Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Old Republic Trailer!

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
The trailer was gud. And it'll probably be the only gud thing about this game.

Also, this main bad dudeguy is *totally* not a recycled Malak. No sir.

kris

Arcane
Must say the comments to that video was on the point. They liked the CG, but most seemed to understand and commented that they game would be nothing like it. With comments like "Nice action CG, but the real game will be; attack... wait... attack... wait".

denizsi

Arcane
Whoever Bioware had to have this video made, they should be making a Star Wars animated series.

Krokar

Scholar
Darth Roxor said:
Also, this main bad dudeguy is *totally* not a recycled Malak. No sir.

Looks more like Vader without the helmet.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I assume the actual in-game graphics are nothing like that trailer.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

That looked so fucking sweet! That looked so fucking sweet.

Shameless Star Wars nerd here. The Sith Lord Revan attacking the Jedi Council, a female Mandalorian bounty hunter assisting him by crashing a ship onto the council, if that is not the epitome of WIN for a Star Wars fanboy, I do not know what is!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I mean holy fucking shit.

Holy fucking shit.

That is really the greatest Star Wars trailer I have seen.

My Star Wars orgasm level is peaking beyond known levels.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Wyrmlord said:
LightSaber_Purple.png

JrK

Prophet
He's a cross between Malak and Vader of course. Mouthpiece of Malak which looks like the lowest part of the Vader mask, as well as having lots of robotic stuff around his entire body.

One thing that irks me: this is a time way way before the empire and its tie fighters and star destroyers, but the ships look exactly like them. The whole movie reeks of Bioware being not creative at all.

Raapys

Arcane
They must have spent more time working on that trailer than on the game itself.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That was a pretty fucking sweet CG trailer, other than obvious evil bad guy is obvious.

Sadly the game play will be nothing like the trailer. Grind, Grind, Grind, lewt! Repeat!

Funny how this has better art direction than the prequels. The main baddie being a badass is a nice return to the glory days of Star Wars instead of all these pansy bitches who pick on those weaker than themselves just to feel good about themselves, at least this guy has some proper skill.

yeah ok, so it shows no gameplay but that's good too, particularly at this early stage where the gameplay probably isn't ready for public viewing. Personality can be very interesting and profitable too. The meet the cast shorts certainly helped TF2 a lot, plus they were comedy gold and Robin says that they had a good bit of influence on the animations and unlocks.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The lightsabre combat in that trailer looks pretty dumb. They are swinging them around like some kind of broadswords when they are supposed to have no weight. The only parts I liked about it was the Bounty hunter segments. Those were ok.

The game will be shit by the way.

Inziladun

Magister
Call me petty, but is anyone else upset everytime they see tha good guyz with the green and blue sabers fight the bad guyz with the red ones?

I mean seriously, the fan boys explained it away for the movies, but what's the excuse this time?

I also like how everything is like the prequels, only an "older" version. Yeah, how far ahead of the movies did KOTOR take place again?

Andhaira

Arcane
Its worth playing only if you are a SW fan AND have nothing better to play.

Its an arcade game, so don't go in expecting somehting like the Jedi Knight games which RAWKED.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Hümmelgümpf said:
Off-topic, but I'm too lazy to start a new thread. How's The Force Unleashed? Reviews were... mixed, to put it mildly.

Its average, but iof you want an occasionally entertaining Star Wars button masher with some surprisingly hard boss fights then it might fit the bill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom