Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas review from NMA, too good to be true???

1eyedking

Erudite
Fuck, looks like I'm gonna try this shit out after all. It better not turn out another Alpha Turd.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Moe_lobotomy.jpg

Come on, 1eyedking, it really isn't sooooo baaaad... You'll loooove the VATS...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
@Topher: Game booted just fine with the patch you provided! Thanks for being a bro.

Now I'm off into New Vegas-land. See you on the other side.

am0k

Novice
Reading the bitching and moaning on the Bethesda board about not being able to max out all the stats and skills and not being able to explore everything from the start because there are actually areas that are dangerous is fucking hilarious.

Also, New Vegas is an amazing game.

Dragula

Augur
From Bethesda forums:

"1) The sound when you shoot in vats sounds like very bad music that you stole from the internet, the guns sound like crap.

2) VATS overall is just boring now.

3) True iron sights.... stupid because its only on certain weapons.

4) It glitches a lot in many ways.

5) That stupid noise when you gain XP omg I have subs on my tv and it shakes my house every time I kill something.

6) The AI are as smart as bricks, in combat sometimes they just stop shooting and then just stand there like, oh hi how are you today.

7) The map is as big as my backyard."

chzr

Erudite
Dragula said:
From Bethesda forums:

"1) The sound when you shoot in vats sounds like very bad music that you stole from the internet, the guns sound like crap.

5) That stupid noise when you gain XP omg I have subs on my tv and it shakes my house every time I kill something.

6) The AI are as smart as bricks, in combat sometimes they just stop shooting and then just stand there like, oh hi how are you today.

:lol:

Silellak

Cipher
In related news, I think I figured out why Alpha Protocol was so lackluster - lack of direction on the project, combined with the fact that apparently everyone with talent at Obsidian was working on New Vegas.

Luzur

Good Sir
chzr said:
Dragula said:
From Bethesda forums:

:lol:

consollers.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Silellak said:
In related news, I think I figured out why Alpha Protocol was so lackluster - lack of direction on the project, combined with the fact that apparently everyone with talent at Obsidian was working on New Vegas.

The same will be said about Obsidian's next game, as it was before.

Felix

Arcane
VATS is less overpowered in this game, it's more like a "helpful feature" now instead of "lol god mode" like it should be in the first place.

mondblut

Arcane
crazy_dave said:
Because if you're not too tight-assed and have accepted the first-person view (and realtime/FPS/VATS crappy slowmo), if you just embrace what Fallout's real soul is...

I LOL @ larping homo.

Did Fallout sing blues too?

Silellak

Cipher
mondblut said:
Spellcaster said:
I was wandering through wikipedia taking a look at some Fallout related stuff, when I came across Mark Morgan's page, and to my surprise, he did F:NV's score. Now that was unexpected, well at least I didn't knew about that.

So, any thoughts on his work with this game's music?
I don't think he composed anything original for the game - I think they're just reusing FO1/FO2 tracks.

That said, they're used quite effectively - I'm a sucker for good game music (and nostalgia), and I've found the old Fallout tunes really enhance the atmosphere.

It almost feels like cheating - appealing to me inner nostalgiafag - but I don't really care.

Tails

Arbiter
commie said:
This. Just met the 'evil' Legion doing their thing...this is how you make a faction Beth fags!
Really? Caesar'a Legion was the most un-Fallouty idea of Van Buren ever. Bunch of slaver guys who LARP Romans? please... the outside image is just ridiculous.

bonescraper

Tails said:
commie said:
This. Just met the 'evil' Legion doing their thing...this is how you make a faction Beth fags!
Really? Caesar'a Legion was the most un-Fallouty idea of Van Buren ever. Bunch of slaver guys who LARP Romans? please... the outside image is just ridiculous.
Yeah, i prefer these dudes much more.

Khans.jpg

:roll:

Tails

Arbiter
bonescraper said:
Tails said:
commie said:
<snip>
So bunch of raiders just naming themselves Khans are the same thing like slavers who wear Roman-like armours, have typical Roman names and some behaviours?

Silellak

Cipher
Spellcaster said:
Silellak said:
I think they're just reusing FO1/FO2 tracks.
You're kidding right? :lol:

I love these tracks but fuck, they couldn't even hire him to create some original stuff?

Yeah, that'd be nice, though I'll take re-used Mark Morgan over no Mark Morgan at all. It's quite possible they asked and he was just too busy with other projects.

Tails said:
bonescraper said:
Tails said:
commie said:
<snip>
So bunch of raiders just naming themselves Khans are the same thing like slavers who wear Roman-like armours, have typical Roman names and some behaviours?
They aren't really slavers. That's...an over-simplification of the faction.

Tell you what: play New Vegas up through Nipten. If you still don't like what you see, then so be it.

bonescraper

Tails said:
So bunch of guys just naming themselves Khans are the same thing like slavers who wear Roman-like armour and have typical Roman names?
Dude... just... stop. I know my Fallout well enough. They didn't have their own exclusive sprites in game, therefore they were just a band of guys with a random gang name. Is that what you say? Then how do you explain these?

Garl.jpg

FB8_Khan_Tire_Armor_concept_art.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom