Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Nintendo is finally giving up on 3D (for now).

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems like a weird design, having the main buttons by the top screen, instead of the touch screen.

Still, the 3D was never a good feature, but it can be easily disabled.
You have to have the buttons near the top screen so you can reach the shoulder buttons. Also the thing is obviously heavier on top, which would make it difficult to hold with the buttons at the bottom. Not many games use the touch screen anyway.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Ew.... Why the hell they did that? Why make it a horrible block instead of the nice flip format that everyone loves since the Gameboy Advance SP? Damn, I would easily buy a 2DS, but not with that format...

Multi-headed Cow

Ew.... Why the hell they did that? Why make it a horrible block instead of the nice flip format that everyone loves since the Gameboy Advance SP? Damn, I would easily buy a 2DS, but not with that format...
Pretty much this. Making a cheaper model without 3D sounded like a decent idea, but no clamshell is an awful awful move.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, I'll just wait a bit more and buy a 3DSXL...

Also:

1174572_10201928213305578_39575256_n.jpg

1176285_10201752901054702_535434595_n.jpg

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Because Nintendo, much like Capcom, is so inevitably neurotic and senile that it can't but help in making shitty design choices.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
This is just a budget version for parents to buy their kids to help boost them Pokemans sales in a few months. I doubt Nintendo is ditching the 3D, the upcoming Zelda game was designed with it in mind.

If the new Zelda requires 3D, I won't buy the new Zelda.
Okay, I just looked at the new box art for the game, says 3D is not required for play.
http://kotaku.com/new-zelda-for-3ds-gets-handsome-boxart-with-intriguing-1216048928

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Because Nintendo, much like Capcom, is so inevitably neurotic and senile that it can't but help in making shitty design choices.
Well thank god for that, I was feeling a bit down for a while for buying 3DS XL like a sap, but the actual 2DS designed cured me of it pretty fast.

They keep releasing all this plastic chunk but nobody wants it. Nintendo, just smart up or fucking die already.
Oh, Morgoth-kun~
:love:

evdk

Patron
No really, how many version of the same underpowered, overpriced plastic brick to they want to release? This is bad for the environment, don't you know?
Hey, if they release games like Etrian Odyssey, Strange Journey or Ace Attorney on PC then sure, save the Earth!

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
3DS has proven a great console imo, especially the XL model. Lots of good games for it and more on the way, although it's a bit flooded with too much Mario shit.

Wii U, on the other hand, is indeed a piece of shit with no redeeming qualities.

DragoFireheart

Wii U, on the other hand, is indeed a piece of shit with no redeeming qualities.

Even though most evidence points towards Bayonetta 2 being a shitty cash-in...I'm still MAF that it's a Wii U "exclusive".

Once the Zelda game (NOT REMAKE) comes out for the Wii U, we'll know it's true fate.

A system needs only three good games to avoid being a failure. 10 is good and more than that makes it a classic.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter

Even though most evidence points towards Bayonetta 2 being a shitty cash-in...I'm still MAF that it's a Wii U "exclusive".

Once the Zelda game (NOT REMAKE) comes out for the Wii U, we'll know it's true fate.

A system needs only three good games to avoid being a failure. 10 is good and more than that makes it a classic.
Except the Zelda series has gone to shit the last few games imo. Skyward Sword and the 2 DS game don't leave me with much confidence in this series anymore, and A Link Between Worlds doesn't look all that interesting either.

The series has also been shrinking in sales, it's not a console seller anymore.

DragoFireheart

Except the Zelda series has gone to shit the last few games imo. Skyward Sword and the 2 DS game don't leave me with much confidence in this series anymore, and A Link Between Worlds doesn't look all that interesting either.

The series has also been shrinking in sales, it's not a console seller anymore.

That's sorta my point. The Wii U will likely follow whatever fate the new Zelda games goes towards.

evdk

Patron
I liked Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks not so much. Also after trying OoT3D I would like to shoot whoever it was that had the brilliant idea to move to third person camera.

Machocruz

Arcane
Nintendo would do so much better, and always does better, if they just release a console that is a box to play games with, at a reasonable price. Stop with the expensive, gimmicky hardware and fruity game concepts. No one cares about watercolor Zeldas. They want Metroid that is more Alien and less Not Without My Daughter. They want 2D Mario with some actual effort and production values put in it. Starfox where you stay in the Arwing. Something new that wasn't inspired by daughter's pajama party or the like. Something 'p. cool' instead of 'nice.' Tell Jap third parties to chill with the uber-animu crap if they want to sell in the west, unless that animu is like Studio Ghibli classics or Lodoss War.

People are pretty forgiving if you get with the program. FFS, you can't even get on FFXIV ARR servers half the time, and that's after the complete cock-up of the original release. But the game looks like it has classic FF shit that appeals to more people than Nomura fashion masturbation does.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

Nintendo would do so much better, and always does better, if they just release a console that is a box to play games with, at a reasonable price. Stop with the expensive, gimmicky hardware and fruity game concepts. No one cares about watercolor Zeldas. They want Metroid that is more Alien and less Not Without My Daughter. They want 2D Mario with some actual effort and production values put in it. Starfox where you stay in the Arwing. Something new that wasn't inspired by daughter's pajama party or the like. Something 'p. cool' instead of 'nice.' Tell Jap third parties to chill with the uber-animu crap if they want to sell in the west, unless that animu is like Studio Ghibli classics or Lodoss War.

People are pretty forgiving if you get with the program. FFS, you can't even get on FFXIV ARR servers half the time, and that's after the complete cock-up of the original release. But the game looks like it has classic FF shit that appeals to more people than Nomura fashion masturbation does.

I would kill for a Zelda that used the mechanics from Twilight Princess, the open-endedness of the first zelda game, and the size of Daggerfall.

evdk

Patron

I would kill for a Zelda that used the mechanics from Twilight Princess, the open-endedness of the first zelda game, and the size of Daggerfall.
I would kill for another 2D top down Zelda. Link's Awakening Part Deux.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom