Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline New King's Quest game - MASSIVE DECLINE Everything is shit

The tiny Epilogue is "is TRACKING for release this year." The first chapter came out in July of last year, and they can't even bring a tiny Epilogue out before year's end?

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Literally no one cares about the epilogue. Least of all the developers, I'm sure. I bet they want to finish up this shitshow and move on to something they actually enjoy.

Bt

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
At last, our long national nightmare has come to an end. Now, perhaps, I can be properly sad about how bungled this was. Sigh. What a *poof* of an ending - I mean, really, nary a ripple. At one point, years ago, I had hopes for a commercial King's Quest again.

Bt

Boleskine

Arcane
http://www.hero-u.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=4724

Re: New QFG possible?

by Corey » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 pm

I talked with a developer from Brazil who would like to produce new Quest for Glory games. His lawyer contacted Activision, but was told that they have no interest in licensing the series.

That doesn't answer whether Activision will decide to make a deal with a company such as The Odd Gentlemen to continue the series. But as far as I know, there are no current plans or thoughts about doing that.

When another group contacted Sierra about two years ago, they said they were waiting to see whether the new King's Quest series was successful. I haven't read any numbers on whether it was successful or not.

Old news, but Activision never gave new KQ or reanimated Sierra a chance. They just wanted Telltale money and used "if KQ is successful we'll bring back more Sierra properties" to bait the nostalgia junkies and modern casuals.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Yeah, they really botched up the Sierra revival hard by overestimating the name impact vs. the size of the audience that likes these games. Also, designing the games for console was a fuck-up on a colossal scale. In the end, they didn't know who the fuck their market was, and they bit it - hard.

Bt

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Done with the game. Couldn't even play the epilogue I was waiting for because it's not included in my version of the game and devs never fixed that. Guess what, though? I don't really care one bit.

Holy crap, this game. I swear to god there's like couple of hours tops of content that's actually somewhat creative original not a COMPLETE rip-off that doesn't just rely on "Hey man, remember King's Quest? You're probably too young to remember, but we'll still reference the living shit out of it and recycle whatever we can". Story? Puzzles? Mediocre and perfect for current gen, but not offensively horrible. Aside from the emotional finale which really resonated more on a personal level for me based on my own grandfather and what he went through. I especially lost it with the puzzle section at the end where you have to choose between poisoned chalices. What little ideas they had for the game they must've run out of entirely in the last chapter.

Good riddance to all the opinions on Steam.

RapineDel

Augur
It's ridiculous how long they took to get this out given I've played 1 man projects that are more interesting then this. The sad thing is, as poor as it was it was still slightly better then I expected from Activision after seeing the trailer.

Got the sense that the devs at least wanted to make something reasonably faithful but Activision dug their claws in and made QTE/action puzzles mandatory so the whole thing became butchered. Cannot stand episodic adventure games either, rather then getting a full experience where you need to use your brain all the areas are way too tiny for you to ever get stuck. Modern adventures also have a habit of having barely any items to examine (outside items you can pick up) which makes every new screen a useless background rather then feeling like an actual world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom