Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Niggling problems remaining in new Codex - also for identifying possible bugs

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Didn't want to open a new thread for this, so I figured I may as well ask here, seems somewhat appropriate.

Is there a way to see the quote tags as actual text instead of these stupid borders/outlines? It gets messy as hell when you're trying delete previous quotes from a post you quoted.

You know, a way to see the actual tags when writing a post instead of this annoying shit:

toggle BB code (it's the open brackets icon on the top right)

agris

Arcane
Patron
Animations for avatars - Animated avatars currently display just a static image

One of the few direct benefits for end-users after the forum upgrade. I hope this is a feature and not a bug.

The codex shouldn't look like zoomer central, with ADHD-level visual noise everywhere.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Ignore specific forums or threads

The ignore thing is getting a tad ridiculous. You're just inviting more sensitive snowflakes to come waltzing in like resetera type people. Don't enable those types of people. No good ever came of it.
I never used these ignore forum/thread functions, but they aren't equivalent to the odious ignore user function, and perhaps they make browsing faster for some people.

toggle BB code (it's the open brackets icon on the top right)
Yes, although the BB code mode itself is a bit clunky and needs fixing.

SumDrunkGuy

It's a firm belief of mine that you need to offend people on the internet. It's a solid reality check. If you don't they start believing men can get pregnant and yadda yadda. Crazy shit.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you don't they start believing men can get pregnant and yadda yadda. Crazy shit.
Well that's impossible because as The Experts™ say, anyone can instantly transmogrify into a woman simply by "identifying" as one.

SCIENCE!!

SumDrunkGuy

The experts are perverts. Just as twisted as any random peado you'll meet on the street. The imbalance is created by the fact that more bad people seek positions of power than good people. It's a sad fact.

Gregz

Arcane
Doing a quick copy/paste grab in Shoutbox to quote someone results in this mess:

1 minute ago
It would be better if there was flat formatting for copy/paste purposes. Although, when reading with "Inverse message direction" (which I do) checked, this would be a poor solution.

Twiglard What's the best way to quote a message(s) like this?

Link to the above shout: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/chat/message/224827/view

Start of the stuff I tried to quote: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/chat/message/224763/view

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The search function now automatically creates a pop-up box of results after entering something into the search field, which apparently just looks for the search term in thread titles. There already is a checkbox for "search titles only" located between the main search field and the username field, so this feature is both pointless and irritating.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Doing a quick copy/paste grab in Shoutbox to quote someone results in this mess
Refresh the chat page. It should work now, but only if you switch to bbcode mode while pasting.
The search function now automatically creates a pop-up box of results after entering something into the search field, which apparently just looks for the search term in thread titles. There already is a checkbox for "search titles only" located between the main search field and the username field, so this feature is both pointless and irritating.
If anyone actually wants that box to still exist, please respond or just rate this message with 'old'.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Honestly, there shouldn't be any animated avatars. This isn't effing Myspace.
Imagine if Codex had Geocities like colours and sound files playing in the background with obnoxious animations everywhere. :lol:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Honestly, there shouldn't be any animated avatars. This isn't effing Myspace.
I would be content with only The Bard's Tale and Dragon's Crown animated avatars being restored (though I realize the issue is with displaying a gif properly). :M

DdTJOPp.gif
BVbfQr0.gif
NU8aZCZ.gif
ne6YGkc.gif
JhncxVd.gif
LTs5tOm.gif
dQRwkXD.gif

SO4QwWd.gif
2dlXth0.gif
FWnktcF.gif
K7ypK8x.gif
SA2gJBp.gif
u1b1cwV.gif
qZbqQ0N.gif

VO5efek.gif
WMdOv7G.gif
oWgRFLR.gif
8WFDWns.gif
FFXwjX0.gif
rwFYT6Z.gif
LzOkvVe.gif

XWHIAP4.gif
hUtMnGo.gif
L5xhV7y.gif
jJpyC9T.gif
sl4YgIF.gif
6OD1KJp.gif
V7Hv05W.gif

S7upzKL.gif
xTvDM2c.gif
kuN8UVo.gif
rbrwaUH.gif
CwBj64R.gif
EX3cOJP.gif
NJNXScJ.gif

GZvZZ5N.gif
mMqBmL8.gif
QS0XcG3.gif
TuUDluc.gif
KBQ7Uzj.gif
hdVHlF5.gif
6iZVuNT.gif

QBQK25G.gif
Dz2otZ0.gif
7U2a1Ub.gif
Ft2WlbG.gif
KzLhixJ.gif
B9XIqtv.gif
Y2t95RE.gif

5b44Hp7.gif
RNIdwf7.gif
vmiBycp.gif
J5uiADO.gif
2oGw79w.gif
GukifbH.gif
u9XjxDT.gif
CtDauXr.gif
qpmvMK2.gif
ouTNWGw.gif

n7V6G8o.gif
8nNV7AF.gif
Wlt1Hya.gif
OBRxwDv.gif
VGH9kUy.gif
BmAj9Kk.gif
lpkJYEl.gif
u8upMdt.gif
zyDYef4.gif
5OkUSYZ.gif

tGngiCS.gif
MWusdP3.gif
SkcV8TJ.gif
VdogXlU.gif
Yzf8BFW.gif
4YNoiR1.gif
3HPhcNc.gif
eap1hSs.gif
5gqCVmD.gif
xWjeWsz.gif

dBChTGJ.gif
X6OpcPa.gif
qLuPPEQ.gif
lb2Te8K.gif
PKDkHR6.gif
HE6nsnN.gif
9WQ9fZD.gif
xrGd24S.gif
CzZZ6bj.gif
cWmedjR.gif

rLVSgqe.gif
YEg66iq.gif
2Fh8tbe.gif
GfaOUqx.gif
KZKF1Mm.gif
qZa8I2n.gif
4eNzh6v.gif
HApPz4m.gif
gFMN39D.gif
J2r3W1I.gif

JfZk66L.gif
fYCiCfk.gif
cLZzOWv.gif
dItFyTF.gif
v5ox0EB.gif
D5dgUHI.gif

MRjKGG4.gif
XoTadsX.gif
Cy7YrdI.gif
ol29xTM.gif
ckRnheh.gif
zHFtMSi.gif
utbUO31.gif

kp7YrTA.gif
djNwlTJ.gif
xfwdcvl.gif
50ujFGe.gif
VCsCIzq.gif
dwDjflq.gif
6kwDAk5.gif

agris

Arcane
Patron
You almost swayed me with the BT avs, and then completely lost me with the weeb shit.

:killit:

No animated avatars

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We have enough millennial faggots with anime avatars already. Adding more, and even animated ones will make this look like Reddit.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Since yesterday I've noticed huge performance issues if trying to Edit posts. Once my computer froze completely.
I'm using Win 7 with an integrated Intel HD 4000 video card, and Mozilla as browser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom