Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh shares his desktop and shows the PoE2 Confluence site in the second video at 9:00

Ging_Sama

Novice
Obviously, can't talk specifics right now, but I am not working on an Outer Worlds DLC. I provide feedback and consultation, but no dev work.

Damn Brandon, Game director with Chris Parker on new POE ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ging_Sama

Novice
Josh Sawyer's game - 5 person team, in preproduction and just at the end of the prototype stage, starting a new development sprint today. Sounds like it's looking good so far.

So 4 team or 5 teams at Obsi ?

I think 2 teams "Passion project" (Grounded,Sawyer IP)

2 teams "Obsidian big RPG" (CainBoyarsky and Chris Parker project with Brandon Adler/Carrie Patel as sub Game director ?)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
5 person team sounds good. Means he's probably making something he's passionate about.

Without combat though
rating_negativeman.png

Or at least I think that was the idea.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh shows off his current books at 26:55, 29:05 and 29:55 in the second video. I daresay these are a hint as to what his game is about.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Josh Sawyer's game - 5 person team, in preproduction and just at the end of the prototype stage, starting a new development sprint today. Sounds like it's looking good so far.
He's been at this how long and it's still in preproduction?

Murk

Arcane
Too busy streaming Darklands and giving powerpoint talks about game design to get any work done.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
He's been at this how long and it's still in preproduction?

He tweeted out the Project Missouri notebook back in July, so nine or so months? https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...discussion-thread.84849/page-277#post-6223755

Doesn't seem so weird for a small personal project to need a while before it takes shape. If they have a prototype now than it won't be much longer.

Got bored and left

So is he finally doing Fuck You: Suck My Dick: Josh Sawyer Dream Game, or whatever that was called?

Quillon

Arcane
So is he finally doing Fuck You: Suck My Dick: Josh Sawyer Dream Game, or whatever that was called?

Apparently not. Guess he needs more than 5 devs for that he couldn't get, otherwise I don't get the logic about doing another small game but not his dream game at this point.

Got bored and left

Apparently not. Guess he needs more than 5 devs for that he couldn't get, otherwise I don't get the logic about doing another small game but not his dream game at this point.

Well, team size notwithstanding (and I have yet to watch the whole stream), he was showing off books about Galen and Benedictine monks and whatnot, which scream the modern-day Darklands he's been pining for his entire life - so, maybe actually kinda yes? If he's doing reserach for it, that is.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Well, team size notwithstanding (and I have yet to watch the whole stream), he was showing off books about Galen and Benedictine monks and whatnot, which scream the modern-day Darklands he's been pining for his entire life - so, maybe actually kinda yes? If he's doing reserach for it, that is.
It'd be very impressive if they could make a Darklands-type game with only 5 people. Maybe they're leaning really heavily on those text adventure parts.

garren

Arcane
Patron
I can't play new obsidian games anymore, everything they do is just woke shit nowadays. Ok I have slight hopes for the sawyer game but.. ah who am i kidding, it's gonna be some medieval romp with gay relationships filled with social commentary about the man keeping the poor and slaves down, while you liberate townships from the monarchy.

Last edited:

Got bored and left

It'd be very impressive if they could make a Darklands-type game with only 5 people. Maybe they're leaning really heavily on those text adventure parts.

Replicating Darklands' scope with 5 people is probably off the table, but maybe they could go for something much smaller, evoking the late medieval/renaissance Holy Roman Empire-with-alchemy-and-demons feel? Who knows.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Is Sawyer autistic? Can we call him The Good Developer?

His admission to playing Animal Crossing was fucking painful to hear. He didn't even justify it by claiming it was to catphish pedophiles.

Quillon

Arcane

Replicating Darklands' scope with 5 people is probably off the table, but maybe they could go for something much smaller, evoking the late medieval/renaissance Holy Roman Empire-with-alchemy-and-demons feel? Who knows.

He explicitly said he's not making his dream game several times, lastly in his latest Darklands stream.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
You probably have it backwards. What he likely means is that there's no combat system but there might still be violence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom