Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

Iucounu

Educated
Will this be as gay as BG3?
That's not enough to stand out, you must surpass the competition:

- Add a hot romanceable girl, revealed to be trans at the end of the game (too predictable?).

- Let siblings romance each other. If this is considered taboo, start with half-siblings.

- Let Liara bring Shepard's dead body back to life in an extended sex cutscene. If this is considered taboo, soften the impact with spiritual mumbo-jumbo about Shepard's living soul, implants still being "alive", etc.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Patrick Weekes is also Bioware veteran. And? That's make Dreadwolf better?

Rqo--_6Z_400x400.jpg

Caim

Arcane
That's not enough to stand out, you must surpass the competition:

- Add a hot romanceable girl, revealed to be trans at the end of the game (too predictable?).

- Let siblings romance each other. If this is considered taboo, start with half-siblings.

- Let Liara bring Shepard's dead body back to life in an extended sex cutscene. If this is considered taboo, soften the impact with spiritual mumbo-jumbo about Shepard's living soul, implants still being "alive", etc.
One of your romance options is Liara's daughter, which she got from her canonically raping Shepard right before the final run to the ending.

Oh yeah, Shep/Liara is now canon.

DA:I is less gay than BG3, but also more boring.

Also, don't forget how effeminate the men were in this game. I even remember that you could come across a hut where it was very carefully emphasized that it was the man who was spinning.
Yeah but on the other hand, you had Cassandra, who iirc is straight and wants to be courted in the trad way. You can make her the next pope too lol

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Also, don't forget how effeminate the men were in this game. I even remember that you could come across a hut where it was very carefully emphasized that it was the man who was spinning.
Yeah but on the other hand, you had Cassandra, who iirc is straight and wants to be courted in the trad way. You can make her the next pope too lol

Yes. Josephine was nice too.

But you know what? In healthy people, positive memories crowd out negative ones for the good of our psyche. You remember the girls, but you forgot how Bull wanted to fuck a dragon, how embarrassing the song was during moving to the castle, how much the power of women was emphasized and how often Dorian repeated that he was homosexual. And, my personal favorite, Sera The Lesbian Molester.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Sure you can say how Cassandra and her God awful voice was cringe trad wife (who shouldn't be the pope at all, retarded choice), but they made her look like even a bigger dyke between DA2 and DA:I

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Sure you can say how Cassandra and her God awful voice was cringe trad wife (who shouldn't be the pope at all, retarded choice), but they made her look like even a bigger dyke between DA2 and DA:I

Prince charming, huh?

Also, don't forget how effeminate the men were in this game.
Aren't you an accredited homosexual?

No. I'm a cute heterosexual male. Girls simply likes me, and I like them :D

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Leliana even in origins was a hedonist whore, one of those fake "born again christians" after decades living the most disgusting life possible.

Anyone who played into her "repented girl side" in hopes of changing her for good shouldn't have expected anything, even in origins. These people always use that as their last resort when their lifestyle catches up to them.

By wanting strong independent atheist "religious" woman in their game, they unintentionally made a pretty good point with her character. Unless you killed her, of course.

Bulo

Scholar
I don't know about that. In a universe in which alien life is normalised, it makes sense to have a great, unknowable threat to tickle the imagination. Unfortunately the Reapers were not that

Kiste

Augur

DA:I has a gay companion that looks like Freddy Mercury and his whole quest line revolves around his father trying to subject him to gay conversion therapy via blood magic, and Freddy whines about it all the time.

The game even retconned the Qunari into being totally accepting of transgenderism, even though their whole society is based on ultra-strict sex roles. I guess Qunari females can now just self-identify out of their oppression.

Does BG3 lean anywhere near as heavily into such explicitly message-laden content?

Last edited:

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Yeah its pretty much worse than that. As I recall DA:I had a more robust selection of companions though so...maybe that had a higher saturation? Probably pretty on par. In BG3 you get zero playable npc characters (that I have seen so far) who are not affected in some way by lgbt++/gender politics/modern progressive values. No male fighters that are sane, all women. No female rogues or softies, they all men.

Pretty sure there were a few normies in DA:I? Cant remember tbh.

Edit:whoops post got snaked. I was responding to skinwalker above.

Double ed: actually sorry I meant Falksi. Profile pics look the same.

Last edited:

Kiste

Augur
I've not played BG3 yet, but DA:I was homo city and a vile incarnation of a game. No way BG3 can seriously be worse than that? Bull and his cronies wouldn't shut the fuck up about trying to bum things.

BG3 has the gays and it has a drag queen, it has all the gender and pronoun nonsense in character creation that one might expect in current year and it also has pansexual companions who all want to fuck you, even if you're an animal like Half-Orc or Dragonborn.

But in BG3 this stuff is... just there. The game doesn't really dwell on it or get preachy about it like DA:I does, where you've got Dorian and his gay conversion story and Krem and the Bull giving you an outright lecture on transgenderism.

There is also a difference in tone. During the Iron Bull homo romance, DA:I veers into BDSM shit with all sort of "educational" talk about trust and being safe and having a safe word. It's all very serious and very correct in explicitly affirming that yes does in fact mean yes.

How does BG3 handle BDSM shit? You meet some degenerate religious zealot, a follower of Loviatar, who's into self-flagellation and you can volunteer to have him have a go at you while your companions make humorous comments and jokes about the whole scene and the degenerate is giving a hilariously camp performance of being in total ecstasy while he inflicts pain on you. The whole thing is very tongue-in-cheek and pretty funny, hell, you even get a permanent buff as a reward if you pass all the ability checks.

I find the degeneracy much more palpable in BG3 than in DA:I, mainly because it's not handled in such a serious manner and it never puts this stuff as explicitly at the front and center like DA:I does.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom