Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Space Hulk

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
A new game of Space Hulk has been announced!

You take command of a strike force of Blood Angels Terminators as they make their way through the close confines of the Space Hulk - Sin of Damnation. It's a turn-based game that emulates the look and feel of the board game, but with full 3D animation. Genestealers lurk menacingly while the Terminators use their action points, bolter rounds tear down corridors in overwatch cut-scenes and whole sections of corridor are set alight as the heavy flamer hoses them down. There's a lot of exciting features to this game, which will be coming out next year on PC, Mac and iOS

Too bad about the iOS part, still exciting thought.

http://spacehulk-game.com/

A new game of Space Hulk has been announced!

You take command of a strike force of Blood Angels Terminators as they make their way through the close confines of the Space Hulk - Sin of Damnation. It's a turn-based game that emulates the look and feel of the board game, but with full 3D animation. Genestealers lurk menacingly while the Terminators use their action points, bolter rounds tear down corridors in overwatch cut-scenes and whole sections of corridor are set alight as the heavy flamer hoses them down. There's a lot of exciting features to this game, which will be coming out next year on PC, Mac and iOS

Too bad about the iOS part, still exciting thought.

http://spacehulk-game.com/

Hey thx for the heads up. Could be interesting. Too bad there are no real screenshots. Will it be iso perspective?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Alien Assault is awesome, and yeah, the lack of information and a better trailer along with the fact that it's planned for iOS doesn't leave much hope for the game graphics-wise. Still, it's hard to fuck up the gameplay.

Alien Assault is awesome, and yeah, the lack of information and a better trailer along with the fact that it's planned for iOS doesn't leave much hope for the game graphics-wise. Still, it's hard to fuck up the gameplay.

Thx bro, but I knew about Alien Assault. I was hoping there are other similar games, as I like that atmosphere of dark ship corridors and danger. But I found out, thx to you that Alien Assault 2 is in pre production. :bounce:

spekkio

Arcane
The smell of an old corpse being brutally raped brought me here. What's going on? :)

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Thx bro, but I knew about Alien Assault. I was hoping there are other similar games, as I like that atmosphere of dark ship corridors and danger. But I found out, thx to you that Alien Assault 2 is in pre production. :bounce:
There's also an older version that was called Space Hulk. I'm pretty sure it can still be downloaded somewhere.

There's also an older version that was called Space Hulk. I'm pretty sure it can still be downloaded somewhere.

I would be grateful if you find it and post it when and if you find it.

Destroid

Arcane
Play the original.

Is it good?

How about this one: Space Crusade?

I've never played Space Crusade video game. The original Space Hulk I remember being quite difficult. It's a sort of tactics/action hybrid rtwp where you plot out the actions for you team while paused then take command of one of them and play in real time (you can switch which guy you control or give new orders whenever you like). I remember it being very difficult, but I was quite young when I played it so that might not be the case. I liked the game quite a lot. The rules were very brutal, for example, if a genestealer attacked one of your terminators from behind or the side, there was no defence, your terminator was automatically dead.

for once that i'd have liked a fps over a turn based game...

The original is first person.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
why the hate? if there's one game perfect for an iOS platform it's this one. and as somebody already said, you can't really fuck up the gameplay. should be a decent budget title

You really shouldn't be able to fuck it up, but they still fucking do, don't they? Don't they fucking do? HUH?

FUCK

Dead Guy

Cipher
How about this one: Space Crusade?

Space Crusade was pretty great back when. It's the game that got me into WH40k.

It's 1-3 players, turn-based, each player controls one 5-man squad from a chapter, the chapters have some specializations, like Blood Angels are slightly better at close combat if you equip them for it, Imperial Fists heavy weapon marines can move further. There's a campaign with about 15-20 missions, winning missions lets you use more wargear and more orders with your commander (like Fire! which let you fire twice in a turn), losing the commander I think reset the amount of orders or something like that, while squaddies were replaced without penalty. You could equip 3 heavy weapons, assault cannon (could distribute hits to take out a lot of enemies depending on total damage die roll), rocket launcher (AoE) and I think plasma rifle which hit everything in a straight line as far as you could see. The last marine had a normal bolter. The commander could have either combi weapon, bolt pistol/power axe, or power sword which made him harder to kill but then he couldn't fire, just fight hand to hand iirc.

Nice variety of enemies, some weak gretchin, Orks, super dangerous gene stealers and androids that had a pretty dangerous rifle. And then of course the Dreadnought. Mission objectives varied to some extent, but didn't really affect gameplay all that much, except the composition of enemies. From the top of my head you had Seek and Destroy, which was to find some console and pew pew it, but the dread was always in that room. One mission was to eliminate all genestealer eggs, and some other one you had to open the airlocks and escape back to your pod. The chapter that completed the primary objective got extra credit, so you could play it sort of competitively, or even take each other out if you wanted to. We mostly played it co-operatively because it was too hard otherwise.

Can't remember if I ever got it working well on modern machines.

This current game is obviously hard to judge, but yeah, extremely low budget by the looks of it? I always preferred space crusade to Space Hulk: VOTBA.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
3.jpg

Used to be a Space Hulk for PC game - 1:1 porting of the board game rules with AI controlling the tyranids. Games workshop sicced their lawyers on them, so they had to rebrand it. Available for free at http://teardown.se/

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
did i say i want a 1:1 remake of the tabletop? i said i want a fps.
Was I replying to you?

I don't want an FPS because we just had a bunch of 40k RTSes and a third person shooter. Enough real time already.

Used to be a Space Hulk for PC game - 1:1 porting of the board game rules with AI controlling the tyranids. Games workshop sicced their lawyers on them, so they had to rebrand it. Available for free at http://teardown.se/
Yeah but I actually care about graphics/sound, since the main point of playing a 40k game over any alternative is the atmosphere.​

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom