Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New free form RPG: Legend

stargelman

Scholar
thesheeep said:
Come on guys. Give em a chance!
Hey, we're being super nice! We're giving them the benefit of the doubt*!

*) we doubt it'll be any good!

denizsi

Arcane
I'm merely suggesting that the immediate response shouldn't be hostile. How does it help anything when the first reactions are that it's "unbalanced, programmed by newbs and dev-star wannabes".

Let's see again:

Putting the Depth back into RPGs.

How is this any different than tons of other retarded PR catch-phrases, like "redefining the genre", "carrying the genre over to next-gen" etc.? Pretentious and over-ambitious without a foundation: usually traits of morons.

b) Immersive storytelling, emotion & action

What is immersive storytelling? All I can imagine is that maybe (speculating now) all the narration and dialogues will be carried out real-time. Who's to say who finds what more immersive between real-time VO dialogue and reading texts? I guess I should be happy that they didn't write "emotional cinematic experience".

* Huge Regional Game World of Taos; 32 square kilometres of numerous terrain & environment types

Who gives a shit? How much of that will have actual locations, like towns, cities, what have you; or how big a regular town, etc. is, that's what I'd be more interested to know. That said, I get the vibe that this means, the game will be be pretty much a TES-copycat gameworld-wise.

* 'First of its Kind' Dynamic Music System follows the Player through environments, atmosphere & action triggers

Either explain what exactly makes your system that different, warranting a necessity to call it "first of its kind" as opposed to many games which have that kind of thing, or shut the hell up.

* Unique and powerful Barter Trade system with regional pricing in a dynamic live economy

See above.

Mind blowing atmosphere, graphics and weather effects powered by Trinigy 'Vision'

Don't you say?

Also see VD's link. Those guys also have sounded quite over-ambitious as well. All talk - no walk. I'm calling bullshit with a deliberate hostility (but not blind hatred) at anyone spewing out big meaningless words without anything to show first as I think that's what they deserve and if anyone is too weak to be axed by such negativity, then they probably shouldn't step into the realms of game development at all.

Zetor

Arcane
Well, there seems to be an overabundance of games called "Legend" or "Legend of x"... they need to adopt a numbering system or something. This game came to mind when I first saw the thread... and there are about eighty billion other games with similar titles, I bet.

-- Z.

RGE

Liturgist
Lingwe said:
My opinion is hinging upon what the FUCK "Maelor" and the "Law of Attraction" is. I'm assuming it has nothing to do with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction

It is a computer game after all so they can put whatever crazy stuff they want in it. We aren't able to use magic in real life but that doesn't stop almost every RPG including it in some way or another.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. It might even be interesting, in that violent players will get confronted with an increasing amount of violence, talky players will end up with a lot of quests that need to be completed through talking, and so on.

addiktive said:
Feel it. The most important action you can do, is when you are focusing or talking about your goals, is to 'feel' like you have already achieved them. This takes practice, but is ultimately the most powerful method.
I've already mastered this part. Have you seen my awesome NWN module? No? Me neither. Well, I've seen it in my mind, and I've felt how awesome it is, but I haven't been able to actually play it. Which is ultimately ok, because I've already felt the joy of having played it. Though it would be kind of neat if I could share it with others. Maybe if I lay down on my couch and visualize a bit more...

Or do I need people that work on my visualizations, like addiktive has? :P

HardCode

Erudite
Zetor said:
Well, there seems to be an overabundance of games called "Legend" or "Legend of x"... they need to adopt a numbering system or something. This game came to mind when I first saw the thread... and there are about eighty billion other games with similar titles, I bet.

-- Z.

Prolly because there is no copyright on media titles.

Sykoi

Novice
Been following this thread and decided to show something i just recently found: a few pics of some wip in-game stuff on their gamedev.net recruitment post, looks good, but i agree that their marketing is kinda funny xD ( http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums ... _id=464166 ) :

tunnelingameuq5.jpg

tunnelingame2br8.jpg

rhinoingamefs4.jpg

denizsi

Arcane
You registered just to post this? Nice of you to do. Where is my parallax, normal and thingamajig mapping and other shader effects on the cave surfaces? The beast look boring too. At least they're showing some actual content or so it seems, however insignificant these look on their own.

denizsi

Arcane
That's subliminal environmental design; you know you're getting yourself into some shit by going there in the game, but you just can't tell why exactly.

denizsi

Arcane
I've loved that film back when I was a kid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom