Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Gerrard

Arcane
Anyone know if Endless Consumption (or whatever the triple Life Steal proc was called) has a cooldown?
Apparently it has no cooldown and procs like 40-50% of the time. Haven't tested myself yet, but I did pick it.

Xenich

Cipher
Let me clear this whole retarded P2Win argumet and sweep it under the rug where it deserves to be.

If you buy any form of advantage in game, it is pay to win. Simple as that. You can argue whetever it is relevant, whetever it is important, whetever it gives advantage all you want, all the day you want. But when you put in money and gain advantage in the game, you participiate in the pay to win scheme. It might not be against another player, but it is ultimately against you.

You practically pay for cheats in all intents and purposes. If the game is built around paying for that, good for you. But don't try to pretend you stand on a high ground.

Yep, but over time people have manipulated the meaning of it so they can feel justified in their acceptance of it.

Xenich

Cipher
Neverwinter Headed to Consoles

Perfect World Co., Ltd is a Beijing-based MMO company and the owner of Perfect World Entertainment. The company’s CEO Xiao Hong just confirmed to Chinese gaming media 17173.com that Cryptic Studios will develop Neverwinter’s console version.

Xiao didn’t tell which console Neverwinter will be released on, and he said Perfect World Beijing was also preparing for the development of console MMOs. Perfect World acquired Cryptic in 2011 and then announced Neverwinter would be made into a full-fledged free-to-play MMORPG.

Not surprised, it always felt like console trash anyway. I guess this direction has been there since the start. It seemed odd that they made such a limited control system to the game, but when you think about it being made for a console, it makes perfect sense.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Disruptive Shot makes for excellent Fomorian finishers:

9zTFwOc.jpg

VoyFQU9.jpg

Xenich

Cipher
You know, I am totally sorry. I didn't realize this was a thread devoted to fanbois teabagging each other over how fantastic this game is.

I am truly sorry, carry on.

Vaarna_Aarne

Nah we just stopped giving a shit about you when it was clear you'd never even played the game, much less understand the basics of any sort of game design.

Xenich

Cipher
Nah we just stopped giving a shit about you when it was clear you'd never even played the game, much less understand the basics of any sort of game design.

Or, I Alpha/Beta'd the game, and rather followed the game before PWE bought it out and PTW/Tardsolized it and you guys are too busy sucking the sweat off the nuts of your fag hero game to accept that it is nothing more than a retard paradise of PTW and moronic face rolling game play.

Sorry little one. Pissants like you are the problem with the industry.

Xenich

Cipher
Pissants like you are the problem with the industry.

I would say pissants like you are the problem with the RPG Codex ...

Is it because I pulled off the kiddie gloves after the fanbois decided to come in and tell me to "fuck off" because I gave an opinion on the game that doesn't fit within their rose tinted glasses? I guess it offends you when people give opinions about games you like. Yep, Codex should be a place where everyone prattles on about how fucking awesome every game is and how none of them can do wrong.

subotaiy

Cipher
Just ignore that Varnaaa guy(either advertising for PWE/Cryptic or brain attrophied by playing their mmos) and his 2 buddies, whose posts make 90% of this thread.
This "game" is the perfect example of f2p cash grab; the devs don't even give a fuck, there are bugged dungeons/class mecanics unfixed for months.

Xenich

Cipher
Just ignore that Varnaaa guy(either advertising for PWE/Cryptic or brain attrophied by playing their mmos) and his 2 buddies, whose posts make 90% of this thread.
This "game" is the perfect example of f2p cash grab; the devs don't even give a fuck, there are bugged dungeons/class mecanics unfixed for months.

Done.

Sad about the game though. Cryptic's initial design of the game was actually pretty cool until PWE came along and turned it into an MMO garbage fest.

Drakron

Arcane
Is it because I pulled off the kiddie gloves after the fanbois decided to come in and tell me to "fuck off" because I gave an opinion on the game that doesn't fit within their rose tinted glasses ?

No, its because you insist on going on and on and on about how much it sucks and how right you are.

I guess it offends you when people give opinions about games you like.

You arent offering opinions.
I am now guilty of this but why exactly are you here? I mean this inst a generalist tread and its devoted to Neverwinter Online that unsurprising will have the people that play it going to talk about it, I dont go around to treads about certain games and insist they suck and everyone that likes that game is a dumbass, I might give my opinion stay and then leave because why would I be there other just annoy the other people there for the reason of annoying the people there?

Yep, Codex should be a place where everyone prattles on about how fucking awesome every game is and how none of them can do wrong.

The Codex is not a place were everything sucks and you are a dumbass because you like a certain, or should I say, any game, it might now give that impression due to edigy kids that think critism is just saying how everything sucks.

The Codex negativity come from the journey of the shift of RPGs into ACTION RPGs and then console RPGs, people were jadded because we are old and see it, yet its not a fucking excuse to go around like a emo kid saying everything sucks.

Arcks

Educated
I guess any game can attract fandom as long you insert shitty action combat and enough carrots in it. Preferably ones you can get daily. And with money.
Drakron said:
The Codex negativity come from the journey of the shift of RPGs into ACTION RPGs and then console RPGs, people were jadded because we are old and see it, yet its not a fucking excuse to go around like a emo kid saying everything sucks.

Eh, decline of mmorpg genre doesn't actually differ much from decline of RPGs. From UO to this "MMO""RPG".

Xenich

Cipher
I guess any game can attract fandom as long you insert shitty action combat and enough carrots in it. Preferably ones you can get daily. And with money.
Drakron said:

Eh, decline of mmorpg genre doesn't actually differ much from decline of RPGs. From UO to this "MMO""RPG".

Pretty much. In fact, there are numerous similarities in direction between them.

Vaarna_Aarne

So, how is the F2P aspect nowadays? Comparing to STO which was p. much perfect.
Well, there's a couple of companions in the store that can have a noticiable effect on Control Wizard, though since AD Exchange has been in a slight downward momentum they can be more affordable in the future.

The main store items still remain at the Respec tokens (now 300 Zen) and higher tier mounts (account-wide, so you really only need one). It seems that the generally high prices were calculated since there's now a rotatory weekly sale which is generally 25-33% off on the items on sale (one mount + one service + one companion is the usual array), so they're really just "selling discounts" there.

Beyond that I'd say it's a bit better than STO in this regard that there's not as much stuff like STO's vast ship selection in the cash shop. There's certainly a lot less temptations to deal with on the cash side due to how much easier Astral Diamonds are to acquire than Dilithium, so the fully set account can afford most things without effort (ie, my account can currently buy an Augment companion once per week with passive cashflow alone).

Vaarna_Aarne

So guys, all in all who's got time for a DDelve this weekend?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom