Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas review from NMA, too good to be true???

chzr

Erudite
Clockwork Knight said:
afaik, VATS doesn't pump your damage.

don't know either probably not, but difference is that you get shittons of perks for vats (damage, accuracy, APs) and only few that increase anything in real-time.

[captain obvious] main difference is that it changes playstyle from 'shooter with way too tough enemies' to '3 headshots in VATS/run/repeat fest'....

edit: ninja'd

gothfox said:
Clockwork Knight said:
After posting it I noticed the modder is a jap. I guess it's not weeaboo, then

That doesn't make it any better though. :retarded:

I didn't say it does :retarded:

chzr said:
nah but it's painfully retarded to shoot 50 bullets into anything to kill it if i dare to not use something as awesome as VATS.

Felix said:
50 bullets? I kill anything without armor in this game with 6 bullets max so far, unless you miss.

ONE OF YOU IS LYING

AZHIMAN THE GREAT WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS

chzr

Erudite
Clockwork Knight said:
Felix said:
50 bullets? I kill anything without armor in this game with 6 bullets max so far, unless you miss.
ONE OF YOU IS LYING

any specifics like lvl/enemies/perks/weap and mainly - vats or rt?

i was exaggerating obv. - you CAN kill some enemies with 3-4 headshots (duh) in RT, sure. Now add few more mobs in the encounter, all of them chasing you (they are slightly faster so you can't simply escape) when few hits mean you are dead - i'm sure you can easily pull out those headshots, even without years of practice from CS (or w/e reflex shooters).

Clockwork Knight said:
Jimbob said:
Almost certain it did in the original Fallout (Fallout 3). Maybe it just increased the critical rate?
No, but you received less damage. There were perks to raise the to-hit chance, though. You could achieve the crippling effects with normal shooting, btw.

VATS did raise critical chance pretty significantly, and since most weapons had a critical rate multiplier and extra critical damage it made most weapons quite a bit more powerful.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Clockwork Knight said:
Jimbob said:
Almost certain it did in the original Fallout (Fallout 3). Maybe it just increased the critical rate?
No, but you received less damage. There were perks to raise the to-hit chance, though. You could achieve the crippling effects with normal shooting, btw.

There is a 15% boost in the chance for a critical hit in V.A.T.S. mode

Can't seem to find anything about the increased damage, though. Could've sworn it happened, but I guess the 15% boost combined with guaranteed headshots just adds up. I just have fond (not fond) memories of using it to chip away at uber ghouls and some of the stronger orcs by unloading clip after clip of assault rifle ammo into their face.

Topher

Cipher
Grunker said:
Topher said:
I downloaded the update from a torrent site and it works just fine as far as I can tell.

Could you shoot me a link in a PM?

I would have been glad to but I got it from a private torrent site and since I just joined I don't have any invites to send out.

bonescraper

chzr said:
i was exaggerating obv. - you CAN kill some enemies with 3-4 headshots (duh) in RT, sure.
Bullshits. I often kill them with one single headshot (sneak + scoped varmint rifle from a great distance - critical guaranteed). In VATS on the other they won't die after 3-4 shots in the head. And i'm playing on hard. VATS is only useful when you're vatsly outnumbered.

chzr

Erudite
bonescraper said:
chzr said:
i was exaggerating obv. - you CAN kill some enemies with 3-4 headshots (duh) in RT, sure.
Bullshits. I often kill them with one single headshot (sneak + scoped varmint rifle from a great distance - critical guaranteed). In VATS on the other they won't die after 3-4 shots in the head. And i'm playing on hard. VATS is only useful where you're vatsly outnumbered.

sneaking is entirely different story, and i'd say stealth kills were probably most satisfying so far (combined with retarded ai that doesn't care), yes you can kill in 1 hs while sneaking - not arguing about that.

bonescraper

chzr said:
sneaking is entirely different story, and i'd say stealth kills were probably most satisfying so far (combined with retarded ai that doesn't care).
Still, the AI has been improved a little imo. Enemies actually notice dead bodies this time while in FO3 they wouldn't give a damn.

Topher

Cipher
Clockwork Knight said:
^If it's not very big, you could just upload it to mediafire for your BROS

I tried to put up a torrent but that didn't work out so well. I'm trying mediafire right now but it's going to take an hour for it to upload, the patch is about 200mb and my connection sucks. Still I'll put up a link or whatever it gives me when it's done.

*This is strange. The two .rar files are about 100mb a piece but the actually new .esm file is only 45mb?!? The .esm file is the only thing I got from extracting the two .rar files.

** Oh well, I'm uploading the two .rar files they now seem to extract the right file I must have just messed up the extraction and only gotten one of the files... they will be up in about an hour.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Here is all the DLC for New Vegas if you guys want it.

Piracy is wrong.

Topher

Cipher
The DLC is pretty decent and none of it's really over-powered thought I'm not sure how the canteen works though.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Clockwork Knight said:
Maybe it was scripted because it was inside dungeons, but I remember some raiders freaking out and turning caution mode on after finding their dead buddy.during patrol

I think outside the ai gets pretty herp derp about sniping their friends because they handle aggro poorly over large distances (I think it might be a pathing thing), but inside they generally notice that shit.

chzr

Erudite
haven't tested ai much yet, i was sneaking in vault filled with ghouls and it was roughly like this (NOT silenced 10mm pistol was a weapon btw):

killing a ghoul that wasn't in sight of any other ghoul - stayed hidden, nobody noticed
killing a ghoul that was in LoS of other ghoul (i wasn't in his los though) - catious (the living ghoul approached the corpse and basically did nothing)
killing a ghoul while in los of a second ghoul - catious, eventually attacking me.

also, while you are in [catious], you can still make crit attacks, thus you can kill anything unnoticed unless another mob has a clear view on you.

They were ghouls, so i have no idea if humans will act differently (like hearing gunshots, for example).

Topher

Cipher
Jack said:

My character just sips from it automatically whenever but I'm not sure that it runs out of water. If it doesn't it might be a little bit to powerful for people wanting to play in realistic mode.

*According to the link it can be refilled which implies that it can run out but I haven't used it much myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom