Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Oblivion E3 hype from ConsoleGold

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It's light as hell, in spite of its large-ish ergonomic (read: comfortable) design. It's probably lighter than mice 3/4ths its size. The cord is very light, and it doesn't cause any drag or friction with the surface, and more importantly it doesn't pull the mouse back (I have it dropping from the back of my table to the computer, which is by my foot).

The 1600-DPI is extremely sensitive and I always set it to the maximum. You have to turn off 'acceleration mode' in the Logitech/Windows mouse setting, or it'll be entirely too fast. Windows typicall sets 'acceleration' to 'low acceleration' regardless of what mouse you use, so you should turn that off.

The mouse itself is very precise, much more so than my old Mx700, and works very well in applications like Photoshop, and in games like Guild Wars and Half Life 2. I can actually snipe with pin point accuracy now, and any mistake would be my fault, not the mouse's.

The glide is very smooth, though I've added 'glidepads' onto the feet to use with my Steelpad 3S aluminum mouse pad. The Mx700 I used to use had some difficulty with that mouse pad. It would get stuck on occasion and veer off course if there were any smudges on the Steelpad. Not so with my Mx518. The resolution on the mouse being notably higher, has no difficulty reading through little smudges, dull, or reflective surfaces.

All in all, it is definitely a mouse I would recommend, if not the best mouse I've ever used. The comfortable ergonomic shape is much better than anything Razer has ever come up with.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
You think that mouse is a bad motherfucker? Check this nigga out:
26-105-128-06.JPG

Yeah, son :cool:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
So in order to please him, and preferrably to get him to shut up, I told him I called it 'Smokey', because it's like the color of smoke, or something.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
FireWolf said:
I'm all for multiple endings to games, why not multiple beginings, too?
Yeah.
Off the top of my head I can only think of Severance : Blade of Darkness. You started at a diff point and had a different motivation depending on the char you chose.
The Knight started in prison (aaarggh!).
The Barbarian started in some mountain river complex near an orc stronghold.
etc

Anyone remember any other games?

Fez

Erudite
Maybe you should make a newspost about the color of your mouse? It would fit in with your recent effort.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just don't get why they don't improve on that design anymore. All I want is a button for each finger, and maybe one or two for the thumb.

MistMaster

Novice
Spazmo said:
You're telling me you could play Baldur's Gate on a gamepad? Starcraft? Far Cry? And I don't give a flying fuck if you don't play those last two games or that type of game ("R00FLES!!!"), it's still just true: keyboard and mouse is just plain better for most types of games. If not, why does KOTOR play the way it does? Why do console FPSes have autoaim? And why do all console RTSes suck? Because of the gamepad. It's just not as good as keyboard and mouse.

starcraft on N64 was such a horrible port, it almost made me cry
It was truely pathetic and unless played on a huge screen multiplayer was nearly impossible

I started morrowind on XBOX, I was not allowed to install it on the good computer and it didnt work on my older crappy one, so i got xbox
then a few months later i got game of the year for xbox
then a few months later i got the pc version
I would get the XBOX 360 release of OBLIVION, but they already said that they would not include the TES: Editor in it, so im sticking to the PC version.... after getting a new graphics card
they estimate on oblivionsource.com that it will need a ATI 9600 pro or equilevent minimum, any idea how much those cost?

Fez

Erudite
If you want to upgrade just for one game, you may as well wait until near the release date for the game. You'll either save money on the parts you wanted or be able to get more for the same cost.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
Plus, wait to see if the game is good or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom