Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian and inXile acquired by Microsoft

Fry

Arcane
meet-richard-garriott-the-millionaire-who-builds-fascinating-video-games-and-still-has-time-to-fly-to-outer-space.jpg

Rev

Arcane
Actually, EA is actively spinning that shit right now: "Look, it's Casey Hudson! He MADE Mass Effect! That's why Anthem is going to be AMAZING!" Despite the fact that Anthem is an online grindfest and Hudson now is just a manager.

The sad this is that, it's actually working. :lol:
I don't think it's working that well, actually. People don't seem to so hyped about Anthem, and I think the most likely scenario is that it's gonna be another flop for BioWare.

Latelistener

Arcane
Actually, EA is actively spinning that shit right now: "Look, it's Casey Hudson! He MADE Mass Effect! That's why Anthem is going to be AMAZING!" Despite the fact that Anthem is an online grindfest and Hudson now is just a manager.

The sad this is that, it's actually working. :lol:
I don't think it's working that well, actually. People don't seem to so hyped about Anthem, and I think the most likely scenario is that it's gonna be another flop for BioWare.
Many Bioware fanboys are keep saying that Andromeda is on Bioware Montreal and Edmonton is not going to fail them. Besides, they have Casey fuckin' Hudson. They even forgot that he ruined ME3.

For the first time we learned that people are not learning animals.

Rev

Arcane
I guess we'll see: BioWare has done more than enough to ruin its reputation, a lot of fans have realised they're no longer the software house they liked (be it old fans who loved Baldur's Gate or newer ones who loved Mass Effect and Dragon Age) and they now buy CD Projekt games, which are better at what BioWare aimed (story, characters and even romances).
I think it will be a flop, the Destiny fad has already been rode and the people who still want those kind of games already have what they want (Destiny or its sequel), I don't think many people will move to Anthem just like WoW-fans didn't move to SW:ToR years ago.

Bohr

Arcane
I'm already feeling the pull of becoming a loyal Xbox fan (unless it's just BT4 withdrawal symptoms), they're on the right track :salute:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
:nocountryforshitposters:

Two Pillows of Shitternity games including one HUGE flop is more than enough disaster from Sawyer. He needs to take a very long break from directing and designing. Preferably indefinitely.

Actually, both were successes. And they were great games, especially for those who liked Infinity Engine games 20 years ago. I know you are butthurt but your butt hurting cannot change the facts.

imweasel

Two Pillows of Shitternity games including one HUGE flop is more than enough disaster from Sawyer. He needs to take a very long break from directing and designing. Preferably indefinitely.
Actually, both were successes. And they were great games, especially for those who liked Infinity Engine games 20 years ago.
Pillows 2 sold well under 150K copies judging from fig dividends, which very far from even breaking even.

Feargus and Sawyer would have to suck Bill Gate's dick every night for two years to get funding for Pillows 3.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I don't give a fuck what the codex says! Deadfire is an amazing game. Tyranny and The White March are also pretty damn good, and even Pillars 1 was incline in an era of popamole.

Now they have an opportunity to make a big budget Fallout game with reasonable development time. It will be legendary!

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I don't give a fuck what the codex says! Deadfire is an amazing game. Tyranny and The White March are also pretty damn good, and even Pillars 1 was incline in an era of popamole.

Now they have an opportunity to make a big budget Fallout game with reasonable development time. It will be legendary!

Most codexers are covert popamolers. Only a popamoler wouldn't like Pillars.

imweasel

I don't think many IE fans on the Codex actually like PoE judging from the huge backlash around here after PoE 1 was released. The game would have very likely even been removed from the RPG Codex Steam curator if it wasn't for Infinitron's relentless Sawyer cock stroking and Obsidian shilling.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Pillars of Eternity was a disappointment, but it was still one of the first real CRPGs after a decade of the genre being near-extinct.

Deadfire though? Huge leap in quality for a sequel, and it keeps getting better with every patch.

Last edited:
The Real Fanboy
Enough with the fake news already...
How many times do these links have to be posted until you stop resisting reality?

Pillars of Eternity 2 has flopped really hard, sold only 110K copies worldwide until September 2018
PILLARS OF ETERNITY 2 HAS BEEN A SALES DISASTER

Pillows 2 flopped fucking hard. Yes, Sawyerism sucks that much.

sis, since when have sales ever meant quality? 6ix9ine must be the best rapper in the world according to your galaxy brain logic

Lhynn

Arcane
Pillars 2 was bland but alright.
Pillars 1 was bland and complete garbage.

Feels like we've had this talk before.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
sis, since when have sales ever meant quality? 6ix9ine must be the best rapper in the world according to your galaxy brain logic

Good. Now that this is out of the way, we can all agree that quality means quality and PoE2 is garbage because it has none. It is simply a better version of PoE, a tryhard IE clone with bad mechanics and worldbuilding.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I hope josh gets to realise his wildest game dev dreams at Obsidiansoft!!!!

:nocountryforshitposters:

You should put in there the disaster that was Caesar's Legion in New Vegas. I don't know the behind the scene and the problems they had with the title, so maybe it's not his fault, but the representation of Roman culture and Caesar and the roman military structure was extremely simplistic and reeked of modern liberal bias. (beside the butchered pronunciation of latin)

Or maybe it was done on purpose to represent the legion as ignorant larpers roman wannabes?

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
the legion was one giant strawman and any attempt to flesh them out was almost entirely cut out sans a few sentences from certain npcs(e.g., cass saying she's envious of how safe legion merchants are)

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
the legion was one giant strawman and any attempt to flesh them out was almost entirely cut out sans a few sentences from certain npcs(e.g., cass saying she's envious of how safe legion merchants are)

They were supposed to be part of Van Buren

One of the few big things I did on Van Buren was taking an organization Chris invented and changing it (perhaps mangling it in the process) into a neo-Roman slavers' legion with all the weird titles, makeshift costumes, and traditions of that group.

Either way the legion is garbage. And it's clear that Sawyer, like all the muricans, doesn't understand the difference between colonial slavery in the US and Roman (and ancient world in general)'s slavery

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom