Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion won't be the worst game ever.

Data4

Arcane
Foamhead said:
And holy shit...get this,some people don't even like rpgs at all!

Holy shit! Good for them! There are plenty of other types of games out there for them! Why in the fuck does the relatively small genre of RPGs have to change to cater to them? It's like a sushi bar serving burritos to attract a more south of the border clientele. Would you condemn the sushi purists for bitching that the atmosphere of the bar is changing because certain things were changed to attract a wider group of people?

It's the exact same principle as Bryce's scotch analogy.

Holy fuck! What's not to understand about this?

-D4

Chefe

Erudite
I tire of this thread.
It sucks. It sucks really, really badly.

Edit: Images removed. What part of "please respect people at work, BITCH!" you failed to understand? - VD

Die thread, die.

Zomg

Arbiter
Lay off NSFW image embedding, you're going to get someone fired.

Zomg

Arbiter
I'm sure bryce will be back in a frothing berserker rage tomorrow to drive even more of them into Codex Stockholm syndrome than he already did today.

galsiah

Erudite
and what about the radiant A.I., doesnt that sound great?
It sounds amazing. I too have a fetish for a good scripter tool.
galsiah said:
Ok - please stay with me on this one. It'll help my sanity....
Radiant AI is not the future. It could be a good system if well implemented.
Radiant AI is not scripted.
Radiant AI is not scripted.
Radiant AI is not scripted...
Please let the madness end.

Foamhead

Educated
Holy shit! Good for them! There are plenty of other types of games out there for them! Why in the fuck does the relatively small genre of RPGs have to change to cater to them? It's like a sushi bar serving burritos to attract a more south of the border clientele. Would you condemn the sushi purists for bitching that the atmosphere of the bar is changing because certain things were changed to attract a wider group of people?

It's the exact same principle as Bryce's scotch analogy.

Holy fuck! What's not to understand about this?

Know what? You are absolutely correct.

The single and only point I am making is that just because people have differing tastes does not mean they are stupid or ten. A lot of people here seem to forget that. Unfortunately RPG's just aren't popular ergo they won't make money unless they appeal to a wider group. I agree that most RPG's suck now and I choose not to buy them. But if other people want to, well to each his own.

Section8

Cipher
Hah, I never considered Stockholm Syndrome as a possibility of why people like MSFD (used to?) post here. It's all so clear now.

Lumpy

Arcane
Foamhead said:
I have a clue for you skippy.

People have the...and I know that this is unFUCKing believable, but people actually have the RIGHT to their own enjoyment, and don't have to justify it to you or anyone else.

You know who the real losers are? Fucking RPG/PC snobs like yourself who think that they are so far above everyone else that they get to dictate what is fun and what isn't. As unreal as it may seem, people have different tastes in games and RPG's just like any other form of entertainment.

I am not reciting some episode of Sliders or the Twilight Zone...people in this very plane of existance have tastes that are totally the opposite of your own. I know this is a great shock to you but believe me things will get easier with time. Just relax and take some tranqs. You'll be fine man.

Oblivion may suck, it might not. Some people will like it, some people won't like it. Goody for them. I think Morrowind was about as exciting as browsing Wikipeda but other people love it and thats their right. Get a life.
Indeed.
Face it, Bryce, some people will LOVE Oblivion. Myself, I won't, but it will still be a good game, which I'll enjoy.
Why do you consider it that bad? Dumbed down, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean bad. Something is good if the majority says so. Who are you to say otherwise?
It will have a large, interesting world to explore. It will have a decent number of factions and quests, which will most likely be better than Morrowind's. It will allow the player to make his own class. It could have been better, but it won't be a bad game at all.

Stella Brando

Arcane
I may have posted a lot of nonsense during my stay here, but none of it actually showed a lack of intelligence, as such. A different insult may be in order.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Can some mod please remove these pics or at least place them beyond links. No nsfw warning and such....this shit could really get someone (like ME) fired. Thanks to the assholes!

Levski 1912

Scholar
Something is good if the majority says so.

orlyhitler0qm.jpg

So very sorry, but I just couldn't pass this up.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Foamhead said:
People have the...and I know that this is unFUCKing believable, but people actually have the RIGHT to their own enjoyment, and don't have to justify it to you or anyone else.
Then what the fuck is your stupid ass doing here justifying it?

You know who the real losers are? Fucking RPG/PC snobs like yourself who think that they are so far above everyone else that they get to dictate what is fun and what isn't.
Dictate? Did someone told you to cancel your pre-order? Btw, real losers are those who can't take and accept any form of criticism aimed at what they worship. "Oblivion is holy and perfect, and I must carry my idiotic crusade anywhere where different opinions still exist"

As unreal as it may seem, people have different tastes in games and RPG's just like any other form of entertainment.
Exactly. So respect ours and fuck off.

No, we don't. I admit. We hate RPGs. Will you leave now, after you cleverly forced this confession out of me?

I am not reciting some episode of Sliders or the Twilight Zone...people in this very plane of existance have tastes that are totally the opposite of your own.
Yes. Intelligence vs Stupidity. No, son, you are not on the side of the Intelligence.

Get a life.
Same applies.

Nael

Arcane
Section8 said:
Is that a cock and balls she's covering up?

Is this one of those riddles? If I say yes, then it's obviously not a she, but if I say no, then why do I still see cock and balls?

Damnit, this is the RPGCodex! Use your imagination.... if you dare. :twisted:

Solik

Scholar
Now even I'm embarassed.

I withdraw my complaints about people throwing the word "fanboy" around too much. A lot of it really is justified.

I still wonder, though, about the angle upon which Oblivion is being criticized. Most of the regulars here seem to believe that real, quality RPGs are based around lots of interactive dialogue. Well, TES games have never been about that. Including Daggerfall, which seems to be getting the most praise from the series. TES games are just immersive sandboxes to play in. The roleplay that exists has always been about overcoming challenges in the method of your choosing -- like in D&D (which is why D&D is often criticized by hardcore RP enthusiasts as well). That makes me wonder why so many are focusing on it instead of other games that are closer to their tastes. It'd be sort of like me criticizing Soul Caliber 3 on a strategy game board for not having tactical warfare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom