Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion won't be the worst game ever.

Data4

Arcane
Lord Chambers said:
Vault Dweller said:
Lord Chambers said:
On the matter of weapons or skills, it really seems like it'd be the fanboys place to argue MORE WEAPONS AND SKILLS MEAN MORE RPG MORE CHOICES MORE OPENEDED YEAYAEH! So I'm a little suprised to see the intelligent person pretending the loss of spears or axes is really worth talking about. Seems like grasping at straws when there are much meater issues to contend with.
The what person?
This guy
How about the fact that you can't hit people with staffs anymore? (wtf?) Or the fact that there ARE NO SPEARS in the game? Less complications. Less choices. Less specialization. Less roleplay. Dumbing down.

As if there has never been a satisfying RPG without spears before.

If I were arguing about the game being dumbed down, the removal of something so superficial as a weapon wouln't even be mentioned for fear of making myself look like an idiot.

You missed the context entirely. He was talking about the absurdity of having a long stick that can shoot fireballs, but can't be used to whack people over the head in melee combat. Because they wanted to have a medieval rocket launcher in the game so bad, they completely overlooked logic in favor of "Ooooh! Fireball stick!"

-D4

TheWanderer

Novice
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:
All I've heard from bryce777 is him talking about how superior and smart he is compared to us. I have yet to hear him prove any points, which I would think is the point of this thread. Oh yes, does this look like a broken off, choppy sentence? I think not.
He has better taste in scotch than you.

Oh, that, and he doesn't worship Bethesda like the fucking groveling fanboys you are. Trust everything the dev says even though they fucked it up with Morrowind? Good job guys, way to go! Some people believe in Jesus, other people believe in Santa Claus, but you dumbfucks, you dumbfucks put your unyielding faith in a fucking game developer.

Nice work.
Why thank you, thank you very much. Oh, and scotch sucks. Nordic Mead is way better.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Why are these TES fanboys here anyway?

You have your own fucking forums. This isn't Oblivion Codex. Go away.

TheWanderer

Novice
whitemithrandir said:

We are here because our "Oblivion is being criticized" sense was tingling.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:

And like good, faithful acolytes you flock over here to defend your Lord and Savior?

Please, that's just pathetic.

TheWanderer

Novice
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:

And like good, faithful acolytes you flock over here to defend your Lord and Savior?

Please, that's just pathetic.
Our Lord and Savior? We prefer to say our Nerevarine, or St. Nerevar.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
kodiak bear said:
mine is as follows:ROLE PLAYING game!
How about CAMPUTAR GAEM!?

in oblivion, you can play out any role you want, any time you want.
Really? That's awesome! Can I play a spear-wielding monk worshipping the Nine Divines?

... there are barely any restrictions.
You know what else doesn't have any restrictions? A notepad.

most of the games aspects sound promising, and at sometimes, ground breaking.
Hey, no soil erosion jokes, please.

and what about the radiant A.I., doesnt that sound great?
It sounds amazing. I too have a fetish for a good scripter tool.

stop your snobish rich boy idiocy and go do something productive.
Why don't you go and fuck yourself?

i have one last point to make.
That would imply that you've managed to make the previous point, which would be an exaggeration of your less than modest abilities

oblivion lasts more than 150 hours, and has very involving, lush gameplay.
Priceless.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:

You do realize how stupid this sentence sounds?

TheWanderer

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
kodiak bear said:
mine is as follows:ROLE PLAYING game!
How about CAMPUTAR GAEM!?

in oblivion, you can play out any role you want, any time you want.
Really? That's awesome! Can I play a spear-wielding monk worshipping the Nine Divines?

... there are barely any restrictions.
You know what else doesn't have any restrictions? A notepad.

most of the games aspects sound promising, and at sometimes, ground breaking.
Hey, no soil erosion jokes, please.

and what about the radiant A.I., doesnt that sound great?
It sounds amazing. I too have a fetish for a good scripter tool.

stop your snobish rich boy idiocy and go do something productive.
Why don't you go and fuck yourself?

i have one last point to make.
That would imply that you've managed to make the previous point, which would be an exaggeration of your less than modest abilities

oblivion lasts more than 150 hours, and has very involving, lush gameplay.
Priceless.
You're kind of cocky aren't you?

TheWanderer

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:

You do realize how stupid this sentence sounds?
Yes, but it is true.

TheWanderer

Novice
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:

Welcome to the RPG codex. Your cock must be THIS long to enter. Now GTFO.
That made no sense, but what does. I make no sense most of the time, and I don't know many abbreviations so I don't know what you mean and don't bother explaining. I'll just leave like most people want me to do, eh, I'll be back.

TheWanderer

Novice
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:

Oh, I understand. But you are mistaken, I don't own any farm roosters. Sorry to confuse you. Definition of a cock is a rooster.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:

Oh, I understand. But you are mistaken, I don't own any farm roosters. Sorry to confuse you. Definition of a cock is a rooster.

Only on Chinese Zodiac tapestries and in the heads of just-witty-enough-to-be-fucking-annoying comedians, such as yourself.

Chefe

Erudite
TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:

That made no sense, but what does. I make no sense most of the time, and I don't know many abbreviations so I don't know what you mean and don't bother explaining. I'll just leave like most people want me to do, eh, I'll be back.

TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:

Does not compute.

TheWanderer

Novice
Chefe said:
TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:

TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:

Does not compute.
Like I said, I don't make sense sometimes. Ok, most of the time.

TheWanderer

Novice
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:
whitemithrandir said:
TheWanderer said:

Only on Chinese Zodiac tapestries and in the heads of just-witty-enough-to-be-fucking-annoying comedians, such as yourself.
And in dictionaries.

Foamhead

Educated
bryce777 said:
I am convinced it will be the worst THING ever.

I can't help but laugh at the empty headed losers who feel the need to vigorously defend it. At first I was puzzled, but since then I have simply come to loose all respect for these people. I have never seen a game where even the marketing and fud is only the barest bandaid on their own idiocy and lack of respect for their audience's intellect.

Sorry, too, but this is not an RPG. There have been games like this around for ages, but they are called arcade games. Video games. Beofre everyone started lumping PC games in with console games and calling them video games as well, they were highly different than console games. Now we have crossplatform crap like kotor and oblivion. Console garbage is mainly aimed at preteen children, with the mroe advanced titles aimed at 15 year olds. It may sound insulting, but by golly, this is simple fact. If any adult can play something like kotor or oblivion and get any true enjoyment out of it, then I worry at what a loser they are.

Here's the cue for the subliterate fanboys (It shockes me to the core there are not only people who will play the game and enjoy it a little, but people who are rabid fans) to tell me not to knock it til I try it. Well, I don't have to fuck Rosie O'Donnel to know I am not attracted to her. I don't want any herpes ridden skanks either, no matter if they Have Radiant Smile whitening and huge tracts of land. If Oblivion were a woman with a personal ad, she would be a crackwhore skank with aids, with big silicon tits and an obviously airbrushed picture where she still looked fugly as hell, and with broken English and ebonics all over her profile....

I have a clue for you skippy.

People have the...and I know that this is unFUCKing believable, but people actually have the RIGHT to their own enjoyment, and don't have to justify it to you or anyone else.

You know who the real losers are? Fucking RPG/PC snobs like yourself who think that they are so far above everyone else that they get to dictate what is fun and what isn't. As unreal as it may seem, people have different tastes in games and RPG's just like any other form of entertainment.

And holy shit...get this,some people don't even like rpgs at all!

I am not reciting some episode of Sliders or the Twilight Zone...people in this very plane of existance have tastes that are totally the opposite of your own. I know this is a great shock to you but believe me things will get easier with time. Just relax and take some tranqs. You'll be fine man.

Oblivion may suck, it might not. Some people will like it, some people won't like it. Goody for them. I think Morrowind was about as exciting as browsing Wikipeda but other people love it and thats their right. Get a life.

El Dee

Scholar
I don't understand why people come to this web site knowing what it is about, and then they get pissed off. If these people would take the time to read the reasons behind the OB complaints they would find that most of the arguments are pretty well thought out. I admit that I will play OB, but I too believe it has been dumbed down. If the TES forums are any indication of where the series is headed (13yr olds that don't know an FPS from an RPG from a fucking MMO) than there is no place to go but down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom