Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas review from NMA, too good to be true???

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Shannow said:
Sceptic said:
Mortmal said:
You are not even forced to do that quest it can be bypassed in multiple ways
Are you kidding? After pages and pages of build-up? not a chance.
FO2 can be finished in under 2 hours, bypassing almost all quests and almost all theme-park areas, so why so much hate? :M

;)

Speedrun
Fallout 1 - single run 9min - http://speeddemosarchive.com/Fallout.html
Fallout 2 - single run 18min - http://speeddemosarchive.com/Fallout2.html

:smug:

chzr

Erudite
actually fallout 1 has new record, 6:54 :smug:

not a single segment, though.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
1eyedking said:
Silellak said:
1eyedking said:
For fuck's sake, this game is beyond retarded.
Obsidian fanboys are not learning animals.
1eyedking said:
it's somewhere between average and good, and nowadays that's something extremely rare.
FLIP-FLOP!!!!
It's still retarded because it's still Fallout 3, and that's the reason why it's not beyond average or good in my eyes.

It would go to very good if it actually had any hint of the atmosphere it's trying to convey. I'm not such a fanboy so as to LARP good art direction when there isn't any.

As I said, Obsidian urgently needs to recycle its art department.
So retarded = average to good? :derp:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mortmal said:
In the area theres boone sidequest wich is really really well done .

Christ that made me laugh, getting some random clown to get 'justice' then nonchalantly explaining to Boone that they deserved it just for the lulz and watching the butthurt ;)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
dead-parrot.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
commie said:
Mortmal said:
In the area theres boone sidequest wich is really really well done .

Christ that made me laugh, getting some random clown to get 'justice' then nonchalantly explaining to Boone that they deserved it just for the lulz and watching the butthurt ;)

oh yes :) and him: Just get out of the fucking way now!
Theres a few other situations like this. After finishing it i stand on my opinion its an excellent game undoubtly worthy to be mentioned in the top 20 rpgs asidethe legends.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Clockwork Knight said:
I don't care about your childhood, that looks like ass
I actually play it with the graphic+music update now :smug:

Uses the same graphic tiles as Ultima 4 (and the remake of 1), with the original 3's music for the Mockingboard. Comes with a bonus frame limiter too.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I bought NV today (boxed). Steam installed a 250+ MB patch. I thought "cool, I hope the most glaring bugs are fixed". I went outside Doc Mitchell's house, the game froze after 2 seconds, after a minute let me walk for another 2 seconds, and then left me staring at a blank screen with the computer totally unresponsive.

Fantastic. How the fuck did they manage to screw up a working (if not exactly pretty) engine so badly? I have Fallout 3 installed too and it works fine. (Risen also does, as do all other games - only NV has any problems with my rig.)

And I even installed the new Nvidia drivers which supposedly improved support for NV!

Elwro

Arcane
Thanks. It didn't work. It let me walk around Goodsprings, but the second I initated dialogue with Old Pete, the video hung up (the audio was going on) and reboot was the only option.

I'd appreciate any pointers!

Elwro

Arcane
OK, what worked in my case was the following: open FalloutPrefs.ini (NOT Fallout.ini!) in My Documents \ My Games \ FalloutNV and change

iFPSClamp=0

to

iFPSClamp=60

Works nicely now.

Elwro

Arcane
Fuck, this didn't work after all. The game crashes after a few minutes of playing every time I run it.

So now I have no idea what else I can do apart from saving every minute and restarting after each crash. Boy, the joys of being an Obsidian customer!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I haven't had so much as a framerate hiccup so far, but I'm using the crack. That's actually kind of sad when I think about it.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
janjetina said:
Havoc has already told you. Use the SKIDROW version, it's stable.

Holly shit, is that what it is. I've been using the skidrow version since day one (+ the 2 updates) and haven't had a single crash or glitch worth mentioning.

I'm even running quite a few mods, including the big assed texture replacement from FO3 (which works with NV btw) and it's running as smooth as butter on my rig.

Well I'll be fucked. Poor bastards that bought the game are the ones having all the problems. :smug:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
AlaCarcuss said:
janjetina said:
Havoc has already told you. Use the SKIDROW version, it's stable.

Holly shit, is that what it is. I've been using the skidrow version since day one (+ the 2 updates) and haven't had a single crash or glitch worth mentioning.

I'm even running quite a few mods, including the big assed texture replacement from FO3 (which works with NV btw) and it's running as smooth as butter on my rig.

Well I'll be fucked. Poor bastards that bought the game are the ones having all the problems. :smug:

I really doubt that has anything to do with it. Again, Steam version since day one and no problems. A few people with a few examples hardly proves any kind of causation, or even correlation. I crack games to get around DRM all the time, I don't have an issue with that, just saying I don't think that is a proven issue in this case.

And as an aside, I hope everyone who acknowledges this game's vast improvements over Fallout 3 are supporting it by purchasing a copy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom