Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mystic Land: The Search for Maphaldo - Old school RPG inspired by W7 and EoB

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Thanks for a lot of comments about this guys.
We will note down all of them and think about it a bit more.

If anyone has anything else to add - please do so :)

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Your description on both GOG and Steam also has capital letter mini-issues:
Mystic land is a project that started all the way back in 1994 when couple of friends had the idea of creating a fantasy role playing game that would be a mix of best elements from computer FRP games like Wizardry, Might and Magic and Eye of the beholder.
Mystic Land and Eye of the Beholder

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Your description on both GOG and Steam also has capital letter mini-issues:
Mystic land is a project that started all the way back in 1994 when couple of friends had the idea of creating a fantasy role playing game that would be a mix of best elements from computer FRP games like Wizardry, Might and Magic and Eye of the beholder.
Mystic Land and Eye of the Beholder
You're right.
Should be fixed, but on GOG it seems like it doesn't updates right away (after the edit).
Steam seems to be ok now.

Thank you muchly!

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Just a quick video on how you can get the information about the item anywhere the item is shown on the screen.
I was asked about it on Steam Discussions and recorded a quick video showing this.

Sacibengala

Prophet
you can get the information about the item anywhere the item is shown on the screen.
But it compares the items? Like I pass the mouse over an armor in the inventory, it shows side by side the stats of both armors, the one I'm wearing and the one in the inventory? This kind of QoL helps a lot in these kind of games.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
you can get the information about the item anywhere the item is shown on the screen.
But it compares the items? Like I pass the mouse over an armor in the inventory, it shows side by side the stats of both armors, the one I'm wearing and the one in the inventory? This kind of QoL helps a lot in these kind of games.
I agree, that is one of the best QoL features in newer RPGs. On the inventory screen, when you mouse over an item, it also displays the stats of the equipped item side-by-side.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
I agree, that is one of the best QoL features in newer RPGs. On the inventory screen, when you mouse over an item, it also displays the stats of the equipped item side-by-side.
It doesn't do that now, but shouldn't be hard to implement.
So, yeh, we can include this feature as well for the final version.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Entrance to the nasty crypt full of skeletons and corpses... but, you need to explore it!

In just a day or two I will upload a video on how Lockpicking mechanics work. Stay tuned :)

cryptentrance_360.png

Serus

Arcane
Patron
but on GOG it seems like it doesn't updates right away
On GOG they need to verify if the letters are up to their curator standards ...
Yes, those non-inclusive or even worse - fascist letters are everywhere.

SirBlabsAlot

I just came to say that You are doing great work. I love the graphic/art style. Interface also looks usable from what you have shown. Keep it up and don't take as much time to finish it as certain Neanderthal well known on this site did. Good luck.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
As promised, here is a short video that shows lockpicking mechanics.

There are a few basic rules:
1. Don't touch anything "in red state"
2. Match the symbols on the lock
3. Pick the lock

The example shows a lock that is the same difficult level as the highest lockpicking skill in your party.
If your lockpicking skill is lower than lock level, the color transitions are faster and the "time shown" starts to switch from green towards the red.
Also, if you skill is much lower than the lock level, you won't be able to figure out what symbol should be set on the lock (you will see the "?" instead of symbol icon).
Of course, the number of symbols you must match vary from lock to lock (maximum of 6)

And, each lock can also have a deadly trap that triggers if you touch anything while the lock is in the "red state".

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Just posted a small update on Twitter/X.
We're working hard on Mystic Land and the new material will be shown soon (along with the new trailer soon!).

I posted a few screenshots again for now, if anyone missed the old posts.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Here is a new one.
This is how it looks when you "browse" the loot containers (chests, bags, ...)

Chest / Bag contents (items / gold) are on top (8 slots) and there is a "party backpack" inventory at the bottom.

We'll probably include the "Take all" button as well a bit later.

loot-360.png

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
A question for all of you.
Would you be interested in 10-15 minute long video of gameplay at the start of the game? For example, first couple of fights, a bit of exploring and first chest or two?
Just to show how the game is coming together?

Or do you prefer to explore yourselves and rather just see small videos (that show particular mechanic) and screenshots?

Also. Given that Mystic Land will offer quite a few different areas (with different graphics as well) - would you still like us to show screenshots from later areas or, again, do you prefer to not see those areas until you will find them in the game (in which case we would show screenshots / videos from first couple of areas only).

We just talked about this today and would like to know your thoughts about it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No videos. Text tutorials.

I don't mind screens from several areas, just don't spoil them all. Maybe half, just to show different sorts of biomes.

Edit: If you mean YouTbe videos, sure, why not?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
1st option is ok for me.
Checking out at least part of Youtube gameplay video is pretty much standard operatin procedure for me before a purchase.

Will that video include character creation?

Sacibengala

Prophet
gameplay videos are needed to attract new people to the game, so some random gameplay showing the fluidity of it without spoilers would be great.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Would you be interested in 10-15 minute long video of gameplay at the start of the game? For example, first couple of fights, a bit of exploring and first chest or two?
Just to show how the game is coming together?

Yes, definitely. I'm sure I'm not the only one around who would really like to see some legit (largely) unedited gameplay footage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom