Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New exclusive The Black Hound info released!

:shock:

So...exactly how tyte is the Aliens RPG going to be? :wink:

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
bat_boro said:
LeStryfe79 said:
I think she did that Tiefling merchant in Samarach and Chir the evil Gnome wizard. Nothing dramatic to be sure, but her characterizations were good anyway. She showed a decent range with her roles, and if I'm not mistaken, she has a bit of theatre XP.

You mean the one that always said something like "fly back soon, pretty bird" in the end of the conversation?

That was some good piece of voice acting, methinks

/humble bow

Yes that was me, Vadin'ya and Chir were my big roles, but I did some other scattered crap. Actually I did the Madwoman and Child voices for MotB too (and scratched my throat the fuck up for them, so proudly I trumpet my involvement in such). But thank you very kindly for the regard. And yeah, I acted back in the day, and before I got into games I wanted to be a voice actress. But many heartfelt thanks for the complements!

If Josh wants my voice in Black Hound, I'm totally down (and I imagine I could get Mitsoda in on that as well) - but Josh himself not only has access to some damn talented people, he's a very talented actor as well. RECOGNIZE! :D

J.E. Sawyer

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
I appreciate all the help I can get, but I'm going to skip any/all voice acting for The Black Hound. And contrary to that dialogue running on my laptop may indicate, pretty much all of the conversations will be "NWN1-style" conversations with narrative prose inserted, Torment-style.

It's pretty wordy and OLD STYLE, but I think that's the most practical way for me to achieve the highest level of quality. Hope you like WORDS: THE GAME.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
J.E. Sawyer said:
If you want the next gen of that keyboard style, I recommend the Das Keyboard Ultimate.

http://daskeyboard.com/

Pros only.

This is the official Nietzsche-approved keyboard for Übermensch.

J.E. Sawyer said:
I appreciate all the help I can get, but I'm going to skip any/all voice acting for The Black Hound.

It's pretty wordy and OLD STYLE, but I think that's the most practical way for me to achieve the highest level of quality. Hope you like WORDS: THE GAME.

Words? :blink: What are these words you speak of? Are they those things that make me go unconscious when I see them?

bat_boro

Arcane
Dear mister Sawyer,
Please tell me this Alien RPG is going to kick ass and we're gonna love it more than we love ourselves. That and we're going to get some serious info in the next few months!

Please and thank you!

Annie Carlson said:
/humble bow

Yes that was me, Vadin'ya and Chir were my big roles, but I did some other scattered crap. Actually I did the Madwoman and Child voices for MotB too (and scratched my throat the fuck up for them, so proudly I trumpet my involvement in such). But thank you very kindly for the regard. And yeah, I acted back in the day, and before I got into games I wanted to be a voice actress. But many heartfelt thanks for the complements!

Dead Annie
You have a pretty hot voice :lol:

On a serious note, I always thought that the voice of the Child was that of a male child, so it seems you have quite a talent for voice acting

denizsi

Arcane
And contrary to that dialogue running on my laptop may indicate... Hope you like WORDS: THE GAME.

Reading that message as if it was posted somewhere NOT-Codex, I had these images pop up in my mind:

poster05ef2.jpg

ca5bf32b.jpg

prop3ld1.png

From the good ol' Soviet propaganda posters thread, of course.

J.E. Sawyer

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
denizsi said:
I want to get a big book with the title HISTORY that's like 5,000 pages long.

It can be like those huge grimoires from whatever that game with huge grimoires hanging from chains was.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
J.E. Sawyer said:
I appreciate all the help I can get, but I'm going to skip any/all voice acting for The Black Hound. And contrary to that dialogue running on my laptop may indicate, pretty much all of the conversations will be "NWN1-style" conversations with narrative prose inserted, Torment-style.

Somehow that statement reminds me of this:
http://dumpalink.com/videos/Comedy-When ... -bcb2.html

Jason

chasing a bee
but I'm going to skip any/all voice acting for The Black Hound
Thank fucking god. Voice acting is the bane of all mods.

Now enough about keyboards, what about the game? Will we see it in 2009? What sort of playtime are you aiming for (4 hours, 10 hours, 20 hours)?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

J.E. Sawyer

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
baby arm said:
Now enough about keyboards, what about the game? Will we see it in 2009? What sort of playtime are you aiming for (4 hours, 10 hours, 20 hours)?
If you do see it in 2009, it will be late 2009. I'm not sure on the gameplay length. More than 10 hours. Beyond that, I honestly have no idea.

Worm King

Scholar
Annie Carlson said:
bat_boro said:
LeStryfe79 said:
I think she did that Tiefling merchant in Samarach and Chir the evil Gnome wizard. Nothing dramatic to be sure, but her characterizations were good anyway. She showed a decent range with her roles, and if I'm not mistaken, she has a bit of theatre XP.

You mean the one that always said something like "fly back soon, pretty bird" in the end of the conversation?

That was some good piece of voice acting, methinks

/humble bow

If Josh wants my voice in Black Hound, I'm totally down (and I imagine I could get Mitsoda in on that as well) - but Josh himself not only has access to some damn talented people, he's a very talented actor as well. RECOGNIZE! :D

The tiefling voice was seductive and hot as hell :cool:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, however the mod turns out, I'm always glad to see a game designer passionate about his craft. Bravo good sir!

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
It would be cool if Josh restricted most of the camera movement, and forced people to play TBH from an isometric perspective. Not only would that keep the "old style" flavor, but it would remove 20% of the area design work as well. Pathing issues would be ass, but somehow I doubt anyone would care.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
The load screens got out of hand on SoZ. I don't think anybody liked the OM encounters, at least not the generic ones. The key to any engine is knowing its limitations. Just having a good idea and then doing the best you can with it doesn't always work...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom