Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    C
    B

^ Top  
  2. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    She is not a mage so she does not know how to communicate with you the way the Faceless Man did. She can still send you images if you are in danger though. If you want to talk to her you will have to teach her how to use the bracelets. It will take a few days at least. I will add it as an option.

Just out of curiosity. Will you try to hire every female enemy I throw at you? ;)

What if I told you that those two Oneiroi you are turning over to the Pathfinders are women?

She does not know how to communicate with you. She can hear everything you say and see everything around you but she lacks the Faceless Man's abilities. As I mentioned you can try to help her learn how to fully use the bracelets but there may be downsides to that as well.

Derryth is not hostile to her or anything. And it would be reasonably safe to assume that she is not hostile to you (given that you saved her life) though you would need to properly communicate to get beyond that.

Only if you want to let her in your head though.

Well, she could always be lying. :smug:

Lyssa is not a 'friend' yet and necromancy is a death sentence. It is because you have both been so 'compromised' yourselves that you are so willing to give her a chance. Most people would throw her off the roof. Gareth probably would for example. Bari certainly would if he ever found out. And that is to just name two.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Now wait a second!

...Are they?!

How come this critical bit of information wasn't disclosed first? Good thing we instinctively chose to spare them so they would be available for lesbomancy hire later.

Do we know which ones?

At the very least, it would be nice to try and calm her down if she can hear what we say. I imagine she is a bit, shall we say, perplexed about her new condition.

Yeah, no. No way. If she said she was a necromancer - and that is a death sentence around these parts - she has no reason to hold anything back.

Bari is an XTREME case, and as for Gareth, he fought those horrors himself, so of course he is a bit... 'touchy'... when it comes to the followers of the Soulblighter. I imagine Christine, Amena and maybe Serpent and Brigit would be more willing to give her a chance.

Of our inner circle, who Thais thinks she can trust with that information?

^ Top  
  4. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    She might be able to do some of the things the Faceless Man could. It is hard to say what he left behind. One easy example though is that right now you can take the bracelets off if you want. She can not force them to stay on because she does not know how. If you did though it would be extremely upsetting for her, it would be like having all of your senses snuffed out at once and plunged into true nothingness.

Derryth and Thaïs have already had that talk with... or actually to her. You don't know if it helped since she can not respond.

If you say so...

Here is what Derryth and Thaïs think:

Christine: They both agree that she will not care. She has lived her whole life underground and has had no experience with necromancers. She also worshiped a Dark Goddess for most of her life...

Amena: Much like Christine she has no experience with necromancy and she was raised by a Fetch. They both think she will be fine with it.

Brigit: Thaïs thinks that Brigit would be able to look past the whole necromancy thing. Derryth think Brigit would probably reject Lyssa even if she does not try to kill her.

Serpent: Derryth thinks Serpent might be able to understand. Thaïs thinks he would be against the idea of Lyssa joining up.

Neither or them is one hundred percent sure though.

Current Tally:

Show Spoiler
    Zero Credibility C,B,A
    asxetos C,B,x
    Nevill C,B,A
    Kz3r0 C,B,A
    Jester C,B,x
    Smashing Axe A>C, A>B, C>A
    Grimgravy C,B,A
    Baltika9 C,B,A
    archaen C,A,A

A) 1 vote
    B)
    C) 8 votes

A) 2 votes
    B) 7 votes
    C)
    D)

A) 6 votes
    B)
    C) 1 vote

Last edited: May 30, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Yeah, she should keep quiet (or better, make up a good story) for everyone else, and so should Derryth and Thaïs. Don't tell this to anyone else in our circle, the more people know the easier it is for it to get out even if they are ok with it.

^ Top  
  6. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    A>C - Heh. I know C is going to win without even looking at the votes.

A>B - Hell yes. Why not? We need some prestige

C>A - She's evil. Or something. Don't trust her. Keep her as a servant. Serves her right for working for those guys. It's poetic justice.

^ Top  
  7. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    My heart bleeds for you, bro. You never get to do anything fun.

3A.

^ Top  
  8. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    You guys were so close to torturing that mayor for no reason. Why couldn't you just let Derryth become crazy paranoid? :(

Edit: Also I don't get why you guys are voting B instead of A. Fear for the Biliku and Uttu? Ceannard himself said we should start giving them responsibilities and exposing them to combat. They're warriors. And we could use all the martial support we can get.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    ^ Top  
  9. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    3A.

If The Faceless Man couldn't do anything funny without our consent is even less likely that she will manage to be a danger to us in any form or manner.

^ Top  
  10. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    CBA, I think Derryth and Thais ought to be the face of our Circle.

^ Top  
  12. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    CAA. Who knows what killing her with the necklaces on would do. Even if we want her gone we have to keep her close until we figure them out completely.

We teach Caoilinn to take over the life saving duties of faceless and keep her soul around and sane. Her soul may have some sort of sympathy with the body Faceless is currently occupying and could come in useful.

^ Top  
  13. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    The vote will close in thirteen hours or so. The update, as usual, will come twelve to sixteen hours after that.

Current Tally:

Show Spoiler
    Zero Credibility C,B,A
    asxetos C,B,A
    Nevill C,B,A
    Kz3r0 C,B,A
    Jester C,B,x
    Smashing Axe A>C, A>B, C>A
    Grimgravy C,B,A
    Baltika9 C,B,A
    archaen C,A,A

A) 1 vote
    B)
    C) 8 votes

A) 2 votes
    B) 7 votes
    C)
    D)

A) 7 votes
    B)
    C) 1 vote

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    3A for me too.

^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Hm.

I wonder if our status of a 'hero' would help or harm our deal with Meyer.

Only one way to find out, it seems.

^ Top  
  16. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    He is a businessman and he can exploit our hero status for profit. I am pretty sure he will be happy.

^ Top  
  17. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Maybe. Meyer does not seem to be the kind that would miss on an opportunity just because there is danger involved.

Fangshi, I am not sure I got Lyssa's story right.
    From what she is saying, the village she lived in survived, seeing how there were villagers left to refuse to help her. So what exactly did she do? As I understood, she went to become the witch's apprentice, but how did she raise an army in the middle of her village with all the people around, and what did she do with her, ah, new tools? What did she mean by saying she had them 'work abandoned properties'? How did necromancy improve things for her, at least initially, as she claims?

^ Top  
  18. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    As i understand it, she lived on a farm outside the village and, after her relatives/neighbors died in the raid, she learned necromancy from the witch and raised them to work the farms.

^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Ah. I forgot about the farm part, since it was several updates ago. Makes sense.

^ Top  
  20. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Alright, the vote is closed.

You will forgive/accept Lyssa, you will embrace your role as a target 'a hero' but only you and your friend will go, and you will help Caoilainn learn to control the bracelets.

The update should be out in twelve hours or so.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Too late to the party I guess. Oh well. The only part I would've voted differently on is that I'd have brought along the whole crew. :M

^ Top  
  22. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Oh, and the fun part begins when Derryth, Thaïs and Lyssa work together on concocting a false background for Lyssa.

And yes, killing her would probabyl be BAD because of the necklaces.

^ Top  
  23. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    If we cant handle half of dwarven kingdom we dont deserve to be a mage.

^ Top  
  24. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    We already burned down half of their capital without even trying, the whole kingdom will be no big deal.:obviously:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Was thinking about military forces instead of non resisting buildings still its good enough.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.