is some way to get people to know about your project.
For gameplay video - if you are interested (and missed the original post) then you can check the 10+ minutes gameplay video of Mystic Land (but from alpha version).
You can find it on our Youtube page.

I don't know. You also nailed another problem - marketing and with my (lack of) energy lately, I doubt I would be able to really prepare (market) the campaign as it should be.

We'll see. Maybe in the near future, if I really run out of funds for the game.
For the moment, I can still somewhat fund it myself, just need to be more carefull (spend less on Mystic Land per month), as I can't work as much as I could on my "job projects" that provide the funds for the game (and for rent, food and other important stuff like that :) )

covr

Prophet
Patron
Well, Kickstarter is now mostly about getting ppl to know your product and it is fucking difficult. And you have to deal with a lot of shit, prepare campaign, manage it, and in the end you will have like 100 ppl submitting 20k USD, half would be loss on taxes and fees. That's small gain for such effort.

That's why I suggested patronite to fund part of assets. It does not require a lot of effort, just some transparency every 2-3 months (like thanks to you guys we've bought 5 new monster sprites and some other assets). Your potential fan base is mature and have money.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Well, Kickstarter is now mostly about getting ppl to know your product and it is fucking difficult. And you have to deal with a lot of shit, prepare campaign, manage it, and in the end you will have like 100 ppl submitting 20k USD, half would be loss on taxes and fees. That's small gain for such effort.

That's why I suggested patronite to fund part of assets. It does not require a lot of effort, just some transparency every 2-3 months (like thanks to you guys we've bought 5 new monster sprites and some other assets). Your potential fan base is mature and have money.
For now, I do hope I'll be able to finance development myself.
As long as I can still work on my "work projects", I should be fine. The problem would be if I got even worse and wouldn't be able to continue working in my job.

Because any financing/funding, comes with obligation - even more so (at least for me) when the funds are coming from your fans and future players.
And that would increase my stress levels considerably.
I know there are many projects on KS that are vapourware (read - developers take the money and then just don't finish the project). But I'm really not like that - I don't know how they can live with themselves after doing something like this, but I just couldn't.

So, although I'm not saying no to any of these (Patreon, KS, ...) - I will use them as a last resort, if everything else fails ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom